Take A Shot Or Sell The Seat?

Play the damn tournament. It cost you $8 and if you play well and get lucky here and there, you can cash and increase your roll by a LOT. Even if you bust out, you're down $8 and still can say you played in the WSOOP and had the experience. I don't even have $100 online right now but if I won a seat for $8, I'd still play it no matter what because it's an $8 risk I'd be willing to take.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gamble! If Dutch Boyd could get heads up in a razz tournament then you can too.

Don't worry about what you should do, do what you want to do. Which do you want more: $200 or the chance to play a WCOOP event where you're not experienced in the game?In general I would keep a seat I've satellited into because that's kind of the whole point, right? In your situation I would probably sell the seat and use that money toward entering a tourney of my best game.

unregister for it and use 100 of the $W to play some more satelites, the 8.80 turbos are very soft, Ive played 3 of them so far and made it to the break in each one and should have won a seat in one of them, and I know that eventually I'll win one if I keep making the break because from the break on the blinds are high and theres only 40 or 50 people left. The $39 razz sats are also pretty soft, Ive played 1 so far and got a lot of chips early from idiots and won a seat pretty easily. If you arent able to win any more seats you have 115 $W left that you can sell and add $100 or so to your bankroll and if you do win another seat then you can play and still have some money left.

If you don't play, then why are you playing poker to begin with.In the grand scheme of things, 200 dollars will not mean a lot to you. But you will never know what could have been. It's a satellite, you obviously understand the fundamentals of sound tournament play, so stop being a ***** and sit down in the game.

BUMPDid the guy end up playing or not? And, oh yeah, a lot of people are terrible at math too, lol 2/3 of his BR would mean he has approx. $300. So yes, banking $200 WOULD almost double his BR I don't know who said that this was false, but it obviouisly isn't. :club:

BUMPDid the guy end up playing or not? And, oh yeah, a lot of people are terrible at math too, lol 2/3 of his BR would mean he has approx. $300. So yes, banking $200 WOULD almost double his BR I don't know who said that this was false, but it obviouisly isn't. :club:
Hey CorpoFish how did you finish up in the Hubble Freeroll tonight ?
Hey CorpoFish how did you finish up in the Hubble Freeroll tonight ?
Shh...the more you talk the dumber you look. Don't make me tell everyone to GO TO THE "Smash is a genius" thread and tell them to read the last 3 or 4 pages....

Play some more satellites. If you get raped then you sell, if you do well you'll have a better idea of how good you are at tournament razz. Maybe you'll win another seat and you then you can do both.

I am a *****, I sold the W$. But I will probably play a couple more satellites to maybe qualify again.
Why are you playing satelites if you don't play when you qualify? That just doesn't make sense. If you are willing to throw 8.00 away then why didn't you play the tourney you qualified for? Playing a satelite and then advancing gives you a chance to play inexpensively against the next level of competition and see where you stack up there. If that's what you want to do then great. If you want to play an inexpensive tourney for money, then don't play satelites.

First, by your own admission, you love the game. Why not play the game you love?....You EARNED the right to play that game.....enjoy the fact that you achieved something that many others haven't. In my short time playing poker, I have learned in real money play it is either Tuition or Commission. You will never get better unless you play in the games that have better players. If you lose, big whoop..you lost...move on and hopefully you learned from the expierience and will be better next time. Why not practive in freeplay razz or low stakes play and train for the tournament?...I am not certain freeplay offer the best situation on pokestars since it is full of maniac all-in plays every hand, but you will be well prepared for those types in real play.....My 2 cents....but it's not my money...Good luck and play on FCP..I strated this month and really like the quality of gameplay here better that pokerstars. :club:

Why are you playing satelites if you don't play when you qualify? That just doesn't make sense. If you are willing to throw 8.00 away then why didn't you play the tourney you qualified for? Playing a satelite and then advancing gives you a chance to play inexpensively against the next level of competition and see where you stack up there. If that's what you want to do then great. If you want to play an inexpensive tourney for money, then don't play satelites.
When I registered I thought it would be a good idea, but after i had qualified, I thought about finally getting away from those stupid micro-level sit&gos. ;)Anyway, that thread didn't really go in the direction I had intended, I thought many people have been in a similar situation (on a higher level, like getting a WSOP ME seat or so)

Well sense you want someone who has been there I have some experince with it. Last year my brother won a Main event seat, he is a broke college student with and 1 year old son and a low paying 40 hour a week job. Also he had already taken the week prior to leaving for the main event off for a family trip. He widely considered just taking the 2,000 in cash the site gave him and not showing up to the ME, because site wouldn't let him sell the seat. He had rolled his seat from 11 dollars into 12,000 prize package. The 2k was signifacant to his life and paying for day care and all that. However with talking with me i told him he could go for vegas for less then 1k and save the rest for what he needs. He decided to go out there and play ended up cashing for over 21,000 and really helping out his family's need for the year becuase of it. So I think it is worth it to you to roll the dice and take your shot. GO out get SS1 learn some of the ABC's to razz find other stuff to read on RAZZ play some to get more experince and take your shot maybe you have a big payday maybe you go bust right away but at worst your out 9 dollars some time it took to play it and had a great learning experince playing a game you say you love, against most likely some great players. At best you go deep win some serious money and can with draw it and buy your self something nice and have a huge roll compared to now.

"(flintsword @ Saturday, August 26th, 2006, 11:56 AM) You earned the seat, congratulations. If Razz is not your specialty (ie) you suck Razz at Razz :D then bank the entry fee and improve your bankroll.Look over the hand history. If you won because you were on the luckbox express train, then bank the entry. If you won because you won a lot of close hands and made good decisions, then maybe you *are* a good Razz player, but don't know it yet.One thing is for sure, if you bank the entry, you will be grinning ear to ear for weeks, because you have almost doubled your poker bankroll.Congrats either way.I would play, but that's me."

you aren't very good at math are you?OP you should sell it if you are very conservative with your bankroll, or you could say **** it lets gamble...but from this vantage point you don't seem like that so I saw go for it!
You must be kidding thehidden. :club: OP says that $215 is two thirds of his current bankroll. This means that his current bankroll is approximately $322. If he banks his $215 entry fee, let's be charitable here, his bankroll goes from $322 to $537 and this is 'almost doubling his bankroll'.No need to bust my chops over a definition of 'almost'. :D