i noticed how Daniel put Huck Seed amongst the top no limit holdem players in the world. Does anyone know where i can find the video of him winning it in 96?besides the US poker championship in AC,I dont think i've ever seen Huck play on TV, is there any other final tables he made?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i noticed how Daniel put Huck Seed amongst the top no limit holdem players in the world. Does anyone know where i can find the video of him winning it in 96?besides the US poker championship in AC,I dont think i've ever seen Huck play on TV, is there any other final tables he made?
He's been on NBC's HU Championship for the last 2 years.

I played with him once at one of those camps- The guy was unbelieveable at reading people. I played a hand badly, but managed to make a flush on the river. It got checked to me, I checked behind with 6 :club: 7 :D thinking I might not have the best club out there. Before we turned over the cards- Huck goes- What are you thinking? You should of jammed there- your opponent has a braodway straight and would call for sure. We flipped the cards over- And Huck was 100% correct on both hands. Yeah- don't flame me, I know I played it like a donkey.

Yeah Huck is pretty damn good. I remember reading on Mike Cunningham's blog about a hand Huck played in the 5/10 NL game that Mike was playing. Huck was heads up with an opponent and he made a runner-runner queen high flush on the river. He led at the pot and was raised, then laid it down face up. His opponent showed the ace-high flush. I think 99% of poker players would've at the very least paid it off, but good ol' Huck laid it down. Amazing. :club:

re: Huck and Barry's HU match... but first a couple disclaimers:1. I realize tv is highly edited2. Greenstein is the man and I highly respect his gameBut am I the only one who think Barry really botched his game with Huck? From what we saw and heard, Barry was raising on the button pretty much every time. Which is fine normally. But it wasn't working. I just couldn't understand why he wasn't changing gears. Huck had him down pretty low and Barry is still trying to raise and continuation bet on the flop. I really think Huck Seed is easily one of the most under-rated players out there so it's a tough match regardless. And Barry is no HU slouch - just this time I didn't understand why he kept trying business-as-usual despite the fact that it wasn't working at all.

Now, I'm not going to say I'm Huck's best friend or that I know him better than anyone else out there, but I did get to play and talk to Huck for quite sometime while I was in Vegas. It helped that he is a fan of track and field and that is what I used to coach.Huck is an extremely intimidating guy. Being as tall as he is, he towers over people even in the poker chairs.And Lord help you if he thinks you are week. He will push and push and push and make you make the mistake.I bought all the WSOP MEs on DVD a year or two ago and noticed that the year Huck won wasn't included. I later found out that they year he won (96?) ESPN didn't cover it. I believe the Discovery Channel did. Because of this, not many main stream people know that he won. I truly believe with the name he has and the fact that he won a WSOP ME, he could be VERY marketable. Who the hell is going to forget the name Huckleberry?I still consider Huck a friend and wish him all the luck in the world. He once told me that he feels he is a has been, but I think his best poker (and notoriety) is in his future.Mike Cunninghamwww.pokerworldrecord.blogspot.com

Now, I'm not going to say I'm Huck's best friend or that I know him better than anyone else out there, but I did get to play and talk to Huck for quite sometime while I was in Vegas. It helped that he is a fan of track and field and that is what I used to coach.Huck is an extremely intimidating guy. Being as tall as he is, he towers over people even in the poker chairs.And Lord help you if he thinks you are week. He will push and push and push and make you make the mistake.I bought all the WSOP MEs on DVD a year or two ago and noticed that the year Huck won wasn't included. I later found out that they year he won (96?) ESPN didn't cover it. I believe the Discovery Channel did. Because of this, not many main stream people know that he won. I truly believe with the name he has and the fact that he won a WSOP ME, he could be VERY marketable. Who the hell is going to forget the name Huckleberry?I still consider Huck a friend and wish him all the luck in the world. He once told me that he feels he is a has been, but I think his best poker (and notoriety) is in his future.Mike Cunninghamwww.pokerworldrecord.blogspot.com
He may be a great player, but just last year he was playing 10-20 NL at the bellagio on a regular basis. With that in mind, he cant have a huge amount of money.
He may be a great player, but just last year he was playing 10-20 NL at the bellagio on a regular basis. With that in mind, he cant have a huge amount of money.
I wouldn't mind a BR big enough to handle the swings at 10-20NL.

thats the other thing, i didn't include in my original post, (becuase it was mainly a rumor), and that is, that Huck doesn't play as high as people would assume givin his skill level at holdem.but i honestly have no idea of what he regularly plays or his financial situation.its kinda wierd that someone as highly regarded as him would play as low as he might or might not play.

