Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

Crosby cleared for contact, says he can return in days if he doesn't have a setback.
God, I would love for him to come back for a playoff run. I mean, I would have rathered him come back earlier to help them win the division and my bet, but I'll take what I can get.
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Crosby cleared for contact, says he can return in days if he doesn't have a setback.
like, 450 of them? Or like 3-4?Im just bitter because my head to head ends this week, and I wont get a chance to use him. Would have been nice to have him in the finals.(took Crosby ahead of Malkin, regretted it all year long since the instant I did it)But, as a hockey fan, hope he is back for good now.

Malkin needs a nice little 4 or 5 point game tonight. He was supposed to be running away with the scoring title and MVP award by now!(on the other hand, teams focusing all on him has let the rest of this team step up and start scoring, and that's a very very good thing for the Pens)

Malkin needs a nice little 4 or 5 point game tonight. He was supposed to be running away with the scoring title and MVP award by now!
Im sorry, thats my fault. You may recall a text from me saying Im thinking of trading for Malkin in my pool. Turns out, I have the power to turn the Sedins and Malkin into fourth liners once I put them in my lineup.
Maybe try trading for Stamkos?
Unfortunately, deadline has passed. I was only able to get Datysuk, Toews, Sedin, Malkin the last few weeks. The guy chasing me in 2nd doesnt have much of a team though....hes got guys like Downie, R.O'Reilly, Gagner, RMalone.....obv my guys are MUCH better. (They just refuse to prove it) :)ps- for those not catching on, Downie has more pts than Dats+Toews+Sedin combined the last 3 weeks probably.

My buddy works at a hotel where a handful of visiting teams stay. The night desk guy told him the Panthers got in at like 1 last night from Philly. A few guys took their stuff to their room then came down and asked him where they could get a beer close. Kevin Dineen came around the cornet and told them to get to their rooms. They were supposed to have the morning off but he just set up a 10:30am practice at CEC.Then, the coaching staff went to the bar to have some beers. :club:

Things are getting interesting for the first time in a while in the race for the Atlantic division and Eastern conference titles. The Pend have pulled to within 4 points of the Rangers, although the Rags have a game in hand. It's interesting because these teams play each other twice more, including this upcoming Thursday. If the Pens can win both in regulation, I would bet they win the East.

Things are getting interesting for the first time in a while in the race for the Atlantic division and Eastern conference titles. The Pend have pulled to within 4 points of the Rangers, although the Rags have a game in hand. It's interesting because these teams play each other twice more, including this upcoming Thursday. If the Pens can win both in regulation, I would bet they win the East.
Rags lost tonight but they have the tiebreaker with 39 vs 32 wins in regulation or OT. So that game in hand is out the window. Should be an interesting last 15 games.

If those odds were real a couple of weeks ago and noone took my advice on betting against the Rags for conference title, you only have yourself to blame.I am a man that would say "I told you so" I told you so

I don't know what odds anyone is talking about (I can only ever find odds for winning the East in the playoffs), but Rags are still a HUGE favorite here.Sports Club Stats gives them an 80% chance of finishing 1st, and an 5% chance of finishing 2nd. That means they lose the division in only 15% of possible run-outs.

Likewise, SCS only gives the Pens as 12% shot at winning the division, 10% of winning the conference.These stats are determined by running out the remaining schedule in as many ways as possible, weighting for strength of opponents. They have a 50/50 option for weighting (ie each game is a pure coin flip), but this tends to be more indicative of the actual chances..

Likewise, SCS only gives the Pens as 12% shot at winning the division, 10% of winning the conference.These stats are determined by running out the remaining schedule in as many ways as possible, weighting for strength of opponents. They have a 50/50 option for weighting (ie each game is a pure coin flip), but this tends to be more indicative of the actual chances..
With two head to heads to go. With the way each team is playing right now and with 87 coming back, id be jumping at those odds