Dear Speedz

Is Angels and Demons better, like I've heard some folks say?
It's exactly the same. Not just similar, it is (almost) a chapter by chapter copy (or vice versa, I can't remember).
When I was younger, I read a Fantasy (me = lameoid) type novel by Weis and Hickman with a pair of brothers (one was a black wizard, and the other was a knight!), the first of which was named "Raistlin" I believe.
Only one?
  • Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i disagree with ouch 8s on angels and demons. i really enjoyed it and found it quite different then da vinci code. also noticed that freakonomics was on your list speedz and that book is really good. puts economics and a lot of social problems in a radical light

When I was younger, I read a Fantasy (me = lameoid) type novel by Weis and Hickman with a pair of brothers (one was a black wizard, and the other was a knight!), the first of which was named "Raistlin" I believe.Dear Speedz,I just want you to know how much your advice has meant to me. I've had some dark days, and you've helped through them. There's always sunshine behind the clouds!Heart,The Magnificent Shimmering Wang
Yes, I did indeed name my son after the Raistlin to which you are referring (me=lamoid). Ren, I would love to borrow your book. Thanks!Dear Speedz,What do you do when you have to go to work, but you have a bad cold?Nik
Raistlin just read Enders Game. He liked it alot. I should read it,too. The books in bold are ones I have in my house. Do you recommend Kitchen Confidential? I don't have cable so I haven't seen very many episodes of Bourdain's show, but what I have seen, I liked a lot. Also, I've read The DaVinci Code and I enjoyed it. Is Angels and Demons better, like I've heard some folks say?
Angels and Demons is decent, but really falls apart the last 1/4 of the book re: timeline.

Dear Speedz:I've had a cough for about six weeks now. Can't seem to shake it and, in fact, it's gotten worse the last couple days. In fact, i know get a 'tinny' or 'metalic' taste in my mouth when I cough, reminiscent of the taste of blood.Am I dying? Do I have the galloping consumption? Should I see a doctor.Hacking in Canada

Dear Speedz:I've had a cough for about six weeks now. Can't seem to shake it and, in fact, it's gotten worse the last couple days. In fact, i know get a 'tinny' or 'metalic' taste in my mouth when I cough, reminiscent of the taste of blood.Am I dying? Do I have the galloping consumption? Should I see a doctor.Hacking in Canada
Dear Jeff:I think it's bronchitis. You probably need to see a doctor and just get some antibiotics, and it will be gone after a week or so. At least that's what happened when I thought I had a "cold" for over a month.Or you have lung cancer and you're dying. I don't know, I'm not a doctor.Love, Theraflu
Dear Jeff:I think it's bronchitis. You probably need to see a doctor and just get some antibiotics, and it will be gone after a week or so. At least that's what happened when I thought I had a "cold" for over a month.Or you have lung cancer and you're dying. I don't know, I'm not a doctor.Love, Theraflu
I'm just hoping it's not walking pneumonia or something.

