Canadian Politics Is Quite A Joke

ok ~ as a person who is Citizen of Canada and the United state's (living in aus) i can say each great country has alot going for them selfs.And guess what Daniel pays tax's(10 time s what you pay i am sure) in the USA witch allows him to ***** all he wants ` hell for all you know he now has a citizenship .so go troll elsewhere'soh and paul martin did a great job for the lib gov and the country is in much better fiscal shape then the U.S is in.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

first of all canada does not have a constitution its called the "Charter of rights"something a citizen of the U.S nowlonger has because of the PATRIOT ACT.2nd the lib Gov did get rid for the GST in some parts of canada (eastern canada ) they now have the HST but then again you would know this if you talk out of your mouth not your AZZ.also the Lib goverment was not corrupt it was a few NON elected people that caused the AD scam.however its not like George W Bush has not done things 10 times worse has he ? we also could go into corrupt house and Sen "ELECTED" offical's that have corruption charges pending or emails to 16 year old's.yes sir you just got PWNED

Well, they have online poker. But then again, they do not wear breeches.
People like you are dangerous--you think you know what the fuck you're talking about, when you're painfully, sadly, stupid.
Hi. Excuse me? Did you not like my little Montaigne allusion. I thought it was quite clever.

Canadian are notoriously stupid, it's true. They say really dumb things all the time. My mom, who is Canadian, thought that Mount Rushmore was a naturally occurring phenomenon. True story. I have a friend who is Canadian, and he can't for the life of him figure out the Feynman rules for even a simple field theory. I had this professor (again, canadian..lol, so stupid) who still doesn't know how consciousness can emerge from material objects.

2nd the lib Gov did get rid for the GST in some parts of canada (eastern canada ) they now have the HST but then again you would know this if you talk out of your mouth not your AZZ.
You're serious right?? :club::D The HST is a blended tax. 14%.6% of it is the Federal portion (the Gst portion - 6% like the GST in the rest of Canada), and 8% is the Provincial portion. They didn't "get rid" of the GST. They just combined it with the provincial sales tax to create one tax.Yep, someone's azz is talkin, for sure.
also the Lib goverment was not corrupt it was a few NON elected people that caused the AD scam.
Bwahahahahahahahahahaaha. Stunned speechless by this one. Just wow.
lol...i do like the flames though, i'm from toronto so i can like both oilers and flames...works well cause i hate the esks and stamps (they got beat up good tongiht)
You are right. You have freedom of speech and the free will to say moronic things. If you don't like Bush so be it, but you are such a self loathing citizen that you can't own up to being an American while abroad. That is your choice but it is pathetic.

last time I checked, we didn't re-elect officials, specifically our head of state, who continuously demonstrates what constitutes a severe intelligence deficiency. I wonder how that reflects on the country who elected him? Just remind me again why you guys invaded Iraq? WMD's right? How's the search for those going by the way?

if you have an overnight houseguest, would you appreciate it if all they did was tell you how you run your household wrong? Espcially if their household was screwed up too?
I am not an american, but I have lived here for over 15 yrs, I have paid taxes for that same period, I am not freerolling or visiting, I think I have a right to a point of view, you dont have to like it and I dont care. DN is also living here (not an overnight guest) he also has the right to express his views, you dont have to like them, I dont care.I guess bottom line is if you dont like other voicing there opinions just because you disagree with them, then I think YOU are living in the wrong country.Oh and before you get on the "if you dont like it move" rant, I will point out that if everybody took that advice then about half the country would move every four years or so, its a stupid argument made by stupid people.

Since we're quoting Arrogant Worms songs,Just for Allie. I hate the skydome and the CN Tower too I hate Nathan Phillips Square and the Ontario Zoo The rents too high, the airs unclean The beaches are dirty and the people are mean And the women are big and the men are dumb And the children are loopy cuz they live in a slum The water is polluted and the mayor's a dork They dress real bad and they think they're New York In Toronto, Ontario "You know, actually I think I hate all of Ontario" I hate Thunder Bay and Ottawa Kitchener, Windsor, and Oshawa London sucks and the Great Lakes suck And Sarnia sucks and Turkey Point Sucks I took a trip to ONtario to visit Brian Mulrooney He beat me up and he stole my pants and he put me in a tree I went to see the Maple Leafs and got hit in the head with a puck "I don't even know how they did it, I was playing the orgon at the time!" Ontariio Sucks "actually, now tha I really think about it, I think I pretty much hate every gosh darn province and territory in our country!Except Alberta, yeah I love Alberta, lots of cows, trees, rocks, dirt" I hate Newfoundland cuz they talk so weird And Prince Edward Island is too small Nova Scotia's dumb cuz its the name of a bank New Brunswick doesn't have a good mall Quebec is revolting and it makes me mad Ontario sucks, Ontario sucks, "Manitoba's population density is 1.9 people per square kilometer. NOw isn't that stupid!?" Saskatchewan is boring and the people are old And as for the territories, they're too cold! And the only really good thing about the province of British Columbia is that its right next to us!" Cuz Alberta doesn't suck But Calgary does

