Ha. That could be fun. I'll be there June 4th-30th. My mixed games skills are severely lacking at this point, and I've been meaning to get over to the Venetian. Considering playing some of their tournaments.Also, I run super bad in Limit games live (usually in the 20/40 range), so 6/12 might be more safe.
Congrats on finishing school. And screw Vegas. Come meet me for the 5-5 no max game at the Bike. I had a shitty day today myself. Within 2 minutes of sitting down AA<88 on XX88A board for stacks. Money all went in on the end. I hate Sundays.
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, 2/4 and 3/6.So massive monkey tilt inevitably leads to blackjacking, and somehow got my AP account back to where it was to start the day.Does anyone know how to actually delete blackjack from the AP software? The "hide" function is useless, obv.
You could try e-mailing support and asking them to block you. The only real cure though is to lose so much playing BJ that you're utterly disgusted with yourself and never ever want to play again. And even that can be temporary.
The only real cure though is to lose so much playing BJ that you're utterly disgusted with yourself and never ever want to play again. And even that can be temporary.
Yeah, I've been there a few times too. Doesn't help long term.Glad to see ya still posting here Iggy.
Congrats on finishing school. And screw Vegas. Come meet me for the 5-5 no max game at the Bike.
Hey rgold, saw your post over in GenPo and realized that it might've looked like I was giving you the brush off. Wasn't my intention...I think I just forgot to reply.Thanks for the congrats. And, I'd never live in Vegas, but it's a fun place to visit. Also, I will eventually make it to the Bike. Only just got to play poker in LA for the first time a few months ago. Played mostly at Commerce but a little at HPC.
Yeah, I've been there a few times too. Doesn't help long term.Glad to see ya still posting here Iggy.
Thanks Zach. I've been posting more at 2+2 lately for actual hands, since they've got a more expansive Omaha forum. I'd still post here for how my life's going (wrt poker) if anything positive happened, but it hasn't been lately. I keep putting some money online, winning enough to cash out for some bills, and then losing the remainder playing over my roll. Any SHLHE I've tried lately has been death, because I never try until I'm already bored, and I usually sit in games I have < 150 BB in. Lost $1000 playing 8/16 tonight with a bunch of ridiculously bad players while taking my Bodog account from $1500 back to $0. Mr. cold-calls raises w/J2 and checks behind sets on the river whenever there's a flush out seemed to make a hand against me every single time and was probably the main beneficiary tonight.

Good to see you iggy.I really hope you get properly going again, but I don't think you're going to be able to do it if you keep playing underrolled or in the wrong frame of mind.I've started posting a little in PLO on 2p2, and it seems like quite a good forum.

Hey rgold, saw your post over in GenPo and realized that it might've looked like I was giving you the brush off. Wasn't my intention...I think I just forgot to reply.Thanks for the congrats. And, I'd never live in Vegas, but it's a fun place to visit. Also, I will eventually make it to the Bike. Only just got to play poker in LA for the first time a few months ago. Played mostly at Commerce but a little at HPC.
Haha - I'm really not passive-aggressive like that, I promise. I was speaking more in general terms in the sense that it can be very difficult for outsiders and new members to get comfortable and feel like they can make a substantive contribution. I like it around here, am fine with saying what I think regardless of who cares, and take little personally, so to me it's not as big a deal as I imagine it can be for others. Thank you, though.

Got kicked for a buy-in tonight (-$600) playing a mix of 3/6 and 5/10. Considering my cards, I think I did well.

last weekend I did some MTTing. got relatively deep in two FT MTTs, but finished down overall. my finals are almost done and I may actually get my first 4.0 in my life if all things go right. I'm looking forward to getting some serious hands in next week and hopefully get in 25K in a half month

Standard:may9hd0.jpgVegas trip is in serious doubt.
That sucks Zach, you should be able to beat these levels.Are you still a life winning player not including RB and so on?
That sucks Zach, you should be able to beat these levels.Are you still a life winning player not including RB and so on?
Yes, definitely.I just can't put together a good run to save my life anymore.The biggest problem is that I've been playing more on Crypto which is filled with bonus whores, who are all pretty decent at poker. You'll get 3-4 other decent players at a table, one mediocre player, then, if you're lucky, an awful player. So, because of that, these games are very tight, and very aggressive. Generally, I feel I'm better than most of the players, but since it's not a huge edge, it greatly increases variance.Furthermore, I was at this one table last night with a 70/2/0.5, and another aggrotard. The first 110 hands at the table, my W$SD was 0%, while my WTSD was a normal-ish 34%. That's a recipe for losing money fast.
Yes, definitely.I just can't put together a good run to save my life anymore.The biggest problem is that I've been playing more on Crypto which is filled with bonus whores, who are all pretty decent at poker. You'll get 3-4 other decent players at a table, one mediocre player, then, if you're lucky, an awful player. So, because of that, these games are very tight, and very aggressive. Generally, I feel I'm better than most of the players, but since it's not a huge edge, it greatly increases variance.Furthermore, I was at this one table last night with a 70/2/0.5, and another aggrotard. The first 110 hands at the table, my W$SD was 0%, while my WTSD was a normal-ish 34%. That's a recipe for losing money fast.
How far up would you have to go in limits to get away from the bounus whore nits and could you beat the game there?
How far up would you have to go in limits to get away from the bounus whore nits and could you beat the game there?
there's almost no action full-ring above 2/4 LHE, and not much SH above 3/6.
I would just move to AP full time.I'm probably going to do that for the rest of the month anyways.My pre-month estimates have been foiled, as I'm not eligible for a couple bonuses I thought I could get, and then another one doesn't accept Click2Pay like every other site on the network, so I'll have to skip that as well. I've got $200 more on Crypto to clear at 5x, I think I'll try to get a significant portion of that done tomorrow afternoon, and then do the rest of my play on AP, where I still have a ton of bonus anyways.

