my roommate just came home with the mail, where I recieved a notice from bank of america that I was being charged $33 for having insufficient funds in my account. I know I had at least $900 in there last time I checked, so went to check my online banking info, and apparntly a withdrawl of $816.75 had been made from my account, plus random purchaces and a few bank fees for having insufficient funds. The transaction name of the $816.75 was under NT888.lotsofrandomnumbers.233802, I had no idea what this was, but because of the NT I figured it would be a good idea to check my neteller account (I had no money in there at the time). Anyways long story short on august 15th a $816.75 EFT credit was made into my account, and then a $750 deposit into pacific poker (plus a $66.75 fee).Obviously this money was not authorized, and I am a bit worried right now. I just called my bank, but the close at 5pm, and it was about 5:10. I know this has happened to some FCPers, what should I do now? Call neteller? Call pacific poker? wait for my bank?Also if this has happened, did you get your money back, if so from where? Bank? neteller? pokersite?As of right now I am -222.47 in the bank, and wondering what my next move should be, any help is welcome.

That sucks, man.This is why I rarely play on the internet anymore.

No offense, but if you knew other FCPers were getting hacked why didn't you take precautions. Like setting your instacash limit at $0...They should refund you so just let them do their thing and don't worry too much.

No offense, but if you knew other FCPers were getting hacked why didn't you take precautions. Like setting your instacash limit at $0...They should refund you so just let them do their thing and don't worry too much.
Any idea how to do this? I was looking through the site and couldnt find it. Any help would be great. Also, what are some other ways I can help prevent hacking?
I did know other FCPers have their accounts hacked, but I thought it had something to do with 24 hour poker or other sites in general I don't use. I was unaware that you could set the instacash limit to $0. This woulda been fine, cause I just use neteller to withdraw or transfer from site to site. I was also unware, though it makes sense that they could withdraw from my bank account (I thought most people that were getting scamed was just money sitting on neteller or in their poker accoutns). Anyhow, neteller investigators should be calling me on monday, I'll keep ya guys updated when I find anything out.
Any idea how to do this? I was looking through the site and couldnt find it. Any help would be great. Also, what are some other ways I can help prevent hacking?
call them up. in North America, this is the number:1-888-258-5859for other countries, check the website. every single FCP'er should right now call up Neteller at that number, and ask them to either disable instacash, or reduce their limit to 0. if they complain or balk, talk to a manager. do it now.sorry to the OP, but several people have reported getting their money back from neteller. good luck.
I did know other FCPers have their accounts hacked, but I thought it had something to do with 24 hour poker or other sites in general I don't use. I was unaware that you could set the instacash limit to $0. This woulda been fine, cause I just use neteller to withdraw or transfer from site to site. I was also unware, though it makes sense that they could withdraw from my bank account (I thought most people that were getting scamed was just money sitting on neteller or in their poker accoutns). Anyhow, neteller investigators should be calling me on monday, I'll keep ya guys updated when I find anything out.
They got to withdrawal from your bank account because you seem to be forgetting it was your roommate who did it. He went in your drawer got your account number and whatever else he needed and did the deed.
This is off on a tangent, but has firepay ever had problems like this?
i haven't heard of one (yet). i think it's kind of like macs, it's not quite worth a hacker's time.i also haven't heard of a case where netteller didn't return any money that was withdrawn without authorization.

I was one of the original victims. Call Neteller now and have them disconnect the instacash feature. Their fraud dept won't be back until Monday, request that they call you back then. Also on Monday, contact the fraud dept at Bank of America. You actually get the money back from them, but it will take several weeks. You should go to a branch Saturday and close out that account and open a new one. They will also take away the $33 fee if you ask nicely. Did you save your Neteller info on Yahoo email ?

I was one of the original victims. Call Neteller now and have them disconnect the instacash feature. Their fraud dept won't be back until Monday, request that they call you back then. Also on Monday, contact the fraud dept at Bank of America. You actually get the money back from them, but it will take several weeks. You should go to a branch Saturday and close out that account and open a new one. They will also take away the $33 fee if you ask nicely. Did you save your Neteller info on Yahoo email ?
Hey thanks for the feedback. Should be hearing from netellers investigation department monday. And yeah, I think opening a new bank account is prolley a good idea. Also the original email address I used with neteller was with earthlink, but have since moved over to gmail.As with this whole fraud thing, any idea how they got your info, and if so what they got? How much information can they get from neteller? Am I at risk (I had them close my neteller account for now) for any future problems with my bank or possible identy thief situations?Seriously the worst part of this whole thing is trying to tell my parents about the situation, when they are like most parents already hesident about this whole 'online poker' thing. I guess now I just have to come up with rent money by the first.
call them up. in North America, this is the number:1-888-258-5859for other countries, check the website. every single FCP'er should right now call up Neteller at that number, and ask them to either disable instacash, or reduce their limit to 0. if they complain or balk, talk to a manager. do it now.sorry to the OP, but several people have reported getting their money back from neteller. good luck.
You can get this done through live support as well. Only takes a couple of minutes.
I cant figure out how to do this either. It should be obvious and Im missing the boat.... Could someone explain how to do this? thanks
They got to withdrawal from your bank account because you seem to be forgetting it was your roommate who did it. He went in your drawer got your account number and whatever else he needed and did the deed.
You should ask the poker site if they can trace the pc that made the deposit, this would prove/disprove the above
You should ask the poker site if they can trace the pc that made the deposit, this would prove/disprove the above
he said his roomate came back with mail that said the deposit was made

Yes, Firepay can be hacked too. It happened to me for the amount of 753.99 and they were completely unhelpful in getting it back. US Bank had to do all the work instead. Be careful.[/size=6]At least with Neteller you can set weekly limits, so that if you account does get hacked only a certain amount can be withdrawed.

I cant figure out how to do this either. It should be obvious and Im missing the boat.... Could someone explain how to do this? thanks
How do you change your instacash to 0?
How do you change your instacash to 0?
I just emailed support@neteller.com and told them that I would like my InstaCASH limit set to $0 and gave them my account number. They emailed me back within the hour with confirmation that it had been done.