Protege Live Webcast: Starting Time Changed

Ever hear of "technical difficulties beyond our control"You people expect absolute perfection all the time?It amazes me how many people complain but not 1 person says THANKS DANIEL FOR DOING THIS FOR US LIVE AND FREE TO VIEW!
I think DN is great for poker and great for Canada for that matter but please don't expect me to be thankful for a poorly organized publicity event for someone's business venture. DN and Full Contact aren't broadcasting this out of the goodness of their hearts. Let's get a little reality check there.
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this is what you get when you are a pioneer. Daniel is ahead of the curve enough that it is normal to experience the glitches.Setup is great and the first protege event is happening. You are seeing it live on a webcast. There is no WPT trying to find some way to extort a payperview out of players.I vote this is great, despite the glitches.

I may have paid 5 bucks if it was smoother to watch
I am impressed with the video feed though. Very smooth (even on my slower than average DSL). I have not had a chance to watch with sound, so that may have an effect.
Things like this happen. I know that we would love to watch this match happen ASAP, but in all honesty, the Protege finalists are probably cool with it, and FCP is trying to put together a good production for when this eventually airs - which is when the real benefit is seen.This webcast is more for the community as opposed to the public at large I would think.
Agreed, but things like hole card cams being in the proper order, etc should have been setup before hand along with the video audio etc. I had hoped that was the reason for the 3 hour delay in the broadcast that they were testing everything, but clearly that was another issue entirely...I hope there's a good excuse for the 3 hour late start although I can't think of one...

Do any o you ever read Daniel's blog? I am just asking because he has talked about the tedious nature of production on the WPT in the past. Same situation. The difference is that we are seeing this live which I personally think is pretty cool. I am sure the first WPT wasn't as smooth as the 10th or the 20th, etc. Give them a break. We are pretty lucky to see this. We could have just received a blog entry instead.

**** happens guys, relax.You guys are so quick to judge everything.I think its great what there trying to do here.I must be the only one?
I think it's great too, I'm just saying, they are making themselves look pretty bad....They had a great idea to generate traffic to their site, however they implemented it poorly...Not entirely their fault I'm sure...
**** happens guys, relax.You guys are so quick to judge everything.I think its great what there trying to do here.I must be the only one?
Seriously. I cannot believe how absolutely anal most of these posters are. As if you're entitled to something here. Besides, if you multi-table, watch tv, read a book, or (gasp!) talk to real live humans then the wait isn't quite so tedious.
Do any o you ever read Daniel's blog? I am just asking because he has talked about the tedious nature of production on the WPT in the past. Same situation. The difference is that we are seeing this live which I personally think is pretty cool. I am sure the first WPT wasn't as smooth as the 10th or the 20th, etc. Give them a break. We are pretty lucky to see this. We could have just received a blog entry instead.
I :club: Theresa.
anyone know what that is GMT
Greenwich Mean Time I thinkDo you need a plug-in to watch the webcast? All I have is a blank screen...
I think it's great too, I'm just saying, they are making themselves look pretty bad....They had a great idea to generate traffic to their site, however they implemented it poorly...Not entirely their fault I'm sure...
When this thing actually airs, my guess is that they won't look bad at all. It's ALL about the TV spot, not the webcast. The webcast is strictly an added bonus...
You guys should be supporting daniel here, not throwing him and FCP under the bus!
None of this has ANYTHING to do with Daniel.