Wsop Event #2 1500nl Tourney Report 2006 (long)

First I would like to say that writing is not my best quality. After reading all the trip reports from FCP last year about WSOP and making the trip it was real helpful and pleasant that you shared the information. I arrived Mon 6/26/06 @ 5:00pm and was able to watch the TOC final table, I got a chance to talk DN between breaks because I was sitting next to one of his poker mentors from Canada, the older Greek guy that said he played poker with DN when he was @ 15 yrs old, so during breaks he and DN would go over old stories about the Greek guy would play possom as if he where sleep when he had Aces and you shake him to wake him and he would just say all-in.I pre-registered for event #2 @ 4 weeks ago via. wire transfer to avoid long lines and hopefully get an early table that would not break so early on, After picking up my seating assignment I was shocked that I was at table # 155, I thought pre-registering I would be at a lower table number, ie. 1-40.During dinner break of the TOC I decided to tune-up and play a $525 Sit-N-go winner take all $5100 tourney chips, I also had a $200.00 last longer bet with 2 other guys ($600.00)I won the last longer and chopped the satellite heads up. cool some positive energy for tommorrow.While talking to one of the other guys who registered for event #2 that morning had table # 46 which shocked me.( will address table numbers later) I went back to the TOC final table, DN was heads up with M. Sexton, I told him I would stay a watch him take it down. It was really great to see him play small ball poker, but @1:00am I had to go to sleep. Can you believe that at the TOC heads-up with Mike Sexton, Mike had more fan support than DN. (GO figure) but Mike is well repected amongs his peers, and PartyPoker got there monies worth by sponsoring the TOC along with what I heard is a 10 million long term deal with WSOP since they are not WPT any longer.Let me just say the improvments Harrah's made were great ie. a poker kitchen with quick and resonable priced good food, and they rented NASCAR event restroom traliers, and alternate breaks, GREAT.Tues 6/27/06 amazing, I see all the big shots except DN(you know why). Table 155 seat 8 eleven handed, the only known pro at my table is Young Phan, I don't know weather to be happy or sad, because I know how Young Phan plays, I've been in many tourneys with him, so I try and do some snoopping to see who got in on satellite, who bought in, etc. that way I'll try and gage what I might be in for.As we were talking about the Big Dogs and what there strategy would be if they don't dbl-up early, they can make first place money at Bellagio or the Golf course.I hear that 5 or 6 of the Big Boys have a 1 million prop bet on who gets the first bracelet this year, so thats why they are going to keep focus, 6 million extra reasons.Shuffle up and Deal 1500 chips, blinds 25-25, 1hr rounds, first hand I'm in the BB, folded to seat #4, raised to 75, SB called, and I called with 55, flop K 5 9 rainbow (sweet) sb chk, I bet 100, seat#4 goes hollywood a minute or so, Raise (sweet) make it 250 more, sb fold. (I already know where this is going) call, turn 7 still rainbow I bet 400, he goes Hollywood again, ALL-IN, I call, he has AK drawing dead, dbl-up first hand, great start after that I just played solid top 10 hands because players were short stacked after the second level then it was all-in dam near every other hand until @ level #6 150-300 25 ante.I slowly built my chips, as they started breaking tables, know I realize table 155 was'nt bad after all, because they break toward the TV table which 155 is in that area so I was able to play the hole day 1 at my same table which was a blessing, because myself and 4 other guys, including Young Phan played at the same table from start to finish.I really never had my chips in danger, because most of the time it was small ball poker, and after playing with the same players for a while you pick up a lot of info.The money bubble came @ 10:00pm, 270 players. This year they do it different than hand for hand, they go round by round when they get to 5 within the bubble(complicated).I had @ 25000 chips after the bubble burst, it was a free for all, they could'nt pay people fast enough. We were supposed to play 10 levels but they had us play 11, @12:45am level 11 started, I had @50000 chips, then all hell broke loose, It seemed like I lost every pot I was in, then before you knew it, I was down to @12000 chips. The last hand of day 1, It was folded to me on the button, blinds 800-1600 200ante, I shipped it with 10-10, the sb folded, BB had @40-50000 chips, gave a cryin call with presto 55, I flopped full 10-3-3 done, I ended with 27400 chips.@ 2:00am, 122 players left.Then myself G. Raymer and @15 others had to go the cage and un-register for event #3 Pot-limit, which know was @3:00am, therfore by the time I walked about half-mile thru the Rio to my room, and did the SSS it was @4:00am:Day 2 blinds 1200-2400+ante and my table still did not break, Jennifer Harman was moved to my table seat#6. Things changed over night everyone seemed to come out firing boom, bang, boom, know every raise was 4 or 5x the bb, time to change gears. When Jennifer came to my table she had @30000 chips, like I said you could not see a flop, so it folded Jen on the button she raised to 6500, I called from BB with KJ clubs, flop K78 2 spades, I shipped it, she thought for a few seconds folded.Next time around, folded to her on the button again, this time she moved all-in for @18000, I have @26000 total with KQ suited, I fell like she is just making a play with K high or maybe A rag, or just making a move because it was finally folded to her (hell I would too) so I think and finally call, she has A3 heart, I have KQ hearts. two live ones, flop nothing, know I'm short short short @6000.Next hand is break time and we talk and I asked her would she have made that call in my position, she said no because I only had 26000 chips, and if I missed, well you know the rest, but other semi-pros said, yes based on a few factors.Ok back from break, 1500-3000 300ante, I dbl thru Young Phan with A 10vs K 10, then Jennifer goes on a rush and is up @70000 in 10 mins. Then she tells me that KQ was a blessing in disquise, before you knew it, I was chipping up down to 36 players I triple-up JJvs AK, AK, to @70000 blinds 2000-4000 500ante, a little cusion.3 table 27 players, I catch a button raiser with 30000 all-in preflop, I wake up AA( sweet) a little bit over 100000 blinds 2500-5000 500ante, still calm,.THE COOLER I have a moto, the last hand before any break I will not play it unless I have AA KK QQ.last hand before dinner, I'm in the SB seat 5, seat 9 has @250000, raise to 11000, which has been his standard weather he has AA or not, folds to the button, he calls with @55000 chips, I got two black Kings(hmm what to do? (raise 25000 more, if seat 9 comes over the top I might have to fold) ok sounds good, raise 25000 more, seat 9 goes into the tank for a min then folds says its dinner time, the button all-in, (WTF, how much more is it?) 23000 more, call, DAM, DAM,DAM he's got AA, Bam 36000 chips left 22 players blinds will be 3000-6000 1000ante after dinner.The pay goes up from 16000-20000 at 21 players, I'm on the button so I have a few hands to go before I will be in the BB.CHICKENED OUT First hand back I look at my cards as soon as they are dealt which is different than what I normally do KsJs ( Ok if it is passed to me on the button ship it, if 1 person raise in front of me, ship it) folds to seat #3 with @120000, raise to 31000, (I know him he's just raising because it was passed to him or small pair) then I look over at the other table and Young Phan is all-in against 2 players and I have more chips so If we both go broke I would get 21 place $4000.00 more because I started than hand with more chips. (Ok I'm thinking stick to you plans). As I am getting ready to ship it, seat #4 the cut-off with @90000 goes into the tank and ask for a count on seat #3 know he re-raises all-in, know my KJ swilved up, because I know seat 4 has a real hand, Dam know I don't have enough guts to pull the trigger, I go into the tank because I'm still trying to win not just playing to get lucky, my thought, Ok fold, fold, fold, back to seat #3, without any hesitaion call, seat #3 presto 55, seat #4, JJ, well at least I read it right pre-flop,Flop A 10 3, OK I would have had a gut-shot to the Q or 3 K's, BAM turn K, river K, I thru up inside, well Young Phan and someone else goes out.Down to 19, pay jump to $24000 at 18, I go card dead thru the next round back in the BB again with 28000, it is folded to the sb with over 200000 chips flat calls, Thx I look at Qd9d, I check, flop 7d8d10s, sb moves me in, I call, sb had AsJs (cool, all my out are live) turn 3c river 8c, brick brick out 19th $20,462, played good I'm happy, so I went and bought into the main event start day D. I have some business next week plus 7/4/06 I really want to play 7/4 5000NL but I will not be back at WSOP until next Fri.

