Despite my reluctance to play on a Friday, I got a couple good hours of two-tabling 8/16 SHLHE in and turned a decent little profit.To justify my reluctance to play on a Friday, here are the results from Fridays dating back through late March...-$1,117 (7.5 hours)+$1,446 (4.5 hours)-$5,671 (6 hours)-$2,624 (5.25 hours)+$269 (3.5 hours)+$193 (2.25 hours)-$38 (12.5 hours)-$3,582 (9.5 hours)+$103 (9.5 hours)-$223 (13.75 hours)+$250 (2.5 hours)-$29 (2 hours)-$301 (12 hours)-$3,867 (7.25 hours)+$31 (2.25 hours)-$3 (1.75 hours)-$1,137 (12.5 hours)-$194 (2 hours)-$94 (1 hour)+$339 (2 hours)Total: -$16,249 (119.5 hours) = -$136/hrOf my 13 sessions where I've lost $1k or more, 7 of them have come on a Friday. Is there enough data here that I should basically steer clear of playing on Fridays?

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of my 13 sessions where I've lost $1k or more, 7 of them have come on a Friday. Is there enough data here that I should basically steer clear of playing on Fridays?
online for most of those?Maybe your aggressive style is less affective vs the casual weekend donk?I'm guessing.THe data is significant enough to think about rationale.Do you play more on Fridays?
online for most of those?Maybe your aggressive style is less affective vs the casual weekend donk?I'm guessing.THe data is significant enough to think about rationale.Do you play more on Fridays?
Everyone but one.I have considered what factors could be playing into that. I've always been under the impression that Friday/weekend players would usually be worse, so I'm not quite sure why I seem to have more difficulty. I seem to do fine on Saturdays and Sundays.Some of my longest sessions have come on Fridays since I'm not constrained by classes/meetings. I think that's allowed me to chase my losses to much in several instances.

I'm a winning PLO player again, biatches!Bodog 1/2 PLO (8-handed)Cobalt is Button w/ Kc Kd Qc 4h.Pre-flop:MP calls, CO calls, Cobalt calls, SB calls, BB checksFlop ($10): Jc 9c 6d3 checks, CO bets $10, Cobalt calls, 3 foldsTurn ($30): TcCO checks, Cobalt bets $15, CO callsRiver ($50): TdCO bets $30, Cobalt raises pot, CO goes all-in, Cobalt calls:icon_dance:

dubbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbblin ireland here i come. looloolol- Jordan
Watch out for those Irish pubs before the event.They suck you in and before you even notice you are in a beer contest with 6 fat red hair blokes.*****Just a quick brag edit.I won 10 buy-ins since yesterday.Go me!
MY first shot at doing this:Primarily a tourney playerStaarting Bankroll: $900Heres my list:1. DO NOT PLAY ANY CASH GAMES ( I lose so much money here)2. Make 5 Final Tables (about one a week)3. Play at least two Sunday Millions or Bigger Buyin Events.4. Finish in Top 500 of PokerStars TLB
Ok 2nd Update.1. Havent played any cash games since my last update WOOHOO2. Made a 2nd final table in a 180 SNG. I also bubbled and went out in 10th BLEH!! 2/53. Tried qualifying for todays Sunday Million, and didnt go so well, maybe next week. 4. Currently 1656...Gotta play more tournies this week.

Forgot to post my goals. Oops.But better late then never.1. Over $400 BR (starting at ~$225)2. Mix PLO Cash games (which I'm pwning so far on FT) with NL SNG's.3. Play a couple of tournaments and STAY FOCUSED!

Forgot to post my goals. Oops.But better late then never.1. Over $400 BR (starting at ~$225)2. Mix PLO Cash games (which I'm pwning so far on FT) with NL SNG's.3. Play a couple of tournaments and STAY FOCUSED!
If you play on Stars, you should be playing the $4.40 180's. They are soooooooo soft. If you start playing them, make sure you read the stickied thread in tourney strat.

Im doing the 10 day challenge. Starting October 10th to Oct 20th. I have 10 days to make $1200, only playing 2 tables of 2-4 lhe. The $1200 includes rakeback, but I still have some work ahead of me. My friend bet me $100 that I couldn't do it, and that it is impossible to make +40K a year but just playing 2 tables of 2-4 lhe, and I am here to prove him wrong. Wish me luck, tomorrow I start grinding away at the tables. ~GOAL~10 days2 tables max of 2-4 lhe.$1200 in profit

~GOAL~10 days2 tables max of 2-4 lhe.$1200 in profit
I think that breaks down to 20 table hours per day ( 10 each table)60 hands per hour1200 hands per day12,000 hands in 10 days120 sets of 100 hands$1200 at $2-4 = 300 BBs300 BB's in 120 sets of 100 hands2.5 BB/100 for 12,000 handsright?yeah, possible.Probably should play 12+ hours per table though
I think that breaks down to 20 table hours per day ( 10 each table)60 hands per hour1200 hands per day12,000 hands in 10 days120 sets of 100 hands$1200 at $2-4 = 300 BBs300 BB's in 120 sets of 100 hands2.5 BB/100 for 12,000 handsright?yeah, possible.Probably should play 12+ hours per table though
Yes sir, it is right, but you forgot about rakeback! :club: Make's it much eaiser. And more like 70-80 hands per hour. I average 75.

Vegas trip's going pretty well. After losing the first night, I've won every night since and I'm up $2,100 on poker and another $1,000 or so on blackjack. If it was a Friday or Saturday with a tournament in town or something, I'd be tempted to take a shot at the 100/200 game at the Bellagio, but with likely nothing but regulars on a Monday, I might just get drunk and blow some money at the strip clubs or something since it's my last night in Vegas.

$1,650 so far in october after about 6k hands, and 15 hours of play. Mix of 2/4 and 3/6 with rakeback and bonus.And for overall earnings, add about half of that for my job. And it only took me about 4 times the hours including transportation. ...At least i only get taxed on the shitty income.

My solitary goal is to think. Specifically, it's to think more about my opponents' psychological states and their ranges.
that's much less exciting than a monetary figure.you bore me.how will you ever get better just by thinking about ranges?you need an arbitrary target!!**********************************
Yes sir, it is right, but you forgot about rakeback! :club: Make's it much eaiser. And more like 70-80 hands per hour. I average 75.
I figured someone would suggest you get rakeback...I did not realize you already didyeah... you can do it or sure.