Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

538385_10151374300298765_533098378_n.jpg
After the Penguins won their second Cup in '92, the organization got the players jackets as a gift. Jim Paek wore his to the alumni reception last night…"It was in the closet and I had to pull it out. Right out of the plastic wrapper...I think it brought back a lot of memories for the guys. It was, for lack of a better word, tacky at the time. But it’s a great memory and a great piece to have to pass onto your kids and things like that, to show that their dad really played”
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

sw50sw8sw578.gif

They went with that logo after the cup wins and didnt win another one till they abandoned it and went back.

oops actually...f.gif

• 4 months later...

Lol Letang.

So what's the lineup going to look like for opening day?

Neal - Malkin - Tangradi

Dupius - Crosby - Kunitz

Kennedy - Sutter - Cooke

Adam - Vitale - Glass

Letang - Orpik

Martin - Niskanen

Engelland - Lovejoy

(created mostly from yahoo depth chart but with a couple changes) http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/pit/depthchart

Do they use one of their buyouts on Martin, opening up a spot for one of their many defensive prospects? (Despres, Morrow, Strait, etc?)

Do any other teams buy out someone the pens might be interested in bringing in? They are 4 million under the new cap.

****, I keep forgetting we traded Staal.

Ummm... Heard Bennett has been far and away the best player in WBS, maybe he gets a shot over Tangradi. I'm ok either way.

Despres could make it. Dunno. Trades and junk could happen. Still some UFAs out there too.

• 2 weeks later...

I havent done this in a while, and i hope its not look at as trolling but something fun that we all missed for months and months.

PENGUINS SUCK, LEAFS are gonna take you down on tomorrow.

:)

Love you guys

Should be a fun one...The Leafs and Penguins always have great games...8 of the last 10 meetings have been one goal games.

4 OT games

Zach Boychuk to Penguins. Can Crosby save this guy? Hope so.

Bylsma went on record saying he thinks Boychuk is a fit on the Malkin/Neal line. If there was ever a chance for a career turnaround, that's it.

I dont know if he is going to pan out, but it will be very interesting to watch for me. Ironically, I picked him up in one of my pools last night because I figured any change might do this guy some good. Didnt see Pittsburgh coming though!

I still havent been able to figure out the "thing" that allows some small/thin guys to flourish while others are easily pushed around. With Boychuk, it always seemed like a kid playing against grown ups, quickly pushed off the puck, and always turning it over. I question his strength and endurance, and maybe even his heart.

His lack of desire before is what makes me think maybe he'll realize first rounder or not, he has to fight through and try harder if he wants to have an NHL career now that he has become waiver wire fodder.

I honestly dont know if he will become a .75ppg player or a career AHL all-star. Too young to write off, so Ill bet on the positive. Wish it could have worked out in Carolina though.

I like it. They need a fit on the Malkin/Neal line. (I originally said something about the Crosby line on FCHL, not sure why) They've been trying Kennedy, Jeffrey, Tangradi, and none are fit for that line. Solid enough players, just not there. They've had Tanner Glass on that line far too often throughout games. I hope they give him a look there. They really have to, they can't send him down. They have a couple weeks until Niskanen is able to come off of the IR and they'll have to make a decision.

I hope he does well. I always pictured a Zach on the Neal/Malkin wing.

Looks like Loktionov is the new 2nd line center in New Jersey. Love seeing him get traded out of LA's system where there's no room for him. Nothing but opportunity to shine in NJ.

Looks like Loktionov is the new 2nd line center in New Jersey. Love seeing him get traded out of LA's system where there's no room for him. Nothing but opportunity to shine in NJ.

I don't see how he's #2 centre with Zajac, Henrique, Gionta and Josefsson already there.