That's exactly the attitude that makes everyone hate us. Well that and the fact that we do whatever the hell we want and have military stationed in tons of different countries. A little humility never hurt anyone.
um, I think you missed it earlier.USA > Canadathat should clear things up
The fact that you just said "PWNED" made everything you said useless.
no no, it was useless even without it
The leader of the Canadian government is appointed by the queen of England, through the governor general (appointed by the queen). And U.S. politics is a joke?...By complaining about something in the U.S., it justifies their national identity of “we are not Americans”, even though so many of them come to the U.S. to make a living, like DN.
Woah...what a strange way to introduce yourself to the forum if you are indeed new. Slow down cowboy.Firstly, although the queen and governor general technically how the power of appointment and veto it is not the case in modern practice. The queen strictly acts as a figurehead and doesn't make any real decisions. The people elect whomever they elect and the queen and governor general go through the motions as a traditional gesture. I don't know the exact time since the last veto but trust me...it's been a looooong time.Secondly, I don't think I've ever heard of any Canadian spitting out the phrase or anything like "we are not Americans". That would insinuate that we desire to be everything that Americans are not which is ridiculous. There are so many great things from the U.S. and so much that influences Canadian society which would make that statement absurd.Maybe you're thinking of "Americans are <fill with something negative>" which would be a much more correct statement.Like much of the world there will always be those who comment on those in power. If you haven't realized, the USA is the current global superpower. Canada isn't and so we don't exactly fall into day-to-day conversation outside of our border.Listen, there are a lot of messed up things about Canadian politics like others have already posted. The complaint with Canadian politics could be that nothing really ever gets done. However, Bush and Co. is making decisions for the people whether it's war or this bill removing the right to gamble on line. It kind of walks that line of personal freedom and is upsetting people. I'm no pro with politics in general but people complain all the damn time about politics. I'm really not sure why the complaining startles you or upsets you so much OP. Is it strictly an imigration thing that bugs you? If Daniel was born in the U.S. as opposed to getting his citizenship later would it irritate you less? Daniel doesn't hate America...he hates Bush. To me...it's stupid to hate a Nation. I love or hate individuals. How can anyone possibly lump 100 million people into one identity?Pretty silly IMHO.Happy Thanksgiving my fellow Canadians and may God bless America. :club:
Woah...what a strange way to introduce yourself to the forum if you are indeed new. Slow down cowboy.Firstly, although the queen and governor general technically how the power of appointment and veto it is not the case in modern practice. The queen strictly acts as a figurehead and doesn't make any real decisions. The people elect whomever they elect and the queen and governor general go through the motions as a traditional gesture. I don't know the exact time since the last veto but trust me...it's been a looooong time.Secondly, I don't think I've ever heard of any Canadian spitting out the phrase or anything like "we are not Americans". That would insinuate that we desire to be everything that Americans are not which is ridiculous. There are so many great things from the U.S. and so much that influences Canadian society which would make that statement absurd.Maybe you're thinking of "Americans are <fill with something negative>" which would be a much more correct statement.Like much of the world there will always be those who comment on those in power. If you haven't realized, the USA is the current global superpower. Canada isn't and so we don't exactly fall into day-to-day conversation outside of our border.Listen, there are a lot of messed up things about Canadian politics like others have already posted. The complaint with Canadian politics could be that nothing really ever gets done. However, Bush and Co. is making decisions for the people whether it's war or this bill removing the right to gamble on line. It kind of walks that line of personal freedom and is upsetting people. I'm no pro with politics in general but people complain all the damn time about politics. I'm really not sure why the complaining startles you or upsets you so much OP. Is it strictly an imigration thing that bugs you? If Daniel was born in the U.S. as opposed to getting his citizenship later would it irritate you less? Daniel doesn't hate America...he hates Bush. To me...it's stupid to hate a Nation. I love or hate individuals. How can anyone possibly lump 100 million people into one identity?Pretty silly IMHO.Happy Thanksgiving my fellow Canadians and may God bless America. :club:
Uh, Thanksgiving's not for almost two months....and he's the dumb one, pssscha.