Any Interest In A Yahoo Keeper League?

I was at the draft for a couple of rounds before Yahoo went screwy for me and I couldn't get back in. I think I was the only person there who wanted a redraft.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a poll taken during the draft to see what everyone present would prefer. The consensus was no redraft, which is the only reason we continued drafting.So now that those of us that participated are being forced to do this again, what do we get for it? At the very least, the draft order should be redrawn to give priority to those who were there.As for times, the only day that will work for me is some reasonable time on Sunday, and even that might not work since I'm expecting a kid any day now.

There was a poll taken during the draft to see what everyone present would prefer. The consensus was no redraft, which is the only reason we continued drafting.So now that those of us that participated are being forced to do this again, what do we get for it? At the very least, the draft order should be redrawn to give priority to those who were there.As for times, the only day that will work for me is some reasonable time on Sunday, and even that might not work since I'm expecting a kid any day now.
I dont understand why the people who were there feel like they deserve something. I would have been there or atleast preset my rankings if I was given adequate time to see that the draft time changed. The people present shouldnt be given anything extra just because they happened to be on FCP during the 4 hour period between when the draft time was changed and the draft started.
This is not the first time that the idea of people being at the draft getting something for being there has been brought up. Like I have said time and time again I dont agree that should happen. I gotta ask it, for you guys that were at the draft that all agreed not to re-draft, did you guys all think that people would not have had a problem when they realized that the draft date was changed and were going to be stuck with their team? Did you guys not think there would be a problem?
This is not the first time that the idea of people being at the draft getting something for being there has been brought up. Like I have said time and time again I dont agree that should happen.I gotta ask it, for you guys that were at the draft that all agreed not to re-draft, did you guys all think that people would not have had a problem when they realized that the draft date was changed and were going to be stuck with their team? Did you guys not think there would be a problem?
Those of us who were there deserve some sort of compensation because when we continued to draft, it was with the understanding that the draft would stand. If we knew there would be a redraft, we never would have continued in the first place. We went through with it, and now it's being scrapped. How do we not deserve a little something for being misled?
Those of us who were there deserve some sort of compensation because when we continued to draft, it was with the understanding that the draft would stand. If we knew there would be a redraft, we never would have continued in the first place. We went through with it, and now it's being scrapped. How do we not deserve a little something for being misled?
The simple fact that did you really and honestly think it was fair to have the draft with only half the people there for a draft that had the time changed two hours before the draft?
The simple fact that did you really and honestly think it was fair to have the draft with only half the people there for a draft that had the time changed two hours before the draft?
It wasn't my decision to have the draft then. I saw that Ira set the final time for that night and I participated. When only half the owners showed up, that's when he put the proposal forward and we all voted no redraft. From the beginning, this was Ira's idea.To be honest, I didn't care one way or the other if anyone absent would consider it fair. I just considered it from the point of view that if the league owner is putting this forward, then this is how it's going to be. Now that it's apparently being changed on us, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a little compensation.

I understand the whole thing about wanting to find a way to accomodate everybody by taking polls and such, but the only way to run a pool is to have a single authority, the commish. I believe the commish has decided that there will be a redraft, only a new time must still be decided.Sorry for you guys that were there the first time, hopefully the new draft time will not interfere with any pre-arranged plans. That would suck. But I don't think resetting the draft order is really fair, just because of the way the whole thing went down in the last 4 hours before the draft. However, I wouldn't mind if the commish decided to give you guys the first waiver ranks to start the season though...FWIW, if this was a pool for only one season, I wouldn't really mind taking my auto-drafted team and try to get the most out of it. But not if we are really serious in carrying through with this as a keeper pool.

I understand the whole thing about wanting to find a way to accomodate everybody by taking polls and such, but the only way to run a pool is to have a single authority, the commish. I believe the commish has decided that there will be a redraft, only a new time must still be decided.
The commish also told us no redraft originally. That's why I think some sorft of decent compensation is needed, and first waiver rights to start the season just isn't going to cut it in this situation.
Sorry for you guys that were there the first time, hopefully the new draft time will not interfere with any pre-arranged plans. That would suck. But I don't think resetting the draft order is really fair, just because of the way the whole thing went down in the last 4 hours before the draft. However, I wouldn't mind if the commish decided to give you guys the first waiver ranks to start the season though...
Of course the person with the first overall pick isn't going to want to reorder the draft, but it's the least that can happen to fix this debacle.
FWIW, if this was a pool for only one season, I wouldn't really mind taking my auto-drafted team and try to get the most out of it. But not if we are really serious in carrying through with this as a keeper pool.
This is something I don't understand. A keeper league gives people the chance to fix mistakes from the rpevious season, so an autodraft is less harmful in this situation than in a one season league.
Of course the person with the first overall pick isn't going to want to reorder the draft, but it's the least that can happen to fix this debacle.
I had one of the last picks and I don't want a re-draft.
I had one of the last picks and I don't want a re-draft.
I don't want a redraft either. I'm just commenting that the person with the first overall pick doesn't like the idea that he might drop to 7th or worse if the people there the first time get the top draft spots.
The commish also told us no redraft originally. That's why I think some sorft of decent compensation is needed, and first waiver rights to start the season just isn't going to cut it in this situation.
I'm not sure why you think you deserve an edge over anyone else in this pool because others got screwed not being able to draft their team. OK you have to draft again, that bites, big deal. You don't agree that we should redraft, fine. But if the commish decides on a redraft, why should us guys that figured that the draft was rescheduled be put at a disadvantage ?
I was expecting this to come up, however my opinion has nothing to do with the fact that I have first overall pick. I'm not even sure I'm happy to have the first pick, given the fact that I don't pick again until the 28th pick and then I have to make back-to-back picks in 30 seconds every second round - that sucks when the three guys before you pick the players you planning to draft in that round. But my point is that if we start over, we start over. Changing the draft order because of guys wanting compensation just isn't a fair proposition imo.
This is something I don't understand. A keeper league gives people the chance to fix mistakes from the rpevious season, so an autodraft is less harmful in this situation than in a one season league.
I know my team is much weaker than any team that I would have drafted. I have no pitching, my first starter was picked in the 7th round. I will not be able to carry over a solid core of top-end talent. The ripple effect of this awful auto-drafted team would carry through many seasons...

