Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

No, the Rags have the game in hand AND the tiebreaker. Moot if the Pens just have more points, though.
What do you mean by games in hand? They have both played 67 games.
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

If those odds were real a couple of weeks ago and noone took my advice on betting against the Rags for conference title, you only have yourself to blame.I am a man that would say "I told you so" I told you so
wooot. it's not a lot of money, but i bet on the Pens to win the division at 15/1 and 19/1 a few weeks back. Interestingly, when the Pens were 19/1 to win the division (regular season only), they were only 10/1 to win the conference (after the playoffs).They've got 4 points to make up, so they're definitely still 'dogs at this point, but probably more like 5/1, imo.

Wow, Pens are gonna be stacked tonight for the first time in ages.Crosby, Letang, Malkin all returning to the lineup tonight.Plus, looks like Lundqvist is out again with the flu. Good situation for the Pens, as this is a must win if they want to win the East.

Wow, Pens are gonna be stacked tonight for the first time in ages.Crosby, Letang, Malkin all returning to the lineup tonight.Plus, looks like Lundqvist is out again with the flu. Good situation for the Pens, as this is a must win if they want to win the East.
gahhh, i was so happy to see them down to the Islanders the other night. Can't believe they came back. Hope the Pens take the right approach to this game, considering how tough the Rangers are at home.

Big time regulation win for the Pens.4 back of the Rangers, with a game in hand, and one more at home vs NYR.The Rangers hold the tie breaker at this point, however, because of more regulation/OT wins.

They gave Sid another assist on the Pens last goal. I don't really understand how.He won the faceoff back to Letang. Letang moved it to Martin, who shot. Blocked right to Letang who shot it, and Dupuis banged home a rebound.The only scenario that works here is if Crosby tipped the Letang shot before it got to the net. That HAS to be what happened. Hard to tell from the replay on NHL.com, but he does put his stick out to tip it in the high slot, and it does explain why there was such an awful rebound on a relatively harmless shot.

They gave Sid another assist on the Pens last goal. I don't really understand how.He won the faceoff back to Letang. Letang moved it to Martin, who shot. Blocked right to Letang who shot it, and Dupuis banged home a rebound.The only scenario that works here is if Crosby tipped the Letang shot before it got to the net. That HAS to be what happened. Hard to tell from the replay on NHL.com, but he does put his stick out to tip it in the high slot, and it does explain why there was such an awful rebound on a relatively harmless shot.
He did BARELY tip it. The behind net replay during the game showed it. In Bylsma's post game interview, he said he did tip it and figured they would change the scoring on that goal.
lol hockey assists
Well, to be completely honest, it's probably not a goal if he doesn't tip it. If it's just a straight, mediocre-strength wrister from the blue line with no net-front traffic, Biron probably doesn't even give up a rebound.

Dominant effort today and Bylsma was able distribute the ice time pretty well. Hopefully that'll help Crosby (15:19) and Malkin (16:55) (no fwd was over 18) have plenty in the tank for tomorrow. Compare that to Giroux (27:15), Jagr (21:40), and Hartnell (23:23). I'd expect to see Bryz and MAF both play back to back games this weekend as well.

Rangers lost in regulation, so tomorrow is our chance to tie them. It's our game in hand, basically. We'll just need to beat them the next time we play them, and have the same record otherwise.

Did you steal that ice time thing from a tweet I made? :club:
haha, I probably saw it but didn't remember you tweeted it. Sorry I didn't give you credit but I did take it quite a bit further adding the flyers ice times.