Dear Speedz

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Speedz:I am working for the first time in- I dunno, forever- tomorrow. I have to wear black slacks (check and sexy) and a white shirt (check and sexy). I just realized I don't have any appropriate shoes. All I have to wear at the moment is a pair of nike sneakers. Do I:Wear black socks and Nike Sneakers?Wear white socks and Nike Sneakers?Kill myself?Wear a pair of busted Timberlands?Thanks,Wang

Got quite a backlog of customers here speedz....19 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)18 Members: SuitedAces21, Jeepster80125, Shimmering Wang, beans-n-icewater, Bizzle, FCP info, RedBucketinfo2, JoeyJoJo, Ron Mexico, Jed Clampett, Jethro Bodine, Granny, Elly Mae, Cousin Perl, Milbern Drysdale, Jane Hathaway, Bessie the chimp, Duke

Dear Speedz,I had the Giant Pizza Rolls, they were ok. Sincerely,Blah.
Dear Mr. Blah,Of course they were only ok. They promoted these craptastic treats as being a big upgrade in terms of satisfying hunger. Well they are bigger, but you only get a few of them, so it's really a wash. The whole thing really grinds my gears.Sincerely,Speedz99
Dear Speedz,Would mixing crunchy peanut butter and marshmallow goop(that crap for hot chocolate) be a good combination?Sincerely,Inspired by the PB Thread.
Dear Mr. Thread,I don't know...I'm not a pregnant woman.Sincerely,Speedz99
Dear Speedz:I am working for the first time in- I dunno, forever- tomorrow. I have to wear black slacks (check and sexy) and a white shirt (check and sexy). I just realized I don't have any appropriate shoes. All I have to wear at the moment is a pair of nike sneakers. Do I:Wear black socks and Nike Sneakers?Wear white socks and Nike Sneakers?Kill myself?Wear a pair of busted Timberlands?Thanks,Wang
Dear Mr. Wang,With these choices you really need to go with black socks and nike sneakers. It depends on the type of job we're talking about, but that should work at least for the first day. If work doesn't start until after 9am I recommend heading to a DSW or other discount shoe place to get a cheap but appropriate shoe.Sincerely,Speedz99
Got quite a backlog of customers here speedz....
I guess I'm not the only one taking it easy tonight in preparation for a day-long party tomorrow. I already told my boss not to expect me to be awake and at the computer until 11:00 at the earliest. Luckily I pretended to be extremely swamped with work last week, so it was ok with her.
I guess I'm not the only one taking it easy tonight in preparation for a day-long party tomorrow.
I've gotta get down to the book early in the morning to place my bets..... I'll flip a coin on the game, but I'm puttin $50 on the streaker bet.Inside information
go on...
I'm still researching on that one.... gimme until the am for the sure thingI can tell you that without a doubt....the coin toss WILL be tails.... and the guy that calls it will say headsI'm placing a Ben on that one
Dear Speedz,What books are on your shelves?Nik
Dear Nik,This isn't really an advice question, but I'll take it anyways. My girlfriend and I have a shitload of books. It's a pretty strange mix. Here are the books I've read recently...Devil in the White City - Erik Larson - great book, still reading itThe Trouble With Physics - Lee Smolin - needed wikipedia almost every pageThe Best American Crime Writing 2006 - various authors - standard good readingDubliners - James Joyce - felt like I shouldHere is a random sampling of books, some of which are fairly well known and give a basic idea of what we have. Ender's Game - Orson Scott CardCenter Field is on Fire - Dave PhillipsThe Bad Popes - E.R. ChamberlinCloud Atlas - David MitchellRobinson Crusoe - Daviel DefoeMurder on the Orient Express - Agatha ChristieThe Chronicles of Narnia - C.S. LewisThe Camel Club - David BaldacciStiff - Mary RoachNeither Wolf not Dog - Kent NerburnAztec Blood - Gary JenningsTuesdays with Morrie - Mitch AlbomMarley and Me - John GroganAngels and Demons - Dan BrownKitchen Confidential - Anthony BourdainAll Creatures Great and Small - James HerriotFlowers for Algernon - Daniel KeyesThe Stand - Stephen KingIn the Shadow of Man - Jane GoodallThe Fountainhead - Ayn RandSmall Stakes Hold 'Em - SklanskyAtlantis Found - Clive CusslerNothing's Sacred - Lewis BlackThe Joys of Homosociality - Speedz99A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court - Mark TwainI can't Find The Far Side Anthology and it's really pissing me off...but I have it somewhere around here - Speedz99The Everything Travel Guide to Disney World - Jason RichThe Joy of CookingSteak Frites - Pierre-Yves ChupinFast Food Nation - Eric SchlosserGenome - Matt RidleyBest Food Writing 2003Freakonomics - Steven LevittThe Indian in the Cupboard - Lynn Reid Banks ...and so on. Sincerely,Speedz99
Ender's Game - Orson Scott CardTuesdays with Morrie - Mitch AlbomMarley and Me - John GroganKitchen Confidential - Anthony BourdainIn the Shadow of Man - Jane GoodallThe Joy of CookingBest Food Writing 2003
First off, I'd just like to note that I love Ender's Game, even though a dirty Mormon wrote it. Ender is one of my favorite characters of all time.Secondly, based on the second grouping of books, you and your girlfriend are faggots. Wang
First off, I'd just like to note that I love Ender's Game, even though a dirty Mormon wrote it. Ender is one of my favorite characters of all time.Secondly, based on the second grouping of books, you and your girlfriend are faggots. Wang
