Official Jc "prtypsux" Alvarado Wpt Tv Final Table Thread

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and as for what he should wear...i'd say whatever logo pays him the most
Enough of all this "what should JC wear" talk. It's clear he should wear a bandana covering his nose and mouth, and encourage Mike Sexton to refer to him as Alvarado the Desperado.
here's a video interview i did with JC about a month ago in san diego. juan carlos pokulator interviewand as for what he should wear...i'd say whatever logo pays him the mostgl JC
Very cool interview. That said I found it funny that he said he would be in the film industry, if he wasnt playing poker. Also that5-10 years from now he wants to be famous. I thought it was funny because he seemed so uncomfortable in front of the camera.He seemed really nervous. Anyway GL JC take one down for FCP, since Dn is having his troubles with tourneys of late. SOMEONE should step up and represent.
Very cool interview. That said I found it funny that he said he would be in the film industry, if he wasnt playing poker. Also that5-10 years from now he wants to be famous. I thought it was funny because he seemed so uncomfortable in front of the camera.He seemed really nervous. Anyway GL JC take one down for FCP, since Dn is having his troubles with tourneys of late. SOMEONE should step up and represent.
Speaking of DN, he should chime in and offer his support. Where is the love ??

Just watched the card player daily video. When they go over the final table they make a big deal out of David Pham the chip leader, gloss over JC with a comment like :"and in second position some Juan Carlos guy"... they move right on to JC tran.

Is that pronounced "Cack-loo-tater"? j/k :club:
I am not sure why I am still laughing at that. I guess because in my mind I hear the comedian Ron White saying it.Or maybe It has just been a long day.
LMAO.he's cashed over a million in the last 3 months...i wish my tourney game had some "troubles". :club:
and as for what he should wear...i'd say whatever logo pays him the mostgl JC
I was under the impression that the WPT didn't allow logos at the final table. Isn't that why you see people with black tape over the logos on their baseball caps.
LMAO.he's cashed over a million in the last 3 months...i wish my tourney game had some "troubles". :club:
I didnt mean it THAT way, I meant he has failed to TAKE IT DOWN! and win it. I meant no disrespect to him.I follow his stats and progress as much as the rest of us do here. I know he crushes, has crushed , and will continue to crush.Just been a while between wins. That is all.
Is that pronounced "Cack-loo-tater"? j/k :club:
My wife has family in Mexico...pretty sure it's pronounced "CACA-Later". :D J C is one of the coolest, soft spoken good guys. He deserves every minute of this.

I just listened to the pokerwire show and everybody picked JC to finished 4th :club: hes 2nd in chips right now.... c'mon give me a break. I guess you cant blame them, they just have no idea that this kid is capable of... my prediction for JC? 650k and a wpt titleTID!!!

I just listened to the pokerwire show and everybody picked JC to finished 4th :club: hes 2nd in chips right now.... c'mon give me a break. I guess you cant blame them, they just have no idea that this kid is capable of... my prediction for JC? 650k and a wpt titleTID!!!
My favorite part was when one of them thought he might be too passive for the final table structure... que?
My favorite part was when one of them thought he might be too passive for the final table structure... que?
They don't really have much info on him Im sure as he is rather new to the circuit, in general they discount the unknowns whenever a poker show is handicapping a FT. On that note I dont think the players will be writing him off if they have played with him much and if they do it could be a costly mistake.
I think Joe and the other guy were very complimentary about JC's game. They both seemed impressed with his style. I think they were fair even though the highest they had him finishing was 3rd. I think they just felt experience was going to matter. We know these WPT final tables are crapshoots so its going to be who runs best and who picks up the hands at the right times. Both guys talked about how JC's penchant for check/calling (playing smallball and seemingly passively) might hurt him at a WPT final table. The counter to that point is that JC has a ton of online experience and the structures late in online tournaments are just as crapshoot in nature. I'm sure JC will be able to make the adjustment. GL man. I wish you the best. TID!