Traveling Abroad

So i'm thinking about studying abroad. To do this, I basically need to make a decision within the next month. I already have some ideas where I want to go, but would like some input from you guys.If you had the opportunity to study abroad somwhere, where would it be and why? It could be anywhere...but keep in mind that the purpose of the trip is to experience another culture along with taking academic classes in another country.

I'd study in Italy or Greece, but you really need to know another language to experience another culture.
My girlfriend at the time did a semester in Florence, Italy. She absolutely loved it, but she did speak Italian too.

Yeah. That's why i have to decide now. If i decide now, then i can take 2 semesters of language, which is normally the minimum required before traveling. I already took 3 semesters of Spanish, so I could go to Spain...

I'd study in Italy or Greece, but you really need to know another language to experience another culture.
Part of the fun of studying abroad is learning the language while you're there.Hands down though, Italy or Spain. Spain if you want to travel all over Europe as it's more central and you can get a EuroPass and ride the rails to various destinations...pretty much anywhere you want. Italy is nicer and chockful of history if you're into that (which I am personally) but if you want to visit other places in Europe it'll take a lot longer to get there.

Spain is awesome. So is Australia. I would go with one of those two.Although Chile is supposed to be great as well if you like nature and crap like that.

Supposing I want to experience a culture as opposite to American culture as possible...where then?
You'll want to go to the Middle East and tell everyone you're Canadian....
Part of the fun of studying abroad is learning the language while you're there.Hands down though, Italy or Spain. Spain if you want to travel all over Europe as it's more central and you can get a EuroPass and ride the rails to various destinations...pretty much anywhere you want. Italy is nicer and chockful of history if you're into that (which I am personally) but if you want to visit other places in Europe it'll take a lot longer to get there.
I think if you go anywhere in Europe you can travel all over. Try France, I hear they love americans...If you have any questions about Australia, post here or PM me and Ill try and answer them.
My girlfriend at the time did a semester in Florence, Italy. She absolutely loved it, but she did speak Italian too.
Ah, Firenze. Greatest city I've ever visited.

Off the top of my head, from what friends have liked:Milan, FlorenceBarcelonaAustralia (Sydney)If you go somewhere in Europe, you can travel everywhere. The kids I know that went to Australia also went to Indonesia and some other places around there, but it's probably a lot more expensive than travelling around Europe.JBradburn6 will be in Europe next summer, interning most likely in London or Switzerland.

Africa. Have fun.
Don't forget your malaria shots.Seriously though, if you want the polar opposite of American culture, visit an Asian country. It's as close to a 180 degree turn from what you're used as you can get...without having to sleep in mosquito netting.

guatemala was really nice...it's much different culture from america but very nice.i've never been to spain but i hear that is amazing. i'd def. go there if i could.i've been to london, which was sweet..but i mean...it's not really a culture shock at all...- Jordan

If your serious about it definatly head to South Africa. The exchange rate will work to your advantage and you will have no problems getting into a Varsity here compared to many other countries.Plus we speak english!

If you go somewhere in Europe, you can travel everywhere. The kids I know that went to Australia also went to Indonesia and some other places around there, but it's probably a lot more expensive than travelling around Europe.
The cost of travelling may be higher (depending on mode of travel), but the cost of living is significantly better.
Supposing I want to experience a culture as opposite to American culture as possible...where then?
Not that this is where you should go, but I have been to China before. It was a very eye-opening and educational experience. If you ever decide to go there, be sure to talk to someone who has been there before. It's not bad or anything there and I actually had a great time. There's just some rumors about the place that arent true and some additional things you might need to know.Oh and unless you're really high rolling over there, things are so cheap its beyond belief.