I Called In Sick Today

Hmm.....CONGRATULATIONS! You have been selected for the opportunity to purchase tickets to potential 2010 National League Division Series ("NLDS") games scheduled to be played at Great American Ball Park.You may purchase up to six (6) tickets to each potential game of the NLDS, on a first-come, first-served basis, subject to availability by game.
Bah!Thank you for registering for a chance to purchase tickets for the Reds Postseason. Unfortunately, your entry was not selected at this time for our online National League Division Series (NLDS) sale.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I had a meeting this morning with an 86 year old man and his wife. He informed me early on that he immigrated here from Poland. When I asked the simple follow up question of; "When did you come to this country?" He proceeded to tell me his life story.He was in a concentration camp for years. One of only 27 people to survive. All the others were beheaded with a guillotine, including his brother.It was the most interesting meeting I have ever had with a person whom I will not be able to help. When I thanked him for sharing his story he asked if I would like a copy of his book, to which I replied "sure". He proceeded to go downstairs and get a copy from his car. He dedicated it for me and signed it. I was very moved by this man. Here is his book, I found this picture online. I am guessing he did not sell many copies.157868.jpg
I'll buy a copy of that book, right now, if he has another one for sale. I can mail him cash, money order, paypal, whatever.
Hmm.....CONGRATULATIONS! You have been selected for the opportunity to purchase tickets to potential 2010 National League Division Series ("NLDS") games scheduled to be played at Great American Ball Park.You may purchase up to six (6) tickets to each potential game of the NLDS, on a first-come, first-served basis, subject to availability by game.
haha, just got this...Thank you for registering for a chance to purchase tickets for the Reds Postseason. Unfortunately, your entry was not selected at this time for our online National League Division Series (NLDS) sale.Cool, you want to go?! I definately want to get some tickets!
I had a meeting this morning with an 86 year old man and his wife. He informed me early on that he immigrated here from Poland. When I asked the simple follow up question of; "When did you come to this country?" He proceeded to tell me his life story.He was in a concentration camp for years. One of only 27 people to survive. All the others were beheaded with a guillotine, including his brother.It was the most interesting meeting I have ever had with a person whom I will not be able to help. When I thanked him for sharing his story he asked if I would like a copy of his book, to which I replied "sure". He proceeded to go downstairs and get a copy from his car. He dedicated it for me and signed it. I was very moved by this man. Here is his book, I found this picture online. I am guessing he did not sell many copies.157868.jpg
Very cool.
haha, just got this...Thank you for registering for a chance to purchase tickets for the Reds Postseason. Unfortunately, your entry was not selected at this time for our online National League Division Series (NLDS) sale.Cool, you want to go?! I definately want to get some tickets!
How do these things work? Can I just forward you the link and let you buy tix? I'm... busy that day.
Really if anyone wants to go let me know. Great American Ballpark is a newer park and pretty awesome. It sits on the river and there's tons of cool bars and restaurants around it (downtown and over the bridge in KY) as well.
I... actually might do this. I love playoff baseball, and I actually have a pretty big "Reds to win the NL" position. I can barely predict where I'm going to be in a week, let alone 3-4 weeks, but if I'm available, I'd definitely consider driving down to Cincy for a day and watching some bases. My biggest concern is how unimpressed you/anyone would be with me in person, but we can probably work something out where we lie about each other and say we're totally cool. It sounds like it might be pretty fun to go to Great American Ballpark with Deb and Randy, pretend I'm their son. The really hilarious move would be to persuade Jenny, if we're still dating, to come with me, but even I'm not that fucking stupid. I don't think I'm that stupid, anyway.
I... actually might do this. I love playoff baseball, and I actually have a pretty big "Reds to win the NL" position. I can barely predict where I'm going to be in a week, let alone 3-4 weeks, but if I'm available, I'd definitely consider driving down to Cincy for a day and watching some bases. My biggest concern is how unimpressed you/anyone would be with me in person, but we can probably work something out where we lie about each other and say we're totally cool. It sounds like it might be pretty fun to go to Great American Ballpark with Deb and Randy, pretend I'm their son. The really hilarious move would be to persuade Jenny, if we're still dating, to come with me, but even I'm not that fucking stupid. I don't think I'm that stupid, anyway.
Actually that would be awesome. Having the girls around would keep us from being total idiots. We could just be normal guy idiots.View from Riverboat Row in Kentucky.gab.jpg
You are easily that stupid. And we are better for it.
