Daniel At Tournament Of Champions (final Table Live Updates)

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniel Doubled Through Daniel Negreanu Takes A Huge Chip LeadAndrew Black raises to $45,000 preflop and Daniel Negreanu raises an unknown amount. Black announces all in and Negreanu calls all in for his last $638,000, showing Kc-Ks. Black turns over As-Kd and will need to improve. However, the board comes Qh-9s-2s-10d-7s and Daniel Negreanu doubles up and takes a monster chip lead at the final table.

With Daniel having a huge chip lead, this should make some interesting TV. I bet Daniel's strategy coming in was to try to double through Andy when he got too aggressive, and he had the perfect spot. Black reraising all-in preflop against the only guy that can dent your stack with AK? Questionable, but I guess he thought Daniel was weak. Nice acting Daniel :club:

I wonder if Daniel's gonna get aggressive or stay relatively tight until its 3-handed or HU. He could just step away from the table to play some poker on FCP or hit the links till its HU. and he'll probly still have a lead.

Just in case some are wondering...Place Name Chip Count1 Daniel Negreanu 1,500,0002 Mike Sexton 434,0003 Chris Reslock 231,0004 Andrew Black 182,0005 Darrell Dicken 175,0006 Chris 'Jesus' Ferguson 105,000 (now knocked out)7 Mike Matusow 103,000Awesome!

Dinner break:PLACE PLAYER AMOUNT 1 Daniel Negreanu $1,530,000 2 Mike Sexton $425,000 3 Chris Reslock $390,000 4 Darrell Dicken $185,000 5 Andrew Black $173,000 6 Mike Matusow $125,000

Anyone else find it wierd that there were a ton more people lurking when Fidler was on his final table even though this is for more money and DN is at this ft?

Anyone else find it wierd that there were a ton more people lurking when Fidler was on his final table even though this is for more money and DN is at this ft?
I was noticing that myself. Maybe people are just watching CardPlayer or Pokerwire ... and not lurking here because we're not getting updates from DN at the table.llou
yeah there'd be 200 here if DN were sending his own live updates
andrew black def missed played is ak there, taggling with the only other player who has chips. then risking almost all is chips with ak is crazy vs the 2nd chip leader
I agree, but we don't yet know the size of Daniel's reraise. In that situation, you would move in with Aces or AK, similar to Matt Matros's latest article in CardPlayer. The reason is because he hates just calling in this situation. I disagree with the all-in move I would've folded if it was a significant reraise but we all know how aggressive Andy Black is. Remember the JK all-in raise with 5 or so limpers with 10 left in the '05 ME event where he eventually lost to jacks.
I agree, but we don't yet know the size of Daniel's reraise. In that situation, you would move in with Aces or AK, similar to Matt Matros's latest article in CardPlayer. The reason is because he hates just calling in this situation. I disagree with the all-in move I would've folded if it was a significant reraise but we all know how aggressive Andy Black is. Remember the JK all-in raise with 5 or so limpers with 10 left in the '05 ME event where he eventually lost to jacks.
I mean you gotta imagine this is a perfect example of DNs sometimes loose preflop image and style of play. Getting paid off big in that situation by an aggressive player.