I'm up $407.85 - edited cuz im stupidI actually havn't played but two days this month cause I was on life tilt from the "ban" and from busting outta the PS main event.I been playing PLO and I played one $600nl session and been doing alright.I am limiting my MTT play, however I am trying to win a seat into the Dublin EPT and won my seat into a $450+25 satelitte thru a $5r turbo. LOL. So I saved myself $400 or so there, hah.Hopefully I get my seat, I'd love to go to Ireland...and be able to play poker there too.I'm really going to try hard and just grind out a respectable win this month, get some things flowing again like I'm used to. Hopefully a nice run will get me started this month.- Jordan

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Up at 800 now. But I'm aware I'm running hot so I'm getting ready for variance.
How? You are playing 100NL with 8 buy ins now, lol. That isn't "getting ready."
438 hands of 3/6 SH LHE:+$386.50 for 14.71 BB/100.Sustainable?
LOL. Nice run, hope it keeps coming man! 3/6 down swings can kick you in the balls REALLLY hard.
How? You are playing 100NL with 8 buy ins now, lol. That isn't "getting ready."LOL. Nice run, hope it keeps coming man! 3/6 down swings can kick you in the balls REALLLY hard.
Ya, definitely play $50 NL until you get to at least $1500, IMO.$50 NL is easy enough to beat, shouldn't take much time.
New goal:Take a break from poker and get caught up in school.
Well, this goal is going well:36nc9.jpg
How? You are playing 100NL with 8 buy ins now, lol. That isn't "getting ready."LOL. Nice run, hope it keeps coming man! 3/6 down swings can kick you in the balls REALLLY hard.
I don't plan on playing 3/6 SH LHE much this month, just doin it to switch things up a bit, I'm not rolled for SH.

Lost 11 Buy ins.Have i tilted?Not really.Did i play bad?Not really.How do i feel? :club::):D:club::D:P:D:P:):club::) like this.I ran into straight flush with nut flush 4 times.Run quads with Highest full hours 3 times.That gives an idea of how i lost at least 7 of the buy ins.

in any event, maybe things will go better at the Real Money tables.
I so wish it was play money.I didn't know this was possible.My confidence is hugely damaged.Can variance take away my 11 buy ins in 7 hours 4 tabling?Or am i just lying myself thinking i played good?I only had 6 losing days in the last 34 days of my PLO game.*****And people say 20 buy ins is enough.Bullshit.I am glad i still have 80 buy ins for my level.
I so wish it was play money.I didn't know this was possible.My confidence is hugely damaged.Can variance take away my 11 buy ins in 7 hours 4 tabling?Or am i just lying myself thinking i played good?I only had 6 losing days in the last 34 days of my PLO game.
chin up!don't play much PLO, but I think if you play aggressively, you can lose that many buy-ins.Especially with the coolers you listed.You can play real conservatively, but make less money in long run.
chin up!don't play much PLO, but I think if you play aggressively, you can lose that many buy-ins.Especially with the coolers you listed.You can play real conservatively, but make less money in long run.
yea i agree i play a moderate amount of PLO and i use a tight aggresive strat and jus try to value bet the nuts and try not to play to much else because more often then not someone has the nuts
You mean nut peddling?I am saving up to 50 buy ins to move up to $100PLO i want to improve my game i don't think i learn much by just pushing with nuts.I took occasional shots at $100PLO i can beat that game.I just can't hanlde a 11 buy-ins loss in that level.I don't have the roll yet.
You mean nut peddling?I am saving up to 50 buy ins to move up to $100PLO i want to improve my game i don't think i learn much by just pushing with nuts.I took occasional shots at $100PLO i can beat that game.I just can't hanlde a 11 buy-ins loss in that level.I don't have the roll yet.
where did I say you should Nut Peddle?I just said if you play aggressively in PLO, I can see how you would have lots of variance.I said if you want less variance, you may sacrifice EV.I typed slowly this time, so you could comprehend better.
where did I say you should Nut Peddle?I just said if you play aggressively in PLO, I can see how you would have lots of variance.I said if you want less variance, you may sacrifice EV.I typed slowly this time, so you could comprehend better.
:club: i am sure this wonr't sund very funny tomorrow but i lauguhed tonightmaybe cus of all those vodkas i drank!
I don't understand why you bolded that...
LOL, Not to say he was spelling that part wrong, but referring to him drinking. Meaning, because he was drinking vodka, he was spelling words wrong, but not those bolded words. LOL, sorry.
you might want to pace yourself:Group: MembersPosts: 614Joined: September 25th, 2006
I'm in and out of a job until the 20th. So I have a bunch of free time! :club: But thanks for noticing! :D In 2 weeks I probably will only be posting a few times a week.
MY first shot at doing this:Primarily a tourney playerStaarting Bankroll: $900Heres my list:1. DO NOT PLAY ANY CASH GAMES ( I lose so much money here)2. Make 5 Final Tables (about one a week)3. Play at least two Sunday Millions or Bigger Buyin Events.4. Finish in Top 500 of PokerStars TLB
Ok well heres an update. 1. I played cash games and got my @SS kicked. Im so dumb. I VOW TO NEVER PLAY ANOTHER CASH GAME.2. I have made one final table. 2nd place in a 300 max player tourney ($9 buy in)3. Have not tried to qualify for this yet.4. Currently 2782, so I have some work to do.I started the month very slow, running into a bunch of cooler situations. Flush over Flush, set over set, flopped set vs. flopped straight, etc. etc.I have tightened up and made a final table last night, just trying to keep it going now.TIGHT IS RIGHT :club:

I'm a couple of days late, but I thought I would add some goals as well. I love the idea of this thread as goals have been extremely helpful for me in the past. - profit 1k playing 1/2NL- profit 1k playing 2/5NL (don't play as much)- play 1 $100 tournament and show a respectable resultI don't play online and only get to play every Thursday night. I'm off to a pretty good start from last night so hopefully things will continue to go well.Good luck all.