Random Hockey Observations

How does a meathead who shouldn't be in the league acting like a meathead mean that Mario is owed an apology ?
Because he said the league should have given out harsher suspensions. He clearly didn't learn his lesson. Maybe 20 games would have taught him something. I guess we'll see after the hearing tomorrow.As I've explained a million times, people got on Mario because he employs Cooke, which is completely irrelevant to what his main point was, which was clearly correct, no matter what your personal opinion of Cooke might be.
  • Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

Because he said the league should have given out harsher suspensions. He clearly didn't learn his lesson. Maybe 20 games would have taught him something. I guess we'll see after the hearing tomorrow.As I've explained a million times, people got on Mario because he employs Cooke, which is completely irrelevant to what his main point was, which was clearly correct, no matter what your personal opinion of Cooke might be.
I agree (well I always did but even more now). If Gillies isn't suspended for the season I will become embarrassed to watch the NHL.

I missed the comments from Capuano and Gilles - how far did they put their feet in their mouths this time? Any word whether Snow is still proud of his team?

From the coach, according to the NY Post:“I didn’t think [Clutterbuck’s] back was totally turned,” Islanders coach Jack Capuano said. “It’s obviously the league’s discretion for those situations.”From Gillies:“I just went over and finished my hit,” Gillies said. “I had no intention of hurting him. I’m not sure [about any disciplinary action]. It’s up to the league.”

From the coach, according to the NY Post:“I didn’t think [Clutterbuck’s] back was totally turned,” Islanders coach Jack Capuano said. “It’s obviously the league’s discretion for those situations.”From Gillies:“I just went over and finished my hit,” Gillies said. “I had no intention of hurting him. I’m not sure [about any disciplinary action]. It’s up to the league.”
There has been worse hits than that, however this guy is a douchebag, repeat offender that was JUST suspended..Maybe now the Islanders can put an A on him.

Pierre Mcguire and whoever was the announcer on TSN for Wednesday night's leafs/pens game talked about what the "A" on cooke's jersey really stood for.Either way we should be hearing pretty soon about the Gillies stuff. Keep in mind the Pens play the Isles again in their 16th game from now. The Pensblog is organizing a group to goto NY for the game. If you saw what how they took over Columbus you'll be interested to see what happens on the island.

Pierre Mcguire and whoever was the announcer on TSN for Wednesday night's leafs/pens game talked about what the "A" on cooke's jersey really stood for.Either way we should be hearing pretty soon about the Gillies stuff. Keep in mind the Pens play the Isles again in their 16th game from now. The Pensblog is organizing a group to goto NY for the game. If you saw what how they took over Columbus you'll be interested to see what happens on the island.
I bet Gillies gets 16 games.
Umm, Mario is not exactly the first person to suggest harsher suspensions for violent hits.
Is there something in the drinking water that makes everyone having anything to do with the Islanders utterly insane and terrible? And if so, was Moulson already terrible, and so it had the opposite effect?
There has been worse hits than that, however this guy is a douchebag, repeat offender that was JUST suspended..Maybe now the Islanders can put an A on him.
Agree or disagree, that is some funny shit right there.
I'm thinking 20.
They only have 17 games left, and appropriate penalty would be to suspend him for the rest of the year..Why wont the NHL make a statement finally, anything less than this its a disgrace.
They only have 17 games left, and appropriate penalty would be to suspend him for the rest of the year..Why wont the NHL make a statement finally, anything less than this its a disgrace.
I think it would be more of a statement to carry the suspension over to the following year. Missing opening day and the first home game will send twice the message of missing the rest of this season.

I agree that adding a couple of games next year would definitely send a message. It would bring the suspension back to people's attention at the start of next season, and might also affect the Islanders decision on whether Gillies makes the team next season.He should definitely be gone for the rest of this season though. Absolutely no quesiton in my mind.Although, I would have suspended him for the rest of the season after the first incident.

I think it would be more of a statement to carry the suspension over to the following year. Missing opening day and the first home game will send twice the message of missing the rest of this season.
Very good point...I like it..Chance of the NHL doing this nil IMO..
Congrats on #28,000. :)Yeah, the NHL won't do it, but they should.
30000 is going to be epic..Leafs sneak into playoffs, win the cup..POST 30000:WE WIN 44 years later WE WIN.THANKS AND GOOD NIGHT

I'm sure most people read Yahoo already, but interesting insider's perspective on the NHL hearing process. I would've liked to hear a lot more detail on how the actual hearing went, and I disagree with some of what the author says, especially about Simon. Interesting to note the 'insiders' are estimating 5 games for Gilles...http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_dadd...?urn=nhl-329498

30000 is going to be epic..Leafs sneak into playoffs, win the cup..POST 30000:WE WIN 44 years later WE WIN.THANKS AND GOOD NIGHT
lol serge, if the leafs made the playoffs, there is no way you could limit yourself to 2000 posts!
lol serge, if the leafs made the playoffs, there is no way you could limit yourself to 2000 posts!
Actually, the amount of posts i make are proportianetely higher when the Leafs lose...Because when the Leafs lose, a lot more people post..When they win only I post..Its the circumstance of the situation we live in..Its not too late, Chris...we can erase all your negativity if you COME OUT today...You can enjoy this run in public, instead of in the privacy of your living room as you are now..We know you are a huge Leafs fan...Its ok....Admitting is the first step of recovery..:club:
Actually, the amount of posts i make are proportianetely higher when the Leafs lose...Because when the Leafs lose, a lot more people post..When they win only I post..Its the circumstance of the situation we live in..Its not too late, Chris...we can erase all your negativity if you COME OUT today...You can enjoy this run in public, instead of in the privacy of your living room as you are now..We know you are a huge Leafs fan...Its ok....Admitting is the first step of recovery..:club:
LOL... I've told you before, Serge, I dont really root for teams, although I've always been a leaf and red wing fan. I root for friends to do well, and I have more friends on the leafs than any other team, so I want them to succeed. However, I will always be forced to keep my non-partial viewpoints. I like hockey WAY to much to cloud my vision....
LOL... I've told you before, Serge, I dont really root for teams, although I've always been a leaf and red wing fan. I root for friends to do well, and I have more friends on the leafs than any other team, so I want them to succeed. However, I will always be forced to keep my non-partial viewpoints. I like hockey WAY to much to cloud my vision....
fair enough..You can still celebrate the Cup though with the rest of us.
fair enough..You can still celebrate the Cup though with the rest of us.
I will adorn my senior citizen scooter and my depends with leaf stickers on that day...