Protege Live Webcast: Starting Time Changed

Can I get an update? Who's still in? Someone just get eliminated w/J8s v KQ?
Everyone is in. They played a couple of hands then something went wrong with the hole cams so they broke so they can get them fixed. The J8 and KQ hand is just a test hand from the looks of it. Also, I believe Mrs. C is chip leader.
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I hope someone is taping the conversation ... the air must be turning blue with the comments.Tomorrow's Toronto Job Ads: "WANTED: video webtechs with webcasting experience to replace team of kangaroos hired in error. Knowledge of video webcasting and able to plan breakfast a must. Additional skills: Able to focus a camera. Must be willing to test all equipement in advance. Must be organized, organized, organized."The tech team may be complaining olf a "Bad Beat" later ... hehehe ... if you get my drift ...

Before we get off topic, which is probably too late.Anyone know the starting chip count?I dont think this was addressed yetAnyone confirm?
Good question, I don't think we ever got a confirmation. Mrs. C bet a $5K chip and it seemed like she had a lot more. They must have started with some pretty big stacks.
Good question, I don't think we ever got a confirmation. Mrs. C bet a $5K chip and it seemed like she had a lot more. They must have started with some pretty big stacks.
Yeah it's a few pages back, it looks like they started with $100 - $200K depending on the value of the green chips which might be 10K chips....

Those of you who are satisfied with what you are seeing and getting then feel free to ignore the posts for those of us who are suggesting we are less then satisfied.With that said I feel it would be naive of ME (and me only) to feel "lucky" to have someone's business interests promoted in a maner that was less then professional. I don't buy that FCP's motivations for doing a live webcast is simply to do a favour for their community of players. Daniel is a very wealthy, successful, and grounded individual. I would suggest he does not need and I suspect he would not want my pity nor would he care about my gratitude or lack there of. FCP promoted an event to their community. So far the delivery of what they promoted has been underewhelming. I hope they learn from this event and improve for the future. I think the feedback from their community will help them do that. Being honest about how you really feel should never be seen as being non supportive. It creates a dialogue. FCP claims to be about their community so the only thing I do feel "entitled" too is the ability to give honest feedback about anything FCP puts out there. You are all "entilted" to disagree.

Those of you who are satisfied with what you are seeing and getting then feel free to ignore the posts for those of us who are suggesting we are less then satisfied.With that said I feel it would be naive of ME (and me only) to feel "lucky" to have someone's business interests promoted in a maner that was less then professional. I don't buy that FCP's motivations for doing a live webcast is simply to do a favour for their community of players. Daniel is a very wealthy, successful, and grounded individual. I would suggest he does not need and I suspect he would not want my pity nor would he care about my gratitude or lack there of. FCP promoted an event to their community. So far the delivery of what they promoted has been underewhelming. I hope they learn from this event and improve for the future. I think the feedback from their community will help them do that. Being honest about how you really feel should never be seen as being non supportive. It creates a dialogue. FCP claims to be about their community so the only thing I do feel "entitled" too is the ability to give honest feedback about anything FCP puts out there. You are all "entilted" to disagree.
Very well written post. Who care's?I blame Canada.
I want to :club: , but Theresa says I have no life....so instead I'll do this :icon_hand:save yourself from the flames quick!
Well said, couldn't agree more. I'm sure Daniel is less than pleased and understands that this event should have been better prepared
Relax, its a online webcast.
Well said, couldn't agree more. I'm sure Daniel is less than pleased and understands that this event should have been better prepared
Daniel is the victim in all of this...We should see something in his blog about how dissapointed he was...
Those of you who are satisfied with what you are seeing and getting then feel free to ignore the posts for those of us who are suggesting we are less then satisfied.
I'll throw in my 2 cents. :D While I appreciate all the hard work and thought that went into the concept of this event, there are several bugs that definitely should have been fixed before the broadcast. I think it's great that Daniel and Full Contact are willing to provide a free live webcast of this event. It just seems that they could have put a little more technical thought into the webcast. :D I just wish they'd leave the sound on for us to hear! :D It was quite fun listening to the flubs. :club: Mandie
I'll throw in my 2 cents. :) While I appreciate all the hard work and thought that went into the concept of this event, there are several bugs that definitely should have been fixed before the broadcast. I think it's great that Daniel and Full Contact are willing to provide a free live webcast of this event. It just seems that they could have put a little more technical thought into the webcast. :) I just wish they'd leave the sound on for us to hear! :D It was quite fun listening to the flubs. :D Mandie
Once again :D , but :club: IT WAS FREE lolLooks like everyone is getting seated, less talk of production quality more talk of poker...k thx bye

I really liked the commentary Daniel was giving on the hands immediately prior to the sound going south for the winter. With luck, the rest of the event and the commentary will be available with the hands to download off the site. I think it would be interesting.Question out there: Anyone know if they are keeping hand records?Oh oh, looks like they are getting ready to start!

Trust me guys... I see both sides. Should today have run smoother? Of course. No one is going to deny that. However, what is done is done. We have a choice. We can moan and complain or we can accept the fact that the production is having issues and move on. This is very new for an internet site and I am sure the players involved have not done this before. It is not like you can open up your local phone book and find the title " People Who Have Made Poker Shows Before". The ones who have are working for the WPT, WSOP, etc. I am sure they will learn from this. Am I disappointed? Yeah, a bit. Like you all, I have been looking forward to this as well. But what is done, is done. Once it is back up, I plan on enjoying every moment. Hope you do as well.

Trust me guys... I see both sides. Should today have run smoother? Of course. No one is going to deny that. However, what is done is done. We have a choice. We can moan and complain or we can accept the fact that the production is having issues and move on. This is very new for an internet site and I am sure the players involved have not done this before. It is not like you can open up your local phone book and find the title " People Who Have Made Poker Shows Before". The ones who have are working for the WPT, WSOP, etc. I am sure they will learn from this. Am I disappointed? Yeah, a bit. Like you all, I have been looking forward to this as well. But what is done, is done. Once it is back up, I plan on enjoying every moment. Hope you do as well.
:club::D:D:D Now back to the action this discussion is over!

When you are ahead of the curve, you have to deal with oncoming traffic.SOUND!!

Hey Guys,As you probably saw we had technical difficulties with one of the cameras, so production had to stop. Remember this is being filmed for television.FYI, during breaks sound is cut out of the video. It's getting started again!Cheers!