This is going to be one argument that goes back and forth, so just wait for the decision. If there's no redraft, I hope that you will at least try and salvage a team, and if it doesn't work out big deal. There's always next year, there's always young stars that come out this year that you can grab if you are active enough. There's always a chance to make trades. You are not DEAD. So what if you didnt get a pitcher till the 7th round, I drafted, and I didnt WANT a pitcher until the 8th or 9th. Just because you didnt get a pitcher doesnt mean you are dead. I honestly think that even if you didnt get to draft there is still a good chance you can win this league. There is so much talent in baseball, and there are ALWAYS surprises.

This is going to be one argument that goes back and forth, so just wait for the decision. If there's no redraft, I hope that you will at least try and salvage a team, and if it doesn't work out big deal. There's always next year, there's always young stars that come out this year that you can grab if you are active enough. There's always a chance to make trades. You are not DEAD. So what if you didnt get a pitcher till the 7th round, I drafted, and I didnt WANT a pitcher until the 8th or 9th. Just because you didnt get a pitcher doesnt mean you are dead. I honestly think that even if you didnt get to draft there is still a good chance you can win this league. There is so much talent in baseball, and there are ALWAYS surprises.
I agree. There are always players on the waver wire that can help turn any team into a contender.
I agree. There are always players on the waver wire that can help turn any team into a contender.
Come on guys, I don't necessarily disagree, but if you were stuck with a stupid auto-drafted team in this kind of keeper pool, would you really want to go ahead for the long haul ? The top end talent is drafted, not picked up off the waiver wire. Your 11 keepers will kick the crap out of my 11 keepers, no contest.The competitive balanced is definitely screwed because of the number of guys that had no pre-rankings. You guys have stacked teams because of this. Why be so vocal in opposing a redraft ?Several guys said they'd quit the league if there was no redraft and I might end up following them if you need to round up to an even number of teams.Ira, can we get your input here ??? Teams are already all over the waiver wire, it might be nice to know which way this is going...
Come on guys, I don't necessarily disagree, but if you were stuck with a stupid auto-drafted team in this kind of keeper pool, would you really want to go ahead for the long haul ? The top end talent is drafted, not picked up off the waiver wire. Your 11 keepers will kick the crap out of my 11 keepers, no contest.
Ira has already proposed we reduce the numer of keepers for this season to get more talent back into the draft pool.I've looked at some of the auto draft teams and there's some good talent there. From what I can see, there's a chance to build any of these auto draft teams into legit contenders.
The competitive balanced is definitely screwed because of the number of guys that had no pre-rankings. You guys have stacked teams because of this. Why be so vocal in opposing a redraft ?
I'm opposed to a redraft because my second kid is due any day now and we're going to have our hands full here. I'll be able to set rosters for games, but I can't block out enough time to draft again.
Several guys said they'd quit the league if there was no redraft and I might end up following them if you need to round up to an even number of teams.
I can't do anything to stop people from leaving, but I would really like everyone to give the league a chance. I'm all for more competition.
Ira, can we get your input here ??? Teams are already all over the waiver wire, it might be nice to know which way this is going...
If you have a problem with people all over the wire, why don't you start getting who you need just in case we do go forward with the current teams. You can't blame others for you not trying to fix your team.
If you have a problem with people all over the wire, why don't you start getting who you need just in case we do go forward with the current teams. You can't blame others for you not trying to fix your team.
I will do just that...yup !Congrats to you and your wife for your upcoming kid...cheers !

I would like a re-draft. I know that is totally not the question you are asking but..... I mean the same question could be asked what team would not want a re-draft?Just kind of curious as to who was at the draft? What yahoo teams where there?

Bauers (i believe)3aMeBlue JaysHardwiredso ills...i believe that was it...i will make up my mind by thursday night, i just want to see how many people respond to this

Bauers (i believe)3aMeBlue JaysHardwiredso ills...i believe that was it...i will make up my mind by thursday night, i just want to see how many people respond to this
The only problem I have with redrafting is I know I won't be able to participate and I'm willing to bet that there will be others that can't make it as well no matter what time gets set. I know SilverSeven is starting to rebuild from the waiver wire, and there's no reason nobody else couldn't do the same.I would really like to find a way to go with what we have, if possible.
The only problem I have with redrafting is I know I won't be able to participate and I'm willing to bet that there will be others that can't make it as well no matter what time gets set. I know SilverSeven is starting to rebuild from the waiver wire, and there's no reason nobody else couldn't do the same.I would really like to find a way to go with what we have, if possible.
sounds good to me...considering the season starts in a week and a half you will be hard pressed to get another draft together beforehand