Alright this marks exactly one full month from the time I started my micro challenge. This is 90% $10NL with a few hundred hands of $25NL mixed in. Overall I'm running at 9.8 ptbb/100. Definitely not a bad start, but I'd like to see this last over a sample 5X this large.511do3.jpg

Alright this marks exactly one full month from the time I started my micro challenge. This is 90% $10NL with a few hundred hands of $25NL mixed in. Overall I'm running at 9.8 ptbb/100. Definitely not a bad start, but I'd like to see this last over a sample 5X this large.511do3.jpg
What kind of session lengths are you playing? I remember back at the beginning of Bodog (0 A.B.), I ran $10 to $100 on a .05/.10 table. =)

Ok, these are all hands from my session I just finished up.LOL SO SICK.HUmay6.jpgI am also an idiot. I made this play...I raise T8s, he re-raises, I re-raise from 9 to 29, he shoves. I call all in for $120 total. LOL. I do a lot of weird things HU but this was just horrible...and prob where I went down the lowest. After that I was like wtf am I doing and came back and booked a win. At one time I was 4 tabling and my head is still spinning from that.Weee...Cumulative Graph: HUmay6-2.jpglol- Jordan

I am also an idiot. I made this play...I raise T8s, he re-raises, I re-raise from 9 to 29, he shoves. I call all in for $120 total. LOL. I do a lot of weird things HU but this was just horrible...and prob where I went down the lowest.
...yeeeeah...cut that shit out.

short stacking nl holdem is fun. Full Tilt Poker Game #2399790058: Table Cumbria Iron - $0.10/$0.25 - No Limit Hold'em - 6:35:44 ET - 2007/05/11Seat 1: Moosicles ($5.40)Seat 2: quagmire1313 ($26.30)Seat 3: thedunktruck ($49.30)Seat 4: antistuff ($4.05)Seat 5: Rozzy18 ($2.75)Seat 6: CHEDawg827 ($23.15)Seat 7: Done5zero ($6.50)Seat 8: Born To Chase ($12.90)Seat 9: dswviper ($25.45)Rozzy18 posts the small blind of $0.10CHEDawg827 posts the big blind of $0.25The button is in seat #4*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to antistuff [Ad As]Done5zero foldsBorn To Chase calls $0.25dswviper foldsMoosicles foldsquagmire1313 foldsthedunktruck foldsantistuff raises to $1Rozzy18 calls $0.90CHEDawg827 calls $0.75Born To Chase folds*** FLOP *** [4h 4c 4d]Rozzy18 bets $1.75, and is all inCHEDawg827 raises to $3.50antistuff calls $3.05, and is all inCHEDawg827 shows [7s 7h]antistuff shows [Ad As]Rozzy18 shows [Kh Kc]Uncalled bet of $0.45 returned to CHEDawg827antistuff: w00Moosicles: lol*** TURN *** [4h 4c 4d] [4s]antistuff: tCHEDawg827: wow*** RIVER *** [4h 4c 4d 4s] [2c]CHEDawg827 shows four of a kind, Foursantistuff shows four of a kind, Foursantistuff wins the side pot ($2.45) with four of a kind, FoursRozzy18 shows four of a kind, Foursantistuff wins the main pot ($8.10) with four of a kind, FoursMoosicles: ace high wudda been good enoughRozzy18 is sitting out*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $11.10 Main pot $8.50. Side pot $2.60. | Rake $0.55Board: [4h 4c 4d 4s 2c]Seat 1: Moosicles didn't bet (folded)Seat 2: quagmire1313 didn't bet (folded)Seat 3: thedunktruck didn't bet (folded)Seat 4: antistuff (button) showed [Ad As] and won ($10.55) with four of a kind, FoursSeat 5: Rozzy18 (small blind) showed [Kh Kc] and lost with four of a kind, FoursSeat 6: CHEDawg827 (big blind) showed [7s 7h] and lost with four of a kind, FoursSeat 7: Done5zero didn't bet (folded)Seat 8: Born To Chase folded before the FlopSeat 9: dswviper didn't bet (folded)