I can't imagine anything more entertaining that reading summaries of the experience from all four perspectives:Randy: "I had a good time. I'm glad everyone came down and hung out. After a few beers I made some inappropriate comments that were met with awkward laughter and angry looks from TB. His girlfriend is cute, likes baseball, and called Wang a pussy for being sober when she got drunk."Wang: "So Randy's a total fucking asshole. I asked him, very nicely, to keep me out of trouble. 'You've never seen Jenny before -- oh yeah, her real name's Brynn by the way -- and no making jokes about rhinoplasty or calling her a Jew.' So of course, when we make it to Cincy Randy is already 4 beers deep. 'Nice to meet you Jenny. I mean, Brynn. You look even more beautiful than the picture he showed all of us. So have you ever met any of Wang's, uh, Derek's ex-girlfriends?' Jenny went from confused to disturbed pretty quickly. She didn't buy my explanation of how I have a 50-year-old friend that lives in Cincinnati that I've never met before. I think we're going to break up."Deborah: "The guy who wrote me the birthday message a few years back is strange. He'll start talking to strangers -- vendors, people sitting in front of us, whatever -- and when most people would just stop, he keeps going until the situation is incredibly awkward and uncomfortable. Also, he kept calling me Rob Dibble all night, which was weird."Jenny: "I felt like the entire night was a big joke at my expense. I gotta get out of this relationship."
Speaking of checks, check rec'd. Thanks boys.Stafford has played 11 games and Bradford 1. They play for crap teams. Young QB's on bad teams will take a while. JS.
Well.....thanks for that amazing insight.Again, not a fan of either team but these two guys will get it done in the NFL barring major injuries of course.
I can't imagine anything more entertaining that reading summaries of the experience from all four perspectives:Randy: "I had a good time. I'm glad everyone came down and hung out. After a few beers I made some inappropriate comments that were met with awkward laughter and angry looks from TB. His girlfriend is cute, likes baseball, and called Wang a pussy for being sober when she got drunk."Wang: "So Randy's a total fucking asshole. I asked him, very nicely, to keep me out of trouble. 'You've never seen Jenny before -- oh yeah, her real name's Brynn by the way -- and no making jokes about rhinoplasty or calling her a Jew.' So of course, when we make it to Cincy Randy is already 4 beers deep. 'Nice to meet you Jenny. I mean, Brynn. You look even more beautiful than the picture he showed all of us. So have you ever met any of Wang's, uh, Derek's ex-girlfriends?' Jenny went from confused to disturbed pretty quickly. She didn't buy my explanation of how I have a 50-year-old friend that lives in Cincinnati that I've never met before. I think we're going to break up."Deborah: "The guy who wrote me the birthday message a few years back is strange. He'll start talking to strangers -- vendors, people sitting in front of us, whatever -- and when most people would just stop, he keeps going until the situation is incredibly awkward and uncomfortable. Also, he kept calling me Rob Dibble all night, which was weird."Jenny: "I felt like the entire night was a big joke at my expense. I gotta get out of this relationship."
Napa: "Nobody was fuckin there at the airport to pick me up. I had to hitch hike to the stadium eventually getting picked up by an elderly man named Wilbur who reeked of pigeons and kept calling me "Stephen". Once at the stadium, nobody at will call had any idea what I was talking about so I decided to buy a scalped ticket. Got hosed. It was a fake. It started raining and I was without a coat so I called Wilbur from a payphone and he graciously picked me up and allowed me to stay at his house for the evening. We watched Antiques Roadshow before calling it a "late night" at 9 pm. I changed me ticket and got a flight back the next morning. Wilbur gave me an awkwardly long hug at the terminal."