First I would like to say that writing is not my best quality.
I laughed and stopped reading after this... Bro you need to make paragraphs for that! Tab and Enter buttons are your friend.

Thanks for the report. It was ok to read, maybe paragraphs. But I could live with it this way, cause I like to read tourn reports. Especially cashing ones. GL in the ME.

So your writings not perfect. Big deal! It was a good read and sounds like you played well. I agree with Jen H. you should have mucked KQ. That may be the only thing that hurt you. And you had to muck KJ especially with your reads. Very nice cash :club:

Damn nice mate, I was just wondering if you're playing pro or pro/am, or do you just play the bigger, multitourney events for fun?The read was good btw so keep us updated on the future events on the WSOP.

congrats - let us know your real name if you make it deep in the ME
19 Jorge Walker (Cerritos, CA, USA) $20,462
Damn nice mate, I was just wondering if you're playing pro or pro/am, or do you just play the bigger, multitourney events for fun?The read was good btw so keep us updated on the future events on the WSOP.
I normally grind it out at Commerce 10-20NL $600.00 buy in 3 or 4 days a week, and just play tourneys between Commerce and The Bike, and Bellagio $2500.00 max. I only play the main events if I get in thru satellites, except this year I bought into WPT at Commerce main, I just had to do it, home turf and 20000 starting chips. lasted 6hrs.

Jorge congrats! I didn't know there was another fcp'er around so late or I would have said hello. From the sound of things we might not have been at the same table. When we were down to just a few tables, do you remember a blonde guy with a red backpack on his chair? That was me.Mark

Jorge congrats! I didn't know there was another fcp'er around so late or I would have said hello. From the sound of things we might not have been at the same table. When we were down to just a few tables, do you remember a blonde guy with a red backpack on his chair? That was me.Mark
No, I can't say that I remember, but congradulation on making it that deep, I will say one thing, "A backpack is a must for the next tourney I'm in". P.S. write a tourney report, I would like to read it.