loli've almost met my "challenge" of 20 buy ins....i think I need to reset that goal to like 50.hey i can steal the goals thread...i originated them here back last June I believe :club: --- we do need more bbving tho in this thread. good times.- Jordan
OK. Beat: I'm drunk, I have no money, and my gambling addiction's making me fiend like crazy. I just want to play poker (or blackjack) so bad right now and I have no way to do so. I've got some work I could do at $20/hr right now, but I'm not in the mood for that at all. I wish I was back in Vegas playing BJ at the $300 min. table.
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BRAG: Was so desperate to play that I checked my Full Tilt account to see if I had enough points for a freeroll and apparently someone I don't know sent me $350 on May 11th (by accident?). Hooray, I'm back in action!

OK. Beat: I'm drunk, I have no money, and my gambling addiction's making me fiend like crazy. I just want to play poker (or blackjack) so bad right now and I have no way to do so. I've got some work I could do at $20/hr right now, but I'm not in the mood for that at all. I wish I was back in Vegas playing BJ at the $300 min. table.
need to be staked? pm me.
Why are your posts in the 2 + 2 omaha strat section so awesome, while your posts in this goal thread consist of -EV experiences?Stop fukking around, get your sh1t together and start consistently crushing the PLO games online!!!

So, any suggestions on how someone who fits the following criteria might set goals for a month? Hypothetically speaking, of course.1) New to the game - started playing for money about a month ago 2) Not much time to play - works full time, 2 young kids at home; basically plays 1 SnG per evening3) Small stakes - made a $200 deposit on Stars, starting with the $1.20's to gain experience and build the bankroll a bit4) Basically a recreational player at this point - read a few books, done a lot of internet research, but doesn't have the spare cash to invest in a poker library or some of those fancy software tools at this point in time5) Focused on single table SnGs for now - no time in my life for large tourneys and I don't have the risk-taking aggressive mindset for multi-table SnGs yet; also don't have the bankroll for cash games - literally starting at the bottom and working upThoughts?

So, any suggestions on how someone who fits the following criteria might set goals for a month? Hypothetically speaking, of course.1) New to the game - started playing for money about a month ago 2) Not much time to play - works full time, 2 young kids at home; basically plays 1 SnG per evening3) Small stakes - made a $200 deposit on Stars, starting with the $1.20's to gain experience and build the bankroll a bit4) Basically a recreational player at this point - read a few books, done a lot of internet research, but doesn't have the spare cash to invest in a poker library or some of those fancy software tools at this point in time5) Focused on single table SnGs for now - no time in my life for large tourneys and I don't have the risk-taking aggressive mindset for multi-table SnGs yet; also don't have the bankroll for cash games - literally starting at the bottom and working upThoughts?
Your goal for Month 1 should just be to play 25-30 $1.20 SNG's at a positive ROI. Start with small, achievable goals and go from there.
Your goal for Month 1 should just be to play 25-30 $1.20 SNG's at a positive ROI. Start with small, achievable goals and go from there.
And, make sure you're having fun while learning the game, challenging yourself, etc.
And, make sure you're having fun while learning the game, challenging yourself, etc.
Check.I have been playing about a month now and I have achieved the 1st month goal suggested by rgold. I've played just over 30 SnGs and my ROI is about 20% overall.So, how about a goal for month 2? Should I look to increase my ROI by a certain %?
Check.I have been playing about a month now and I have achieved the 1st month goal suggested by rgold. I've played just over 30 SnGs and my ROI is about 20% overall.So, how about a goal for month 2? Should I look to increase my ROI by a certain %?
To be honest, you'll never be able to aim for a certain ROI over a stretch of 30 SNGs, the variance just makes it too unlikely that your result after that block will be your true long term ROI.I think a great goal for anyone just starting out would be to finish ahead of the game. Beating the rake itself is amazing for someone just starting out. A very small percentage of people who play this game will win long term, and being a winner in your second month would be quite impressive. If I were you, my goal would be to finish with the month with a bigger bankroll than I started with.
Just a friendly observation since you are trying to get back it , you are playing on FTP's 50$PLO table Sundoro for a while now , and that table's avg pot is 3$ for an hour so . Playing in juicier games will definitely help you a lot.
Just a friendly observation since you are trying to get back it , you are playing on FTP's 50$PLO table Sundoro for a while now , and that table's avg pot is 3$ for an hour so . Playing in juicier games will definitely help you a lot.
it can be quite profitable to just run a table over, with very low risk if it is set up right. Maybe that is what he was doing.
it can be quite profitable to just run a table over, with very low risk if it is set up right. Maybe that is what he was doing.
Yeah maybe. I don't know.Noticed that was the tightest table for a while and i just checked who was in it.