Tuesdays with Morrie - Hey, at least it's by a sports writer. Full disclosure: my girlfriend called me a fag for owning this book.Marley and Me - I love this book...kiss my ass. You choose this but not All Creatures Great and Small?Kitchen Confidential - This is a short, fun read. I don't see how anyone could dislike this book. In the Shadow of Man - I don't like this book.The Joy of Cooking - Everyone should have this book. Fuck foodnetwork.com, this book has everything you need. Ok, I still love foodnetwork.com.Best Food Writing 2003 - What, do you hate food or something?edit: Oh, and I like Ender's Shadow almost as much.
Tuesdays with Morrie - Hey, at least it's by a sports writer. Full disclosure: my girlfriend called me a fag for owning this book.Marley and Me - I love this book...kiss my ass. You choose this but not All Creatures Great and Small?Kitchen Confidential - This is a short, fun read. I don't see how anyone could dislike this book. In the Shadow of Man - I don't like this book.The Joy of Cooking - Everyone should have this book. Fuck foodnetwork.com, this book has everything you need. Ok, I still love foodnetwork.com.Best Food Writing 2003 - What, do you hate food or something?edit: Oh, and I like Ender's Shadow almost as much.
Cooking is for gays. Except maybe Bobby Flay, who will fuck you up. Small and/or cute animals are for gays. Except for Watership Down, which ain't nothin' to fuck wit'. I'm SeriousBizzleCat.As far as Ender's Shadow goes, I have to agree. I've read everything Orson Scott card's written, apart from a few short stories, and I thought he did a really good job with Bean's character. The scenes in Ender's Game where Ender ruthlessly fucks a bitch up still give me chills. Wang
Dear Speedz,Have you ever read Raymond Carver? If so, what are your impressions?Sincerely,Curious Bookworm
Dear Speedz,Do you ever read Raymond Carver?Sincerely,Curious Bookworm
Dear Mr. Bookworm,I haven't...do you have any specific recommendations? I'm not a big poetry guy, but I have a short attention span so I love me some short stories.I just looked up his wikipedia page, and I have to say I'm impressed. Great sideburns on that guy.Sincerely,Speedz99
Dear Mr. Bookworm,I haven't...do you have any specific recommendations? I'm not a big poetry guy, but I have a short attention span so I love me some short stories.I just looked up his wikipedia page, and I have to say I'm impressed. Great sideburns on that guy.Sincerely,Speedz99
Dear Speedz,I would definitely recommend the book Fires. It has three essays he wrote on his life, and then a book of poetry and a book of short stories. All in one. One of my favorite books. Sincerely,Curious Bookwormps.edit.rebuy. * Will You Please Be Quiet, Please? (first published 1976) * What We Talk About When We Talk About Love (1981) * Cathedral (1983) * Where I'm Calling From (1988) Those are all short story collections that are great.
Dear Nik,This isn't really an advice question, but I'll take it anyways. My girlfriend and I have a shitload of books. It's a pretty strange mix. Here are the books I've read recently...Devil in the White City - Erik Larson - great book, still reading itThe Trouble With Physics - Lee Smolin - needed wikipedia almost every pageThe Best American Crime Writing 2006 - various authors - standard good readingDubliners - James Joyce - felt like I shouldHere is a random sampling of books, some of which are fairly well known and give a basic idea of what we have. Ender's Game - Orson Scott CardCenter Field is on Fire - Dave PhillipsThe Bad Popes - E.R. ChamberlinCloud Atlas - David MitchellRobinson Crusoe - Daviel DefoeMurder on the Orient Express - Agatha ChristieThe Chronicles of Narnia - C.S. LewisThe Camel Club - David BaldacciStiff - Mary RoachNeither Wolf not Dog - Kent NerburnAztec Blood - Gary JenningsTuesdays with Morrie - Mitch AlbomMarley and Me - John GroganAngels and Demons - Dan BrownKitchen Confidential - Anthony BourdainAll Creatures Great and Small - James HerriotFlowers for Algernon - Daniel KeyesThe Stand - Stephen KingIn the Shadow of Man - Jane GoodallThe Fountainhead - Ayn RandSmall Stakes Hold 'Em - SklanskyAtlantis Found - Clive CusslerNothing's Sacred - Lewis BlackThe Joys of Homosociality - Speedz99A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court - Mark TwainI can't Find The Far Side Anthology and it's really pissing me off...but I have it somewhere around here - Speedz99The Everything Travel Guide to Disney World - Jason RichThe Joy of CookingSteak Frites - Pierre-Yves ChupinFast Food Nation - Eric SchlosserGenome - Matt RidleyBest Food Writing 2003Freakonomics - Steven LevittThe Indian in the Cupboard - Lynn Reid Banks ...and so on. Sincerely,Speedz99
I can't believe you're published. Or did you just print out a MS Publisher file and bind it with AssHair and Smegma?
First off, I'd just like to note that I love Ender's Game, even though a dirty Mormon wrote it. Ender is one of my favorite characters of all time.Wang
Wow, one of the few books I've ever read, and I loved it too. I think that's the only thing I have in common with you Wang.I totally forgot to read Ender's shadow... I'm giong to reread Ender's Game, then go to the library next week.
Wow, one of the few books I've ever read, and I loved it too. I think that's the only thing I have in common with you Wang.I totally forgot to read Ender's shadow... I'm giong to reread Ender's Game, then go to the library next week.
Don't bother, like almost everything else Card has written, it's terrible. Ender's Game was fantastic though.

