Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

Btw, Pens fans are idiots too. A few years ago, Subban cut Staal's foot with his blade and the idiots that are a part of my team's fanbase loudly proclaimed that Subban did it on purpose. They were also wrong.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

I mean like, if this is Tyler Kennedy on Andre Benoit, are we having this conversation?

are you being ignorant on purpose? I know your trying to make a point, but its fckin Matt Cooke. Reputation matters, even if the last 2yrs hes been Mother Theresa.

I didnt watch the play, but your saying "4 swings at head" doesnt happen often during a game?

I guess were all gonna be watching guys go into the corners now, and see how high someone raises their leg, if at all.

That was kinda my point about how malicious Cooke's play was, IMO.

Doesn't happen every play Arp, but just guys going into the boards... I mean, it's a nothing play, bet you don't notice it if you don't look for it. Guys are trying to gain leverage, put weight on their strong side, etc. Happens all the time. To be honest, I'm surprised more guys don't get cut like this, or any other way by the razor blades out there. They were talking about it on the Marek vs Wyshynski podcast just a few days ago, as their Q of the Day was 'what are you surprised about that doesn't happen more in hockey?' or whatever along those lines.

are you being ignorant on purpose? I know your trying to make a point, but its fckin Matt Cooke. Reputation matters, even if the last 2yrs hes been Mother Theresa.

Hardly ignorant.

Matt Cooke doesn't have a history of using his skates as weapons.

Must have been, was just above the back of the skate.. kinda went in between the skate and the ankle. Some guys tuck the back of their skates into their socks and tape it... wonder if that would have made a difference, or if players do that with safety in mind, or if it's just a comfort thing. I do that, but have no idea why.

Hardly ignorant.

Matt Cooke doesn't have a history of using his skates as weapons.

Your point of if this wasn't Cooke, we wouldn't be talking about, makes little sense to me.

Its talked about precisely because its Matt Cooke, because its not a play that can be accepted as 100% accidental.

Can you honestly say, with 100% certainty, that he wasn't aware his skate/leg was in that area? There is a difference between he tried to cut the player, and he tried to raise his leg and push Karllson's leg with his skate.

Personally, Im 80% certain Cooke didnt mean to do anything. But I also think your being a little naive in assuming no way, no how did Cooke mean any malice at all.

And I don't get how you don't get what I'm getting at. Get it? (what?)

I'm just saying, if a freak accident like this occurs with anyone else, it's not blown out of proportion like this, and people aren't racing to vilify anyone, IMO. I mean, I get your point of it being Cooke, so we should question it, but that's ridiculous in this instance, IMO.

And I don't get how you don't get what I'm getting at. Get it? (what?)

I'm just saying, if a freak accident like this occurs with anyone else, it's not blown out of proportion like this, and people aren't racing to vilify anyone, IMO.

I mean, I get your point of it being Cooke, so we should question it, but that's ridiculous in this instance, IMO.

your last line...I understood and agreed and then you confused me with "thats ridiculous in this instance".

I guess your telling me this is a 100% accident, and I'm disagreeing with you. Your telling me that whoever did this, its definetly an accident.

I'm saying, I disagree that its that cut and dried,

Im not saying he went after the achilles specifically, Im just saying I have a shred of doubt about what he actually had intent to do.

"Have now seen all the replays everyone at home gets to see. Changed my mind after I saw backside camera. This was not an accident."

"It was one of two things. Either intentional or exceptionally reckless. Either way Cooke has taken out the best defenceman in the game."

Either option doesn't make it better/excusable.

"Have now seen all the replays everyone at home gets to see. Changed my mind after I saw backside camera. This was not an accident."

"It was one of two things. Either intentional or exceptionally reckless. Either way Cooke has taken out the best defenceman in the game."

Either option doesn't make it better/excusable.

who said that?

Look, I'm not taking anything at face value coming from the Sens organization right now. They are upset, and they have every right to be about losing their best player, but I wouldn't expect calm, collected, rational responses right now, no matter how classy or professional someone is.

Justin@jtbourne

Chris Neil should be fined for his flat violence on a non-engaging player who did nothing wrong in the first place.

So looking at that I don't see "Neil took like 4 swings at Cooke's head.". I see a couple of cross checks and some sucker punches. You tried to make it sound like Neil went all Bertuzzi on him...

Seth Rorabaugh@emptynetters

Alfredsson: "I saw it quick. I don’t know if its intent to injure. I don’t know why you would hit somebody like that in that situation."

- Yeah, don't know why a player would want to put the body on the best player on the opposing team against the boards when the puck is there either.

So looking at that I don't see "Neil took like 4 swings at Cooke's head.". I see a couple of cross checks and some sucker punches. You tried to make it sound like Neil went all Bertuzzi on him...

Na, didn't mean it like that. It wasn't that bad, obviously, but that was kinda my roundabout point, in that even that had much more malicious intent than the Karlsson play did.

damn I enjoyed watching that. Was there any more on Cooke?

I wish they had gone after Crosby.

Akim Aliu@Dreamer_Aliu78

Really feel for Ottawa's Karlsson.. Had the same injury, the exact same way ... Exciting young player! #speedyrecovery

Wonder if the player that did this to Aliu got lambasted on the internet. Things like this happen, unfortunately, in a high speed, physical game played with knives on your feet. It sucks, but it does.