If I was really working on getting good games, I'd just take the money out and put it on Bodog. I was just kind of trying some different stuff today since I hadn't played in a while and I wasn't sure if there was a minimum number of hands to play after getting a transfer before cashing out. Actually, the extent of my game selection today was to just try and play wherever the game would stay 4-handed or less, since the nits are easier to beat when they're short, but after a while I stopped paying a lot of attention and played some full (6-max) tables anyway. Still ended up ahead a little bit on the day though.

funny hand.Full Tilt Poker Game #2440933847: $19,000 Guarantee (18068859), Table 100 - 10/20 - No Limit Hold'em - 20:01:00 ET - 2007/05/16The button is in seat #9*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Theypeedonmyrug [Qs 2s]Rail6 foldsTXOUTLAW56 has 15 seconds left to actTXOUTLAW56 is sitting outTXOUTLAW56 has timed outTXOUTLAW56 foldssybr foldsTheypeedonmyrug foldsRailStorm calls 20Duckhunter916 calls 20gotpokerface calls 20MIRANDA706 has 15 seconds left to actMIRANDA706 is sitting outMIRANDA706 has timed outMIRANDA706 foldsWhiskylady checks*** FLOP *** [As 5h Td]Whiskylady checksRailStorm checksDuckhunter916 bets 50gotpokerface raises to 100Whiskylady raises to 440RailStorm has 15 seconds left to actRail6 is feeling happyRail6 is feeling angryRail6 is feeling confusedRailStorm is sitting outRailStorm has timed outRailStorm foldsRail6 is feeling normalDuckhunter916 raises to 1,480, and is all ingotpokerface calls 1,380, and is all inWhiskylady calls 1,040, and is all inDuckhunter916 shows [Ad Tc]gotpokerface shows [Ac Th]Whiskylady shows [Ah Ts]*** TURN *** [As 5h Td] [Jh]*** RIVER *** [As 5h Td Jh] [Jc]Duckhunter916 shows two pair, Aces and Jacksgotpokerface shows two pair, Aces and JacksWhiskylady shows two pair, Aces and JacksWhiskylady ties for the pot (1,510) with two pair, Aces and JacksDuckhunter916 ties for the pot (1,510) with two pair, Aces and Jacksgotpokerface ties for the pot (1,510) with two pair, Aces and JacksDuckhunter916: hahahahah*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 4,530 | Rake 0Board: [As 5h Td Jh Jc]Seat 1: MIRANDA706 (small blind) folded before the FlopSeat 2: Whiskylady (big blind) showed [Ah Ts] and won (1,510) with two pair, Aces and JacksSeat 3: Rail6 didn't bet (folded)Seat 4: TXOUTLAW56 didn't bet (folded)Seat 5: sybr didn't bet (folded)Seat 6: Theypeedonmyrug didn't bet (folded)Seat 7: RailStorm folded on the FlopSeat 8: Duckhunter916 showed [Ad Tc] and won (1,510) with two pair, Aces and JacksSeat 9: gotpokerface (button) showed [Ac Th] and won (1,510) with two pair, Aces and Jacks

yea...that was a sick end...was like AK < KT for 110bb pot, AT < 42 on a 35T3A board he c/r me on the riv and i paid it off cuz he was so bad...something else I can't remember...oh i chopped a big pot with AK to KJ vs this donk....K87 flop, K turn riv 7 bleh....and then against the same guy I stacked off with AQ < TT on QTx flop...lol, VERY NEXT hand, as you can see in the graph tho, I doubled back thru him....77 > TT on 7xx flop...and then he quit or i'd of run him down again....he was really bad...bleh- Jordan
what limits u playing online?
what limits u playing online?
$100nl HU.$200nl 6 max.I don't feel like moving up right now...although I'll prob be playing $200nl HU shortly. And I'm hardly playing 6 max right now...basically all HU.- Jordan

may is going about as slow as april.2,500 so far, all from arp and rakeback over 10k hands. plus maybe a buy in at 10/20. yheyh.just enough to cover what will likely end up being the cost of getting in an accident yesterday.so i guess may officially starts for me... tomorrow?