Dear Speedz,Is Indianapolis losing today in the Super Bowl going to make me feel better about my Pats blowing 5 opportunities to win the AFC Championship two weeks ago against said Colts?sincerely,Hoping in New England Dear Mr. England,Well, they are my Pats as well...and it turns out that nothing will make us feel better about that loss (especially Indy winning it all). I'm still pissed about the two incorrect interference calls (one against the Pats and one uncalled on the Colts) that cost us at least 4 points, probably 8.Also, Peyton Manning whines like a little bitch after every play that doesn't result in at least 10 yards.Sincerely,Speedz99Raistlin just read Enders Game. He liked it alot. I should read it,too. The books in bold are ones I have in my house. Do you recommend Kitchen Confidential? I don't have cable so I haven't seen very many episodes of Bourdain's show, but what I have seen, I liked a lot. Also, I've read The DaVinci Code and I enjoyed it. Is Angels and Demons better, like I've heard some folks say? I loved Kitchen Confidential...and his follow up book (A Cook's Tour) is worth reading as well. I thought that Angels and Demons was at least a fun read, and at most a fun read. Most of the time that's all I'm looking for, so I'd recommend it. It has a few of the same themes as The Da Vinci Code, but it's not the same book.Dear Speedz,#1 is a fabulous book. I just finished it. No fish on Sundays but eat the goddamned bread. Always remember that.Secondly, where can I pick up a copy of that second book? Amazon.com didn't have it when I did a standard search and the email that they sent me when I inquired said, "Speedz99 is not a legitimate author and we will have nothing to do with selling his trash."WTF is that all about?Lovingly yours,Me Dear Ms. Me,You have to have me ship it directly to your house. For an extra $3.50 I'll autograph it in jizz.Sincerely,Speedz99Dear Speedz,What do you do when you have to go to work, but you have a bad cold?Nik Dear Nik,I complain about it on the Internet most of the day, and then take a double dose of NyQuil that night. As I fall into a drug-induced coma I try to think really hard about nubile young men, in the hopes that my dreams will be ones of.......what was the question?Sincerely,Speedz99Dear Speedz,Is it true you produced this Super Bowl commercial and if so, what was your inspiration?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHkoZ7ngAM0Love,LeftyDear Mr. Lefty,I did not produce that commercial, but I did receive two text messages from homosocial friends immediately following its showing. Both messages involved needing to bring a few boxes of Snickers to our next college reunion.Sincerely,Speedz99Dear Speedz:I've had a cough for about six weeks now. Can't seem to shake it and, in fact, it's gotten worse the last couple days. In fact, i know get a 'tinny' or 'metalic' taste in my mouth when I cough, reminiscent of the taste of blood.Am I dying? Do I have the galloping consumption? Should I see a doctor.Hacking in Canada Dear Mr. Canada,See a doctor. I hear that's pretty easy to do in your country. Not that I'm jealous of your government or anything. Assholes.Sincerely,Speedz99

Dear Speedz,I just want you to know how much your advice has meant to me. I've had some dark days, and you've helped through them. There's always sunshine behind the clouds!Heart,The Magnificent Shimmering Wang
Dear Mr. Wang,I used to hate you. I think it was because I thought that you thought that you were better than me. You probably are, but that's beside the point. Then you started posting in the Sick thread, and I learned that I was only hating my brother. That's you. It turns out you're my brother.This speech was better in Remember the Titans. Sincerely,Speedz99

Re: Dan Brown.Both books are fun reads. But how can you say they aren't the same?Would you agree that Days of Thunder is basically the same movie as Top Gun (but with cars, not planes?). If so (and I don't see how you can't) how can you say that DaVinci Code and Angels and Demons (and, to a lesser extent, Digital Fortress) aren't the same books?Sure A&D deals with a Papal conspiracy, and running all over Europe while solving it, and treachery and unexpected familial twists, and DaVC deals with a Christian conspiracy, and running all over Europe while solving it, and treachery and unexpected familial twists. There's some serious differences there.... Go back and read the opening chapter, and the last chapter, of each book and tell me they aren't the same. I'd argue that DaVC is perhaps better written, but the two books could be written from the same plot outline.

Dear Mr. Wang,I used to hate you. I think it was because I thought that you thought that you were better than me. You probably are, but that's beside the point. Then you started posting in the Sick thread, and I learned that I was only hating my brother. That's you. It turns out you're my brother.This speech was better in Remember the Titans. Sincerely,Speedz99
I hope you didn't actually hate me. Actually, wait a second. I'm sure you probably did, because every single person I've ever met in my entire life who I have befriended has told me at some point, "You know, I used to really think you were a pretentious jerk." Something about the Wangman causes seething distaste upon first contact, even though I'm sure I'm better than nobody and make every effort to be affable, silly, and deferential. And, no, that speech was terrible in Remember the Titans, too.
Re: Dan Brown.Both books are fun reads. But how can you say they aren't the same?Would you agree that Days of Thunder is basically the same movie as Top Gun (but with cars, not planes?). If so (and I don't see how you can't) how can you say that DaVinci Code and Angels and Demons (and, to a lesser extent, Digital Fortress) aren't the same books?Sure A&D deals with a Papal conspiracy, and running all over Europe while solving it, and treachery and unexpected familial twists, and DaVC deals with a Christian conspiracy, and running all over Europe while solving it, and treachery and unexpected familial twists. There's some serious differences there.... Go back and read the opening chapter, and the last chapter, of each book and tell me they aren't the same. I'd argue that DaVC is perhaps better written, but the two books could be written from the same plot outline.
Isn't every story a spin of one that has already been told from the beginning of time? I thought this was common knowledge...
yada yada yada
I'm sorry, I wasn't listening. What did you say?
I hope you didn't actually hate me. Actually, wait a second. I'm sure you probably did, because every single person I've ever met in my entire life who I have befriended has told me at some point, "You know, I used to really think you were a pretentious jerk." Something about the Wangman causes seething distaste upon first contact, even though I'm sure I'm better than nobody and make every effort to be affable, silly, and deferential.
No, you don't understand. It was basically posting-envy. I can't fully explain why without e-fellating you, so just take my word for it when I say that I never disliked you as a person, just the fact that you were better than me.
Although I am pretty funny...
And, no, that speech was terrible in Remember the Titans, too.
Left side.
Isn't every story a spin of one that has already been told from the beginning of time? I thought this was common knowledge...
Yeah, but at least some authors try to hide it, change the structure, etc. Dan Brown has just written the same book over and over again, with nary a superficial makeover to be found.
Ohhhhh. Ok, I agree with you for the most part. They're still different enough to make it worth reading both if someone liked one of them.

