What Did You Want To Be When You Grew Up?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saddest thread ever.especially for a young buck like me.
Let's go Ronnie, what do you want to be when you grow up?Of course I want to be a professional poker player. Back a few years ago I wanted to be a dentist, but don't want to get out of school when I'm 28.
i would like to be in some form of journalism, whether it's newspaper, literature, broadcasting, radio, etc...
According to how this thread has gone, I'll be working in a cubicle in 5 years, and you'll be a publicist for some B-list celebrity. Just how these things work out.

When I was 5 years old I told my dad I wanted to be a banker, lawyer, and a doctor all at the same time so I could screw everybody...just serious.When I was in elementary school I was going to be a lawyer. In middle school I wanted to be a horse rancher/rodeo cowboy. Now in my senior year of high school I have decided on computer engineering, but I'm thinking of switching majors to mechanical engineering. Sooooo, I'll probably end up working at a best buy or something

Went to college and became a CFO.
Hmmmm, CFO's are my primary clientel, hmmm sales pitch time...Do you know how much it costs everytime someone in your office hits "File, Print?" on their printer? My company can help you assess your entire document printing environment which includes your printers, faxes, and copy machines. We take a look at how much you are spending today and find ways to increase your productivity, make you more efficient through streamlining and new technology, and help you lower your overall document output costs. If I cant show you in 10 minutes that my service can save your company 15% or more then I will simply say thank you for your time and let you be on your way. :club:

When I was in high school, I wanted to be a guy who bangs hot 17-year-olds, so that's what I did. But seriously, I went to college thinking I wanted to be a doctor, but it turned out the cliche was true and it was actually my parents who wanted me to be a doctor. Now I'm a bond trader. Shrug.

Am I the only guy who has never known what they wanted to do? The only dream I ever had as a kid was to play in the NHL, but I always knew that I was waay to terrible to have a shot. So I've been in no-mans land ever since...

Am I the only guy who has never known what they wanted to do?
No. And I actually think it relates to me now. When I was REALLY little, (3-5) I wanted to be a real estate appraiser, because that's what my dad did, and he would take me along to the cool jobs he'd have to do, like 4 million dollar houses out in the Hamptons, etc. After I found out the majority of his work dealt with normal everyday houses, I kind of lost interest. After that, I really never thought about it again until high school, when I was so unprepared for it I just said, "Ah F*ck it! I'll just be a cop."I'm currently at Farmingdale State University studying Criminal Justice, with absolutely no idea where I'm going to be in 5 years.
When I was REALLY little, (3-5) I wanted to be a real estate appraiser,
That's funny, because I am a real estate appraiser and when I'm teaching classes, I use the line "There's NO ONE who dreams of becoming a real estate appraiser as a kid..."Thanks for shattering my schtick...Yeah, the benefits of working million + homes are great, but it's mostly hum drum...
That's funny, because I am a real estate appraiser and when I'm teaching classes, I use the line "There's NO ONE who dreams of becoming a real estate appraiser as a kid..."Thanks for shattering my schtick...
muahahahah i ruin another misconception..i know require you to change your shtick to "No one dreams of becoming a real estate appraiser as a kid.. except for this guy called CW on the internet. He's a total badass. What was I talking about again? Oh yeah, class dismissed, ladies, go have sex with CW."Thanks. I'll be at your next siminar to make sure you're keeping up on that.

Pro Athlete (Football, Baseball)Was on my way. Had opportunities to play Division 1 football, played semi-pro, and had a few baseball tryouts, but "Sex, drugs and RR" happened instead :club: Going to the next party and banging everthing in sight was way to important to me at the time.

I always wanted to be an astronaut or a scientist. In less than two months I'm starting up at Georgia Tech and studying Engineering. At least I didn't get too far off the mark.

Hmmmm, CFO's are my primary clientel, hmmm sales pitch time...Do you know how much it costs everytime someone in your office hits "File, Print?" on their printer? My company can help you assess your entire document printing environment which includes your printers, faxes, and copy machines. We take a look at how much you are spending today and find ways to increase your productivity, make you more efficient through streamlining and new technology, and help you lower your overall document output costs. If I cant show you in 10 minutes that my service can save your company 15% or more then I will simply say thank you for your time and let you be on your way. :D
You assume we have office equipment that has a File, Print button. You know what happens when you assume?I need a case of :se8693lg7ek.jpgcarbon paper for u youngstersfor my:untitled1ja1.pnga snazzy IBM typewriter.Just remember, any new vendors are requred to be me lunch, preferably at the local "tuck a buck." and a broccoli - free Neg O would be nice.Make it happen DNA :club:

i wanted to be a truck driver, because it seemed like all they did was drive around, eat all-day breakfasts 3 times a day, hang out with a shaggy dog, listen to the radio and make $40 an hour.then i drove my parents minivan for the first time (hellooo 95 ford winstar with no brakes) and changed my mind.

I wanted to be a lawyer (Gr. 3), then Mechanic (Gr. 8), then electronic technician (Gr. 10), did co-op for electronics...... Which sucked so I went to college for web development and now I run a web biz.

I wanted to be a meteorologist til grade 10, then a journalist til freshman year of college. Now I'm in school to be a psychologist.