Official 2006 Wsop Main Event Thread

Uh, last I looked Jeffrey Lisandro and Prahlad Friedman were still sitting with nice stacks...Also Eric Lynch (Rizen), who is not a well-known player but will be after this.
Cuong Do is still in as well. That name rings a bell.
  • Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mon Aug 07 15:18:00 PDT 2006All For CharityDavid Einhorn has just told Cardplayer.com that he has pledged all of his tournament winnings for the Main Event to charity. Einhorn has decided to give whatever he makes in this tournament directly to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Disease. I'm rooting for him.

Mon Aug 07 15:18:00 PDT 2006All For CharityDavid Einhorn has just told Cardplayer.com that he has pledged all of his tournament winnings for the Main Event to charity. Einhorn has decided to give whatever he makes in this tournament directly to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Disease. I'm rooting for him.
Wow that's quite a pledge.
Ok, my fault:Restated it would say "last very well known and regarded name player."
Even still. These two (Prahlad and Lisandro) still fit that category.Maybe you should say "People I have seen on TV".
:club: for that guy. Pulling for him to last a long time at the final table if not win the whole thing.
Even still. These two (Prahlad and Lisandro) still fit that category.Maybe you should say "People I have seen on TV".
Both of them have been on TV. Prahlad lost to Ferguson at a WSOP Circuit event last year and Lisandro made a WSOP final table that ESPN showed in 2004 (Omaha, I think). I think those are the only 3.
Both of them have been on TV. Prahlad lost to Ferguson at a WSOP Circuit event last year and Lisandro made a WSOP final table that ESPN showed in 2004 (Omaha, I think). I think those are the only 3.
I know. Personally, I'm pretty sure I have seen them both on tv.THe poster I was referring to probably hasnt and doesnt know of them. They dont really have the exposure of DN, Hellmuth etc. Was making a sly remark about what some (most?) people consider to be "good" poker players: those they see on tv a lot.

Take a look at this photo:gold_jamie.jpgI'm a little confused about the denominations of the chips currently in play. My guess is the black/gold are 5K, the orange/yellow are 10K, and the orange/grey are 25K. Anybody know for sure? What happened to the beige colored 25K chips from last year's main event?Also, two of the denominations look WAY too much alike, at least in the photos. It seems like it would be very easy to eye somebody's stack incorrectly, and even easier to hide the bigger chips if one so desired.It looks like they will be coloring out the 5K chips at the end of the current level, so I hope I'm wrong and the orange/yellow chips are actually the 5Ks, so as alleviate any possible confusion.Finally, there's this comment from the CardPlayer coverage:A First For The WSOPIn the next level WSOP tournament directors will be introducing a new chip to the Main Event. The $100,000 chip will be put into play. The chip has been described by tournament directors as "mint green with chocolate."Yum.

I know. Personally, I'm pretty sure I have seen them both on tv.-i've seen lisandro on tv on multiple occasions..2, poss. 3 different times...just sayin-also, i'm rooting for cunningham big time...i'm in the top 5 of my fantasy poker pool for this year(a.c. is my last player left, obv.)...first place takes home 50k, so if a.c. wins this he may be recieving christmas cards from me for life... :club:
1Jamie Gold18,300,000 2Allen Cunningham6,000,000
Ya, what a horrid call:<quote> Allen Cunningham Doubles UpKevin Aaronson raises to $170,000. Erik Friberg, Richard Lee and Allen Cunningham make the call. The flop comes Ks5s2h. Lee and Cunningham check. Aaronson bets $400,000 and Friberg calls. Cunningham check raises all-in for $2,255,000 more. Aaronson debates a call and eventually folds. After three minutes, Friberg makes the call. Friberg shows 99. Cunningham shows a flopped set with 55. The turn and river come QQ, and Cunningham doubles up to $6,000,000. After the hand, Friberg is down to $4,200,000.</quote>

Allen Cunningham Doubles UpKevin Aaronson raises to $170,000. Erik Friberg, Richard Lee and Allen Cunningham make the call. The flop comes K52. Lee and Cunningham check. Aaronson bets $400,000 and Friberg calls. Cunningham check raises all-in for $2,255,000 more. Aaronson debates a call and eventually folds. After three minutes, Friberg makes the call. Friberg shows 99. Cunningham shows a flopped set with 55. The turn and river come QQ, and Cunningham doubles up to $6,000,000. After the hand, Friberg is down to $4,200,000pretty loose call there with 9's after raise/check raise.

Allen Cunningham Doubles UpKevin Aaronson raises to $170,000. Erik Friberg, Richard Lee and Allen Cunningham make the call. The flop comes K52. Lee and Cunningham check. Aaronson bets $400,000 and Friberg calls. Cunningham check raises all-in for $2,255,000 more. Aaronson debates a call and eventually folds. After three minutes, Friberg makes the call. Friberg shows 99. Cunningham shows a flopped set with 55. The turn and river come QQ, and Cunningham doubles up to $6,000,000. After the hand, Friberg is down to $4,200,000pretty loose call there with 9's after raise/check raise.
Worse than loose. Just awful. I wonder if Allen said something to help get the call.

holy crap.....somebody is throwing up in the Rio lobby

Kevin O'Donnell raises to $180,000 under the gun and Allen Cunningham re-raises $450,000 more from the big blind. O'Donnell re-raises $1,000,000 more (now $1,630,000 total) and Cunningham pushes all-in, having O'Donnell covered. O'Donnell calls and shows KclubKdiamond, while Cunningham has the lead when he shows AspadeAclub. The board comes QclubJdiamond8heart6heartQspade and Cunningham rakes in the pot to eliminate O'Donnell. O'Donnell is eliminated in 21st place, earning him $494,797, while Cunningham's stack is up to $11,750,000.
Also, read some about Jamie Gold......he's taking card rack to a whole new level.
Jamie Gold raises to $400,000 from middle position and Prahlad Friedman pushes all in for $1,700,000 from the button. Gold calls with 8diamond7club while Friedman shows the Aheart3spade. The board comes the 6spade5club4diamond giving Gold the nut straight. The turn is the Jheart and the river is the 4heart eliminating Prahlad Friedman in 20th place.
Jamie Gold raises from the button to $200,000 and Lee Kort calls from the big blind. The flop comes the Jdiamond7diamond4diamond and Kort pushes all in. Gold calls with the AspadeJclub while Kort flips over the QdiamondJheart. The turn brings the 5club and the river is the Jspade giving each player trip jacks but Gold's ace kicker plays. Lee Kort is eliminated in 22nd place.
Eric Lynch and Jamie Gold get all in preflop. Lynch flips over Aheart6spade while Gold shows the 10heart10club. The board comes the 9club9spade8spadeQclubQheart eliminating Eric Lynch in 24th place.
Richard Wyrick pushed all in from the cutoff for around $550,000 and Jamie Gold called from the button. Gold flipped over AclubKheart while Wyrick showed Aheart7diamond. The board comes the Kdiamond10spade5diamond8diamond8spade elminating Richard Wyrick in 27th place.