Any Interest In A Yahoo Keeper League?

Confirming.BTW can we set up the draft order prior to half hour before the draft so that some strategy may be used, it's alright if its the 30 minute yahoo style although I think more thought will go into if if we have like a week to prepare.
a week to prepare shouldn't be a problem...mainly because there are so few draft times available in the immediate future
  • Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, league is set up! I am going to PM everyone with the details. Everything can be worked on in the way of stats, i just added a few to the usual to allow for a bit of a deeper talent pool.ok so far we have 10 of 11 confirms and two guys who want it:ConfirmedSuited AcesMoney Ball3AByaatchAadamsCheckyAll in BluffSilver SevenOutsiderThe hiddenCuddle monkey and Ozium are both interested so I say we give them teams, and start the league with 12-13 teams. We just need SpeedLimits confirmation.After Monkey and Ozium, registration is CLOSED unless Daniel wants a team. 13 teams top. Registration will open again if anyone drops.EDIT: I just saw that Relishym had a request in before cuddlemonkey...this is my mistake so I am going to say the Relishym can have a team and cuddlemonkey is the first alternative if Speedlimit doesn't confirm by friday. Or if you guys want to start with 13-14 Cuddle can have a franchise.

OK, league is set up! I am going to PM everyone with the details. Everything can be worked on in the way of stats, i just added a few to the usual to allow for a bit of a deeper talent pool.
Ditch the holds stat. I know you are wanting to encourage the use of middle relievers, but holds are a junk stat. A pitcher can come in at the 8th inning with a 6 run lead, give up five runs before he gets out of the inning, and send the game to the closer. If the closer does his job then the reliever gets the hold despite the fact that he didn't do his job. I'd rather see complete games put in as a stat.

Is yahoo very compatable with keeper leagues? For example do they allow for players to be kept after the year or would we have to work that out ourselves before next year?Also what are we gonna do about prospects? Alot of them arent included in their player lists.

the way it's done is I will collect the final rosters at the end of the season, you will have till say January to decalre who you are keeping. By the time draft day rolls around a great deal of the prospects who are going to be in camp will be added. After that it will go by waiver priority until the trade deadline (or september call ups) at which point transactions will be frozen and all players left are the draft pool for the next season. It makes it interesting becuase there can be some good prospects and some solid regular players in the draft.Does everyone like that?

while i'm at it, I will throw out some rules. All of these are open for debateKeepers:1 Franchise (perm. contract changable every other year)2 rookies (we can use the MLB definition)(2 year contracts)9 Regular (1 year renewable contracts)or 20 Keepers anyone can be kept...no contracts.DRAFT PICKS: Draft Picks are tradeable, during the season it would require the tradign teams to either DROP and then pick up the player OR trade a scrub for the player. I will track all trades, incl. draft picks. SCORING SYSTEM:I like more of a 6X6 or more system becuase it encourages more scrounging and use of different players. It also I believe makes it a bit more of a strategic game rather than just picking the best prospects and the best players.hmm that's all i can think of for now...any suggestions?

1 Franchise (perm. contract changable every other year)2 rookies (we can use the MLB definition)(2 year contracts)9 Regular (1 year renewable contracts)
Im not sure I understand the difference between a franchise and regular player.

alright I have played keeper leagues but maybe not to this level. As far as contracts I am not too sure what you guys are talking about. I thought if there is an "X" number of players you have to keep then that is the total. But with the contracts that got me a little confused. Can someone help me out? thanks

I'll break down the break downs more.Franchise: You are allowed ONE franchise player per team, unless you aquire another in a trade. Their contracts last forever, BUT can be re assigned every two years. EX: I name Arod my franchise player, and then two years down the road I wish to remove that tag from him and place it on Alex Gordon.Regular Keeper: There are 9 of these on each team. They are one year contracts, that can be renewed as many times as wanted. YOU CAN NOT GO OVER 9 at the end of the season.EX: I trade for two keepers to bring my total one year keepers to 11, at the end of the season, I must designate 9 and only 9ROOKIE: Two Rookie contracts per team. The MLB definition of the rookie will be used i believe its under 150 AB or 50IPHope that's clearer. I know it looks intimidating but it's soooo fun!!

I'll break down the break downs more.Franchise: You are allowed ONE franchise player per team, unless you aquire another in a trade. Their contracts last forever, BUT can be re assigned every two years. EX: I name Arod my franchise player, and then two years down the road I wish to remove that tag from him and place it on Alex Gordon.Regular Keeper: There are 9 of these on each team. They are one year contracts, that can be renewed as many times as wanted. YOU CAN NOT GO OVER 9 at the end of the season.EX: I trade for two keepers to bring my total one year keepers to 11, at the end of the season, I must designate 9 and only 9ROOKIE: Two Rookie contracts per team. The MLB definition of the rookie will be used i believe its under 150 AB or 50IPHope that's clearer. I know it looks intimidating but it's soooo fun!!
Ok that clears it up for me. So with the way you have proposed here we would have a total of 12 players staying the same on our team right?
Yes, yes, yes !!! Great setup, I like it.One clarification on the rookie keepers though. Does the player have to still be a rookie the following season or can you carry him after his rookie season ?
Yes, yes, yes !!! Great setup, I like it.One clarification on the rookie keepers though. Does the player have to still be a rookie the following season or can you carry him after his rookie season ?[/quotethis could pose a bit of a problem for first year set up....so i propose that we do this. For this year and this year only rookie contracts are availible to players who has >150 AB's or 50 IP's BEFORE the season