Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

That anthem singer wasn't. I totally blame the game on her.
I watched video of that...it was pretty funny watching Karlsson and Anderson visibly trying not to laugh out loud towards the end of the CNA.
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Ok, Pens back to being awesome after a little mis-step last night.Staal, Kunitz, Dupuis each score their 23rd of the season.Crosby and Malkin with a goal and an assist each.Pens still going to get 1st in the East.

That's insane because it's the same two d-men in the same position each time. Wish Crosby would have taken it to the net harder in the first one though, he had amble room to turn it to his backhand on a deke.

Pen's broadcast just said that this season no one has had a longer scoring streak that Pascal Dupius has currently in the NHL. (12 games...tying Tavares and i don't remember who else) If they are right (wouldn't be shocked if not) that's pretty impressive Duper.edit: Zach beat me to it in the Random Thread.The pens better get their shit together in the 3rd and Fleury probably should quit diving out at guys on breakaways.

Eric Staal is the other one. Beat you to it in the Random thread. :club:
yeah well I beat you to saying you beat me to it. :)The pens suck all of a sudden now. I know they have to lose sometime but I just feel like they've been totally outclassed in 3 of their last 4 games. Malkin hits 100 now though.
Team defense has been brutal. Missing Letang is really brutal. Oh well, Pens/Philly first round pretty likely now.
Yep...who will have home ice though?
Well, they play twice more down the stretch, so it'll obviously depend on those games. This Sunday, then the last day of the season, next weekend.
Yes...both in Pittsburgh. Probably will factor into the seeding just a tad. #understatement

Did anyone see that awesome Pens-Flyers game yesterday? Cause I didnt.But man, was that ever a sweet Whalers jersey that kid was wearing in row 2, behind Hulk Hogan. Why was the Hulkster so mad at Hartnell anyway?

Hulkster is a regular at Pens games. It's Malkamania! He's some old dude named Cy battling cancer, who just happens to look like Hulk, so he ran with it. Seems like a cool dude. He tends to taunt the other team, but just has fun with it. I'm sure he loved Hartnell giving it back to him. Good times.The end of that game was awesome.Laviolette is a complete tool though. He was upset the Penguins put their 4th line on the ice with 90 seconds left in a 6-3 game? He put Zac Rinaldo on the ice FIRST! He's an idiot for having Briere out there at all. Also, so what, you're not allowed to hit CLEANLY in the last 2 minutes now? I mean, pretty standard here for the Pens to want to by physical, considering they play in less than a week, and almost certainly again in the 1st round of the playoffs.Laviolette just expected the Pens to play Crosby and Malkin so the Flyers could land more cheap shots like the one Schenn laid on Crosby?I just don't get it.So, clean hit, scrum, ok, standard. Then Laviolette grabs Talbot's stick and breaks it over the glass, and the blade ended up flying into the Pens bench. Lavy wanted to go after Bylsma and Granato basically told him to go to tell. Go through me to get to my head coach. Hahahahaha. So boss.Also, like, it's not like the Pens had out a goon line. It was Vitale, Adams, Asham, Niskanen, and Engellend. Sure, Engo is a scrapper, but he's not a cheap player, he's not going to just attack a player unprovoked, no matter what the score is. Asham is a middle-weight. Adams and Vitale can fight, but they aren't regulars. And nobody on that line is dirty.No idea why Laviollete flipped his lid. Complete mess.

The Pens have been a completely brutal team the last 5 games or so, btw. Way too sloppy, way too many attempts to be fancy, and waaaaaaaay way way too porous defensively. Completely unacceptable, and a good way to get smoked in the 1st round.

Laviolette is a complete tool though. He was upset the Penguins put their 4th line on the ice with 90 seconds left in a 6-3 game? He put Zac Rinaldo on the ice FIRST! He's an idiot for having Briere out there at all. Also, so what, you're not allowed to hit CLEANLY in the last 2 minutes now? I mean, pretty standard here for the Pens to want to by physical, considering they play in less than a week, and almost certainly again in the 1st round of the playoffs.
Yeah, if you put your 250 PIM guy on the ice when you're getting blown out and it's been chippy, you don't get to bitch when Bylsma isn't stupid enough to put anyone he badly needs in the playoffs out there to take the brunt of what's coming. That's going to be a fun 1st round matchup to watch, that's all I know.