12 Notable Pros Left Going Into Day 5

These are all the "pros" still in it out of 135 people left.1.Allen Cunningham 503,000Annie Duke 919,000Bryan MiconEric Lynch 1,085,0005.Humberto Brenes 835,000Jeffrey Lisandro 1,208,000Prahlad Friedman 1,558,000Thomas Wahlroos 884,000William Thorson 168,000 $-1,500,000<ouch10.Alex Balandin (huge QJ donkey/"Circuit" Joke-but he is.) 681,000Casey Kastle12.Paramjit Gillhttp://www.cardplayer.com/tournaments/chip...29?viewall=true

One out of Prahlad, Rizen, or Cunningham has to make it to the final table if there is any justice in the world at all.

My money is on Rizen...
Ya Rizen is a beast. If anyone can navigate the big stack donks that are left, it's rizen.I would like to know what DN thought of his play while he was at his table, but I guess stuff like that is pretty keener and doesn't ever get talked about :club:
William Thorson 168,000 $-1,500,000<ouch
This is a typo, according to a swedish poker site, that talks with the swedish players throughout the day, he has 1,680,000, cardplayer made another typo...
This is a typo, according to a swedish poker site, that talks with the swedish players throughout the day, he has 1,680,000, cardplayer made another typo...
I hope so because otherwise he lost 1.5 million in 32 minutes.

Out of all those players, I really think Humburto is the guy to make it to the Final Table.However I'm thrilled to see Annie Duke way up there. She is doing VERY well. It's great for the sport of Poker.Kinda sad though of what Poker has become in a tourny like that. It's not just the big Pros and semi pros and a few amateurs. It's full of noobs, internet qualifiers and people just wanting a shot at a cool 12 million dollars.Sure that makes the sport popular as well, but when the winner can very well be another no namer again, it kinda makes everything a little out of whack.

Kinda sad though of what Poker has become in a tourny like that. It's not just the big Pros and semi pros and a few amateurs. It's full of noobs, internet qualifiers and people just wanting a shot at a cool 12 million dollars.Sure that makes the sport popular as well, but when the winner can very well be another no namer again, it kinda makes everything a little out of whack.
I don't mind a no-name winning it all, but it would be sad if there's not a single recognized name at the final table.
Out of all those players, I really think Humburto is the guy to make it to the Final Table.However I'm thrilled to see Annie Duke way up there. She is doing VERY well. It's great for the sport of Poker.Kinda sad though of what Poker has become in a tourny like that. It's not just the big Pros and semi pros and a few amateurs. It's full of noobs, internet qualifiers and people just wanting a shot at a cool 12 million dollars.Sure that makes the sport popular as well, but when the winner can very well be another no namer again, it kinda makes everything a little out of whack.
poker isn't a sport...
poker isn't a sport...
Ha ha, this reminds me of an episode of the Nuts I saw recently from the 2005 WSOP.Some Guy I can't remember - "Poker is not a sport. Whoever says that Poker is a sport is an idiot"Cut To:Phil Hellmuth - "Poker is definately a sport."Gotta love the Nuts.

The only pro I DON'T want to do well is Annie Duke. Imagine the huge stink ESPN will make if she makes it to the final table. Howard Lederer's sister blah blah blah blah blah. I can see Norman Chad now not shutting up about her.

I'm rooting for any pro. From what Daniel and other pros have said, most people are playing junk. It would be awesome if Annie won.

I dunno if anyone mentioned this, but if anyone is canadian, is that Mike Hwang guy the same guy who won a CPT event? if so he was the only one on the CPT that actually impressed me and it was good to see him do well. He's out but he got like top 150.

Kinda sad though of what Poker has become in a tourny like that. It's not just the big Pros and semi pros and a few amateurs. It's full of noobs, internet qualifiers and people just wanting a shot at a cool 12 million dollars.Sure that makes the sport popular as well, but when the winner can very well be another no namer again, it kinda makes everything a little out of whack.
So basically it has lots of people like you and me trying to make a big score, correct? What's wrong with that?
So basically it has lots of people like you and me trying to make a big score, correct? What's wrong with that?
Well I didn't say there was anything wrong with it persay, just that the WSOP 10,000 dollar buy in tourny used to be for the top pros. Now it isn't so much like it anymore that's all.