Any Interest In A Yahoo Keeper League?

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ira I am interested in Halladay for Sizemore/Others or Kazmir/Someone else for Sizemore.

ah what the hell happen? from us drafting on sunday to know all of a sudden the draft is done? I didnt set any of my players cause I knew who I was gonna draft live.Did everyone draft live? how many people emailed you? I mean I was totally looking forward to this league but I didnt set anything for player rankings. THIS SUCKS

ah what the hell happen? from us drafting on sunday to know all of a sudden the draft is done? I didnt set any of my players cause I knew who I was gonna draft live.Did everyone draft live? how many people emailed you? I mean I was totally looking forward to this league but I didnt set anything for player rankings. THIS SUCKS
Yeah wtf!!! I leave for a night of poker thinking that the draft is sunday and its already over. This isnt right.
+1QFMFT...I feel the exact same way

We agreed not to do redraft because it wasn't fair to those who DID show up, there is still plenty of time to rebuild.However if there is a redraft then I suggest whoever was at the draft get either first waiver priority or first picks int he redraft, it's only fair for those who spent 2-3 hours last night drafting.

We agreed not to do redraft because it wasn't fair to those who DID show up, there is still plenty of time to rebuild.However if there is a redraft then I suggest whoever was at the draft get either first waiver priority or first picks int he redraft, it's only fair for those who spent 2-3 hours last night drafting.
I would have had no problem with being at the draft last night if I had known about it however as of the late morning me for me we were set to draft on Sunday. Once I seen that our draft was set for Sunday I didnt look at the thread till later in the evening? How is it fair to those who thought the draft was on sunday and it turned out to be back on Thursday? Out of curiousity how many people were online to draft? As far as people who were online at the time of draft I dont think they get special treatment like I said earlier if I had known about it I would have been there.And yes I know the season hasnt started yet and their probably are some players out there to add but I mean look at my team I have got some of the oldest bench player alive? I would not have gone that route had I drafted live. And a pitcher was not drafted for my team till the 6th round. For those that were online were able to take advantage if people did not set the pre-set numbers.

I was at the draft last night, and frankly I say we just scrap this league and register in a new one. All the confusion has totally fucked this league. And this time set the draft, and absolutely no changes or discussion. Just set it with a weeks notice and everyone who wants to be there will need to schedule accordingly.

I was at the draft last night, and frankly I say we just scrap this league and register in a new one. All the confusion has totally fucked this league. And this time set the draft, and absolutely no changes or discussion. Just set it with a weeks notice and everyone who wants to be there will need to schedule accordingly.
I honestly think that is the best option.

I would be happy to actually draft, I had plans for the draft and even a few hours before it showed I had 6 days until the new draft so I assumed it was for certain changed and I went ahead with my new plans to watch my kids. Have we picked a definite time to draft yet?

i'm deleting my team. sorry, but i left for vegas seeing a draft in a week, got to vegas, got a text from someone who knows teddy 6 minutes before the draft started saying i had to draft, and my hotel room internet is so spotty i can barely post on fcp and couldn't make it.anyway, i didn't have any rankings set, and for a keeper league, i have utter crap. if someone wants to start another one, i'm in, but i'm deleting this team.