Or he could realize that winning just two buy-ins a week at that level makes him around $200,000 a year. It seems like good table selection: He's playing games he knows he can beat and sticks with those.
Or he could realize that winning just two buy-ins a week at that level makes him around $200,000 a year. It seems like good table selection: He's playing games he knows he can beat and sticks with those.
I would like to make $200,000 a year. Maybe if I win this $1 tournament I am currently playing I can take a chance.
I'm sure his bankroll is doing just fine. After all he's been playing professionally for over 15 years, prefers cash games to tournaments, yet stil has 4 bracelets including that $1 million victory in the Main Event. Not to mention he does huge side bets against people like Hellmuth. I'm really glad to see a thread about his guy. He is one of the most underrated pro's out there and definetly one of my favorites. I too have posted and wish to see the 96 Main Event as noone has really seen it. Huck's table demeanor is really what makes him soo special. He's soo cool and quiet, but still remains one of the most aggressive players out there. Watching him on NBC Heads Up for the past 2 years, you really notice how good of a player he is. He has great reading abilities and can be super aggressive. I believe even Phil Hellmuth said that Seed was his toughest match in last years Heads Up Championship in which Hellmuth won it.I really hope to see DN's comments in this thread since Huck is a very quiet and private person that is not that well known from TV.
I'm sure his bankroll is doing just fine. After all he's been playing professionally for over 15 years, prefers cash games to tournaments, yet stil has 4 bracelets including that $1 million victory in the Main Event. Not to mention he does huge side bets against people like Hellmuth. I'm really glad to see a thread about his guy. He is one of the most underrated pro's out there and definetly one of my favorites. I too have posted and wish to see the 96 Main Event as noone has really seen it. Huck's table demeanor is really what makes him soo special. He's soo cool and quiet, but still remains one of the most aggressive players out there. Watching him on NBC Heads Up for the past 2 years, you really notice how good of a player he is. He has great reading abilities and can be super aggressive. I believe even Phil Hellmuth said that Seed was his toughest match in last years Heads Up Championship in which Hellmuth won it.I really hope to see DN's comments in this thread since Huck is a very quiet and private person that is not that well known from TV.
Good points. For one, I don't think he relishes the spotlight a lot anyway.Also, he's not a household name to the casual poker fan cuz he doesn't play a bunch of WPT tournies.IMO, still a very underrated player.

Definately one of my favourite players. The way he sits at the table is cool.I've seen him on PSSII, and he made it the final table of the 1999 WSOP ME I believe, the year Noel Furlong won it. There was him, Seidel, Parkinson, Furlong, a Swiss (i think) guy and a few others

i do remember him pushing in with j8 suited only to get called by an a-3 of furlong in 1999 and thats how he was eliminated.on the circuit they mentioned that he is a big advocate of small pot poker, which confuses me a little becuase i always hear about how aggresive he is.

i do remember him pushing in with j8 suited only to get called by an a-3 of furlong in 1999 and thats how he was eliminated.on the circuit they mentioned that he is a big advocate of small pot poker, which confuses me a little becuase i always hear about how aggresive he is.
Being aggressive wins you a lot of small pots. I believe he is talking about cash games. If you read Super System 1, Doyle advocates playing aggressively to win a lot of small pots, so when you play the big ones, you are using everyone elses money :club:

Huck's description of Razz during last years WSOP is fantastic. I think Daniel made note of it some time ago. Main Event and 2-time Razz winner. I hope his best is yet to come. I've always seen him cool, calm and collected.Anyone see him play the $100-$200 on FT?

Huck's description of Razz during last years WSOP is fantastic. I think Daniel made note of it some time ago. Main Event and 2-time Razz winner. I hope his best is yet to come. I've always seen him cool, calm and collected.Anyone see him play the $100-$200 on FT?
He's usually playing 5/10 and 10/20 NL and sometimes even 25/50 NL.

yeah see thats the other thing that makes his Bankrool questionably low is that i've only seen him play 5/10, 10/20 at the highest.i really just understand why he wouldn't play 100/200 if he is really that good at no limit holdem.

Good post.
This is a pretty dumb statement.I really hope I don't need to explain why.
he has the coolest name in poker.
I'm naming my kid, Huckleberry. No SW.
yeah see thats the other thing that makes his Bankrool questionably low is that i've only seen him play 5/10, 10/20 at the highest.i really just understand why he wouldn't play 100/200 if he is really that good at no limit holdem.
..Why? Why would you play a game that will almost never be better than 5 handed against people you have the smallest of edges against--if any edge--when you can make a good living and dominate the competition with much less variance and with a much greater edge. If Huck is having a bad day, he's still going to be better than any other player that sits at his 10/20 table--AINEC.