Dear Speedz,Long time reader, first time writer! The other day I was pleasuring myself, and I realized that some of my pubic hairs are as straight as my other hair, while others are curly, in about a 3:2 ratio of curly to straight. Is this normal? Also, after I finish, and mess myself, I like to style it and name it in fashionable terms like "PubeHawk" or "BallCut" (like "bowl cut"! Haha! See what I did there?). I've taken a liking to several of them, and am tempted to walk around with my fly open to show it off. Is this normal?Sincerely,PubicInPublic

Raistlin just read Enders Game. He liked it alot. I should read it,too. The books in bold are ones I have in my house. Do you recommend Kitchen Confidential? I don't have cable so I haven't seen very many episodes of Bourdain's show, but what I have seen, I liked a lot. Also, I've read The DaVinci Code and I enjoyed it. Is Angels and Demons better, like I've heard some folks say?
Ender's Game was probably my favorite book I read in school.
Dear Speedz,Long time reader, first time writer! The other day I was pleasuring myself, and I realized that some of my pubic hairs are as straight as my other hair, while others are curly, in about a 3:2 ratio of curly to straight. Is this normal? Also, after I finish, and mess myself, I like to style it and name it in fashionable terms like "PubeHawk" or "BallCut" (like "bowl cut"! Haha! See what I did there?). I've taken a liking to several of them, and am tempted to walk around with my fly open to show it off. Is this normal?Sincerely,PubicInPublic
Dear Mr. Public,It is completely normal for some pubic hair to be straight. Usually the straight hairs are located more along the side of the crotchal region. I recommend trimming these straight hairs so they don't stick out any further than the curly ones. Save the trimmed hair, and use it to create a fake mustache on next Halloween. Dress normally, and when people ask what you are, say "PubeStache".I'm not sure I understand the logistics of "messing" yourself and then being able to show it off by walking around with your fly open. Does your semen just dribble down El Shafto and stick there? I'm going to go with...no, this is not normal.Sincerely,Speedz99
I'm not sure I understand the logistics of "messing" yourself and then being able to show it off by walking around with your fly open. Does your semen just dribble down El Shafto and stick there? I'm going to go with...no, this is not normal.
Pretty much, I lay down and jerk it at about a 60 degree angle towards my upper body. Occasionally, on days when I haven't enjoyed myself in some time, the ensuing load is a bit more than I anticipate, and gets on the crotchal area. Often I just clean it up, but one day while cleaning it I noticed that the spunk acts as an adhesive and can make pubic hair into funny patterns and "do's". I've since experimented.
Pretty much, I lay down and jerk it at about a 60 degree angle towards my upper body. Occasionally, on days when I haven't enjoyed myself in some time, the ensuing load is a bit more than I anticipate, and gets on the crotchal area. Often I just clean it up, but one day while cleaning it I noticed that the spunk acts as an adhesive and can make pubic hair into funny patterns and "do's". I've since experimented.
You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Dear Speedz,I met this chick at the bar last weekend.She was cute, I was witty - yada, yada, yada,We ended up back at my house & it was going really well until I asked if I could call her "Matt".Awkward hilarity ensued, followed shortly thereafter by blue balls.So what I'm trying to say is...I miss you.But not in a 'gay' way.Cause, you know,That'd be weird...