High Stakes Poker - Daniel .vs Matusow

While I have a large amount of respect for Daniel both as a person and a poker player, I think Daniel went a little below the belt last night when he called out Matusow for playing on borrowed money.Regardless of what you think of Mike, the man can play the game. I don't think that Daniel needed to point out that Mike might be playing on a loaned bankroll on national television, just my opinion, but I lost some respect for Danny last night.Though Danny was completely right when Mike called out Daniels A7 when he wasn't even involved in the hand and there was still action on Danny.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I have a large amount of respect for Daniel both as a person and a poker player, I think Daniel went a little below the belt last night when he called out Matusow for playing on borrowed money.Regardless of what you think of Mike, the man can play the game. I don't think that Daniel needed to point out that Mike might be playing on a loaned bankroll on national television, just my opinion, but I lost some respect for Danny last night.Though Danny was completely right when Mike called out Daniels A7 when he wasn't even involved in the hand and there was still action on Danny.
I believe anyone can play tho right? Not that hard to just play the game. Anyway I dont think Daniel was out of line at all. Mike was talking trash and berating everyone. He deserved what he got and frankly Daniel is right. Mattasow is no better then a .5/1 limit player because he's always broke
Hey if you want to dish it out all game, get ready for gettin some back.Sitting at a table with some of the best poker players in the world and calling them donks and telling them they don't know hwo to play poker...well you gotta expect something back.I mean I get it, in a 10,000 buy in tourney there is a lot to be won but there is very little to be lost so talkin **** and being goofy can be more tolerated, but this is a game with $100k of your own money. You don't **** around with serious peoples cash like that and you follow the rules. Or you get punked and they take all your money.

definitely not. do you ever listen to what matusow says at the table? he is rude, inconsiderate, and abusive. i thought dn's read and and check raise were spot on in this case.

obviously no one should call out another players hand, but daniel himself said i have an ace and i had a lot of outs and i missed all my draws so if anyone was paying attention it wasnt that hard to put him on a hand. which would be an Ace and some sort of straight draw. and it was his option to act so it wouldnt matter if phil laak knew his hand, cuz if daniel for some reason decided to raise, regardless if he knew daniel had the best hand hes gonna fold anyway and knowing he has a set against negreanu loan ace he'll call any raise, theres no way he folds to any raise on that hand imo. but its still uncalled for to call out another guys hand all in all. but it wasnt that bad.

Matusow totally deserves getting back the trash talk, I'm not saying he doesn't. Just saying there is a difference between trash talk and pointing out on national television that Mike is broke.Danny has always seemed like a really decent person, it just semed little harsh.

Matusow totally deserves getting back the trash talk, I'm not saying he doesn't. Just saying there is a difference between trash talk and pointing out on national television that Mike is broke.Danny has always seemed like a really decent person, it just semed little harsh.
Mike says it himself all the time...so no, it's not out of line at all.
People this is not a kiddie game. Just like Mike said during the WSOP. This is a game full of gamblers with intense amount of money on the line. I don't care how glammerous its become in the spotlight, gambling is a degenerate habit and full of lying and cheating and trying your best to break someone and STEAL money from them. Daniel is no spring chicken, he might be respectful and cheery but Mike was crossing him and crossing his money and he's not gonna take it. I'm sure if more high stakes cash games were shown you'd see some people you've come to "admire" and sweat be a lil nasty just like anyone else would.

Well, as much as I like Matusow for his "colorful" personality, like everyone else says, he talks a lot of crap. I'm sure there were probably some things said that didn't get aired and I, for one, would have had a hard time keeping my mouth shut, so I don't blame DN for sticking it to him, BUT...it did sound like a bit below the belt.I side as follows:DN 65%MM 35%

He wasnt out of line at all. All DN did was beat mike at his own game. When you'vegot someone at your table taliking that much ****, he's fair game for whatever you can stick him with.

I hope Tony Guoga sits in for Season 3. I thought that Matusow's trash talking was bad until I saw a few clips of Guoga in the WPT ACF and BadBoys event. That dude really gets on everyone's nerves.

Theres really only two things that come between friends/acquaintances, money and women. And like has been said Mikey was trying to mess with DN's money and sometimes in that situation, if you call a guy out on something like DN did, you win and that shuts them up.JEFF

Matasow is ruining the game and the show. This season is nowhere near as good as the first season and the main reason is that Matasow is in there talking nonsense all of the time. It wouldn't be so bad if he at least was being clever, but all he's really doing is making himself look stupid. Calling out Daniel's hand? I mean give me a break. Maybe in a 1/2 game, but that pot had $80,000 in it!! IMO, Shawn Sheikahn would be better to have in the game, he's annoying sure, but at least he's not a phony. The sooner someone busts Mike or he leaves, the better the show will be. He's a total joke.He got exactly what he deserved when Daniel called him out about not having any money. That was poetic justice if ever there was any.

I'll say it again...Matusow says all the time that he's always broke. I've seen at least a half a dozen interviews where he BRAGS about being the "sickest human ever". So why should everyone else have to tiptoe around the subject?

During the "Bad Boy" game, where Vince spent two hours over hyping the "bad boy" thing, I noticed that as they busted out there was a lot of respect for each other. Lot's of hugs and smiles for each other.I think it's the fuggin' media that drives this thing in the main. Yeah, tempers get short when you are losing your own money, but, even the closest of friends get testy from time to time.BTW, did anybody else thing Men was drunk?

i love how everyone was laughing at matusow for being a "payoff wizard", meanwhile, DN paid off WAY MORE to Laak with the set of 6s and everyone was telling mike off for making fun of DN for it.When Matusow called out DN's hand, it made NO difference, DN was just looking for an excuse to give Mike crap. Negreanu already said what he had, Matusow basically repeated what he said.As far as I can tell, Matusow is being light hearted, it's obvious he's joking. DN seems serious and mean spirited. I think the borrowed money comment was out of line, that was harsh. Talking about how someone plays is par for the course, off table personal stuff should stay off table.P.S.I don't mean to say that there is for real bad blood between these two, the situation seems to me like Daniel thinks he is far better than Mike and him being friends with him is some sort of charity act. The "pity friend" as it were, where as Mike genuinely cares about the friendship and is just messing around.