I would have had no problem with being at the draft last night if I had known about it however as of the late morning me for me we were set to draft on Sunday. Once I seen that our draft was set for Sunday I didnt look at the thread till later in the evening? How is it fair to those who thought the draft was on sunday and it turned out to be back on Thursday? Out of curiousity how many people were online to draft? As far as people who were online at the time of draft I dont think they get special treatment like I said earlier if I had known about it I would have been there.And yes I know the season hasnt started yet and their probably are some players out there to add but I mean look at my team I have got some of the oldest bench player alive? I would not have gone that route had I drafted live. And a pitcher was not drafted for my team till the 6th round. For those that were online were able to take advantage if people did not set the pre-set numbers.
About half the people showed up at one point or another. It kinda pisses me off how people at the draft agreed not to do one, and made me waste my friggen time drafting. Don't say "let's not redraft" or some crap, and then completely caving. This thing isn't even for real money and the bitching I hear is incredible. I don't think we should completely destroy the league but if people want to start a new one that should be fine. If people delete their teams, it gives other people who didnt draft the chance to get the deleted players (I hope that's how it works). I wasted about 3 hours last night drafting and I don't think it should go to waste. So if one of you guys who is pissed off wants to start a new league, then go ahead, but Ira cancelled his plans just to be here, and made a pretty decent effort to try and get everyone to show. There is plenty of time to rebuild, and first years of keepers are always the most disorganized, but I can tell you it'll probably get better before it gets worse. No one has a gun to anyones head, but I think that it can still be fun, even with a poor team, maybe not now but for years. I'm not the kind of person to make stupid threats if things don't go my way, so I will suck it up if you guys decide to redraft. But I am definately 100% against it.PS. JAMIE DONT DELETE UR TEAM U HAVE ROGER FUCKING CLEMENS. ILL GIVEU HOMER BAILEY, I DRAFTED HIM JSUT FOR YOU <3 :club:

I offered a redraft right away and EVERYONE there didn't want to. I am more than willing to scrap this league and create a new one. I will be away tomorow, but if everyone agrees by sunday i will set up a draft for sometime before opening day. How is that?Thank you Teddy for actually trying to defend me, I will commish the other one (if you want me to) because I really do want this keeper league to get off the ground.

Ira cancelled his plans just to be here, and made a pretty decent effort to try and get everyone to show.
I think that's the part that's getting overlooked. Ira went out of his way to accomodate as many people as possible, but apparently that's not good enough. What if the draft stayed change to Wednesday? I know I wouldn't have made it. Does that mean I would be right to demand a redraft? I'm fairly certain anyone who missed this draft but would have made the other one would say no redraft. I say suck it up, play your team, and work to rebuild.I may have given Ira shit on draft day, but I wouldn't make him go through this again.

this is dumb. didn't even get a PM saying when the draft was, sorry but I don't check my yahoo email everyday so I didn't know when the draft was. I won't be participating in this league if it doesn't get the boot.

this is dumb. didn't even get a PM saying when the draft was, sorry but I don't check my yahoo email everyday so I didn't know when the draft was. I won't be participating in this league if it doesn't get the boot.
everything has been posted in here and in the league...sorry if we're losing you

We were given 3-4 hours notice. You couldnt have expected everyone to make it. If I couldnt have made it I would have atleast had time to preset my rankings.

PS. JAMIE DONT DELETE UR TEAM U HAVE ROGER FUCKING CLEMENS. ILL GIVEU HOMER BAILEY, I DRAFTED HIM JSUT FOR YOU <3 :club:
LOL.seriously, i don't care enough about a free league to be mad, so don't think i am, guys, but my team sucks so hard that it is entirely impossible to save.
I think that's the part that's getting overlooked. Ira went out of his way to accomodate as many people as possible, but apparently that's not good enough. What if the draft stayed change to Wednesday? I know I wouldn't have made it. Does that mean I would be right to demand a redraft? I'm fairly certain anyone who missed this draft but would have made the other one would say no redraft. I say suck it up, play your team, and work to rebuild.I may have given Ira shit on draft day, but I wouldn't make him go through this again.
I am not denying that he changed his schedule to accomodate everyone but the hard part was is that we actually were talking already about another day to draft. So to me that would mean thursday would be totally out of the question.
I offered a redraft right away and EVERYONE there didn't want to. I am more than willing to scrap this league and create a new one. I will be away tomorow, but if everyone agrees by sunday i will set up a draft for sometime before opening day. How is that?Thank you Teddy for actually trying to defend me, I will commish the other one (if you want me to) because I really do want this keeper league to get off the ground.
Obv everyone that was in the draft room ready to go would not want to change the draft date.However the guys that weren't there would have ALL voted for a redraft immediately.Ira I understand what you had to go through and finally changing your plans, but I think you can't expect us to react to 3 draft date changes in the last 24 hours leading up to the draft. This was poorly managed.I also want this pool to be fun, and many guys are pretty pissed right from the start, so a redraft is the better solution­ imho.Cheers all !