Its such a small world... just got thisThank you for taking the time to write is such a threatening letter. Unfortunately, the FBI was not interested at this time to pursue an investigation into who beans-n-icewater is or why all of the sports talk in the sick thread makes him want to terrorize our online National League Division Series (NLDS) sale.Yeah, Im in a fowl mood this afternoon...probably because of this incident(doc enters examining room)"Whats up Beans?""Well....I have a slight flare up this morning"(doc glances at ice pack between my ass and chair)"I see....you still on that high fiber diet?""Yeah....thanks to you I shit three to five times a day...sometimes once or twice that I dont even know about""Hot sauce again?""Yep...some shit called Slap Your Mama or something....and trust me...doing that didnt ease the pain one damn bit""Alright...(scribbles on pad)....Im calling you in a script...go pick it up and follow the directions""Percocets or morphine?""Those dont mix well with that beer there....this will fix ya right up...you should be back to normal in a day or two"(Beans finally worms a few pain killers from his grasp before limping up to the receptionist with doc following)"Nanc, call Medi-Kill for me....Beans needs....uh....give him twelve.....rectal rockets"Now the instant my good old buddy said those last two words I glanced into the lobby at the fifteen people looking directly back at me. I have little or no shame at this point in my life, so I figured that Id up the ante a little and really give my audience something to remember me by..."YEAH...AND THIS TIME TELL THEM THAT I WANT THE ONES WITH BUMPS ON THEM GODDAMMIT!...BIG ONES!" Of course after I got home the misery was over so I havent even opened the box. Im almost afraid to.

I'll buy a copy of that book, right now, if he has another one for sale. I can mail him cash, money order, paypal, whatever.
I go back and forth about reading book like that...sometimes I think it's important to really have a grip on the shit people are capable of doing, but most of the time I prefer living in a bubble and not thinking about how badly some people have it, even in this day and age.But you might just be buying it because it might be worth something one day, I don't know.
I feel like I might look into Cincinatti. I really need a vacation.
I'll take "sentences never spoken in succession" for $100.
Well.....thanks for that amazing insight.
Easy there, cowboy.
I go back and forth about reading book like that...sometimes I think it's important to really have a grip on the shit people are capable of doing, but most of the time I prefer living in a bubble and not thinking about how badly some people have it, even in this day and age.But you might just be buying it because it might be worth something one day, I don't know.
It has nothing to do with it being 'worth' anything. I'll just give it to he museum in Skokie when I'm done, if they don't already have a copy.There's actually a guy in my neighborhood who was a concentration camp alumni. Tattoo, whole nine. He was Polish, not Jewish, and doesn't talk about it.There aren't but a handful of those people left who saw that shit first hand. We should really reach out to them (the tiny fraction that remain) and hear what they have to say. In more 10 years, encountering one will be a needle in 100 haystacks. 15 or 20, they'll all be gone.
There's actually a guy in my neighborhood who was a concentration camp alumni. Tattoo, whole nine. He was Polish, not Jewish, and doesn't talk about it.There aren't but a handful of those people left who saw that shit first hand. We should really reach out to them (the tiny fraction that remain) and hear what they have to say. In more 10 years, encountering one will be a needle in 100 haystacks. 15 or 20, they'll all be gone.
Even out of the fraction that's left, there's a percentage of them that won't (or can't) talk about the experience, like the guy in your neighborhood, and I don't blame them. My grandfather was that way about the war (he was on the beach at Normandy) until he got to the point where he started getting a bit loopy and lost his filter. But at this point I think it's all fairly well documented...it's just that people have to care enough to find the information and stories that are already out there. It's too bad that you learn about this kind of thing in high school, when most kids are too sociopathic to really think about what happened, and then most adults are too busy (or like to think of themselves as too busy) to continue learning about...anything.
I had a meeting this morning with an 86 year old man and his wife. He informed me early on that he immigrated here from Poland. When I asked the simple follow up question of; "When did you come to this country?" He proceeded to tell me his life story.He was in a concentration camp for years. One of only 27 people to survive. All the others were beheaded with a guillotine, including his brother.It was the most interesting meeting I have ever had with a person whom I will not be able to help. When I thanked him for sharing his story he asked if I would like a copy of his book, to which I replied "sure". He proceeded to go downstairs and get a copy from his car. He dedicated it for me and signed it. I was very moved by this man. Here is his book, I found this picture online. I am guessing he did not sell many copies.
one would think the saltiest of the meats would be my favorite. I really like salt. but this is not the case.
this is why I like strategy the most.
It has nothing to do with it being 'worth' anything. I'll just give it to he museum in Skokie when I'm done, if they don't already have a copy.There's actually a guy in my neighborhood who was a concentration camp alumni. Tattoo, whole nine. He was Polish, not Jewish, and doesn't talk about it.There aren't but a handful of those people left who saw that shit first hand. We should really reach out to them (the tiny fraction that remain) and hear what they have to say. In more 10 years, encountering one will be a needle in 100 haystacks. 15 or 20, they'll all be gone.
We have a foundation here that Spielberg founded, which is dedicated to collecting and preserving these first hand accounts. They have interviewed thousands of people and videotaped them talking about it. The Shoah Foundation