I Called In Sick Today

people with drive are never happy. don't feel bad, I got here mostly by making bad decisions.and since I started down memory lane, may as well go the whole distance. some gold from one of my favorite guys. I still talk with him sometimes on LJ.bemoaning that he couldn't turn poker players into tradersweighing in on scumgiving advice to negreanuholy fuck, these two, check the date:http://groups.google.com/group/rec.gamblin...d71e?hl=en&http://groups.google.com/group/rec.gamblin...1382?hl=en&
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I'm starting to think I want to go the tax accountant route, but then I think of people like SA who is going to law school for that shit and is undoubtadly going to be better prepared than I am and then I start freaking out and thinking maybe I should go to law school, but I don't want to do that. So, I'm just going to go live in a van down by the river.
Why do you need to go to law school to be a tax accountant?

yeah i looked at mba/jd programs back in the day....if you do one of those at a great school you can pretty much tell everyone to blow you for the rest of your life.

In my not-so-vast experience, people who go to law school just because it's something to do to make money don't end up even doing all that well. You have to give a shit in order to do well enough to get jobs with firms that will bring you that kind of money.
Is there some other reason to go to law school?

Yeah that'd be nice mk but I don't think I can get into one of those type programs with my grades even if I did kick ass on the GMAT. Plus I'm not sure I'd want to take on the massive amount of debt that comes with those types of programs.

I realized, after thinking about how much it will cost to live on my own, that I actually don't really give a fuck about this interview. this job I have now is half-irritating, half-fun, and I keep more money than I would at WF. I suspect I'd end up dipping into what I've saved just to take this job, for that first year at least.haha, THIS ECONOMY

yeah i looked at mba/jd programs back in the day....if you do one of those at a great school you can pretty much tell everyone to blow you for the rest of your life.
I mean, shake could, and does, do that. The key is that the Yale MBA/JD gets paid millions per hour to tell people to blow him.
Is there some other reason to go to law school?
1. You want something that guarantees good money if you do decently well.2. You enjoy arguing and think that means you'd be a good lawyer.3. You specifically care about a certain area of law that you want to get into in order to make a difference.
This is very true. It's really weird, because getting an MBA from a normal school is barely important, but at a great school, basically guarantees you a VP position within 10 years.Dammit, Beans.
I mean, shake could do that. The key is that the Yale MBA/JD gets paid millions per hour to tell people to blow him.
Who the hell do I have to screw to get into Yale's MBA program!?!
Yeah that'd be nice mk but I don't think I can get into one of those type programs with my grades even if I did kick ass on the GMAT. Plus I'm not sure I'd want to take on the massive amount of debt that comes with those types of programs.
b school admissions more about work experience and test scores than grades. also helps if you can pay straight cashe homey. work some more and save your bills b
Who the hell do I have to screw to get into Yale's MBA program!?!
Oh, now he wants to screw someone other than his wife.
b school admissions more about work experience and test scores than grades.
Like brv said, these days an MBA is usually only worth it if it's from a top or second tier school. For that you still need good grades...while a 4.0 alone won't get you in anywhere, a 3.0 can be hard to overcome.

Yeah, I'm working with a 3.3 from a state school. Not to mention at my current job it will be impossible to save up enough to go in any reasonable amount of time. Right now I'm internally deciding between a) getting a job in a new city altogether, maybe see what they have for MBA programs in the area b) getting a new job here in des Moines and getting an MBA from either Iowa state or Drake c) stay at my current job and get MBA from ISU/drake since theyll mostly pay for it or d-f) all the same without getting MBA

You guys.

today, I randomly looked over at my coworker and said, "hey, I have an idea." picked up the phone, dialed my boss--who is 15 feet away in an office, well within earshot--and said, "this conversation is over" as soon as she answered, then hung up on her.she just muttered, "what the hell?" after I hung up. we're on great terms, believe it or not.
This is pretty great.
  • Like 1
Like brv said, these days an MBA is usually only worth it if it's from a top or second tier school. For that you still need good grades...while a 4.0 alone won't get you in anywhere, a 3.0 can be hard to overcome.
i went to a pretty good school and you'd be surprised how many people didn't have great undergrad grades. b school is as much about the network as the content and they'd rather have people who have had success and already have a network in the real world above book smart geeks with no social skills, true story. good grades help, of course.
do not go to law school. i repeat do not go to law school. it is a waste of time and money.
unless you can go to a top 15 school. it's still worth it in the top tier. that's about it though.
It's really weird, because getting an MBA from a normal school is barely important, but at a great school, basically guarantees you a VP position within 10 years.
Like brv said, these days an MBA is usually only worth it if it's from a top or second tier school.
unless you can go to a top 15 school. it's still worth it in the top tier. that's about it though.
Damn, I wish I thought of that earlier. Go to a top school. It all seems so obvious now.
  • Like 1
I'm starting to think I want to go the tax accountant route, but then I think of people like SA who is going to law school for that shit and is undoubtadly going to be better prepared than I am and then I start freaking out and thinking maybe I should go to law school, but I don't want to do that. So, I'm just going to go live in a van down by the river.
wat?
Oh, theres like 5% chance I'll actually go to law school. I'm just saying that I feel like I'm already behind the eight ball in my new career and I haven't even started it yet. I'm not very happy right now. Which, I know is probably insensitive to strat's situation, but there it is.
LOL @ 5%.
Oh, now he wants to screw someone other than his wife.
Whoever it is, we know she won't be as hot as his wife so it will be a let down anyway.

you know, if that akoff guy really does own his own business an make a bunch of money and stuff and I'm here making what I make then, jesus, I should probably just kill myself right?

Yeah, THAT'S the reason you should kill yourself, Shake. Don't worry though, I'm right there with you. We can have a suicide party! We can catch brown recluses, get bit, and see who lasts longest and the other can hold that above the other for the rest of their life.

good grades help, of course.
That's all I'm saying. Realistically, grades, test scores, and job experience are all weighted fairly similarly. If you have incredible job experience but a 2.5 undergrad GPA, you're still not getting in until you take more classes and prove you've matured and can now hack it in an academic environment. Well, probably. I'm not sure why I'm pretending to care about this. Boredom?
Damn, I wish I thought of that earlier. Go to a top school. It all seems so obvious now.
You know that's not our point.
Yeah, THAT'S the reason you should kill yourself, Shake.
Gold!