Dear Speedz,Is Indianapolis losing today in the Super Bowl going to make me feel better about my Pats blowing 5 opportunities to win the AFC Championship two weeks ago against said Colts?sincerely,Hoping in New England

Raistlin just read Enders Game. He liked it alot. I should read it,too. The books in bold are ones I have in my house. Do you recommend Kitchen Confidential? I don't have cable so I haven't seen very many episodes of Bourdain's show, but what I have seen, I liked a lot. Also, I've read The DaVinci Code and I enjoyed it. Is Angels and Demons better, like I've heard some folks say?
Kitchen Confidential - Anthony BourdainThe Joys of Homosociality - Speedz99
Dear Speedz,#1 is a fabulous book. I just finished it. No fish on Sundays but eat the goddamned bread. Always remember that.Secondly, where can I pick up a copy of that second book? Amazon.com didn't have it when I did a standard search and the email that they sent me when I inquired said, "Speedz99 is not a legitimate author and we will have nothing to do with selling his trash."WTF is that all about?Lovingly yours,Me
Raistlin just read Enders Game. He liked it alot. I should read it,too. The books in bold are ones I have in my house. Do you recommend Kitchen Confidential? I don't have cable so I haven't seen very many episodes of Bourdain's show, but what I have seen, I liked a lot. Also, I've read The DaVinci Code and I enjoyed it. Is Angels and Demons better, like I've heard some folks say?
No Reservations is easily the best culinary/travel show being made today. Hands down. Kitchen Confidential is a great read. It's easy to get through and highly entertaining. I'll bring it to Tdot in March if you wanna borrow it.
When I was younger, I read a Fantasy (me = lameoid) type novel by Weis and Hickman with a pair of brothers (one was a black wizard, and the other was a knight!), the first of which was named "Raistlin" I believe.Dear Speedz,I just want you to know how much your advice has meant to me. I've had some dark days, and you've helped through them. There's always sunshine behind the clouds!Heart,The Magnificent Shimmering Wang