I Called In Sick Today

I'm not sure he could get more pay for accounting jobs because of it, but if he ever decided to go into something not related to accounting it would be helpful.
This is kind of assuming I don't get an internship for this spring where I can't take any classes.Few possible scenarios:Get internship where I can take classes:Take 6-9 credits this spring and then finish up in the summer and start work or grad school in fallGet internship where I can't take classes:Either find a job in the summer and finish up in the fallORTake some summer classes while working part time, and then finish up in fallORFinish up in the summer, work/grad school in fallDon't get internship:Take 18 credits in spring, study/take CPA exam in the summer, get a job or go to grad school in fallORTake 12 credits in spring, take 6 in summer, study/take CPA exam in the summer, get a job or grad school in fallI'm sure I'm missing one or two, but that's the just of it. I should know this week if I get any second interviews and I have another first interview this week. If nothing happens I'm going to start sending out resumes to smaller firms in the Ames/Des Moines area that don't actively recruit.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Rescue Group Organizer (RGO): Hi, is this speedz?Speedz: Yeah.RGO: Hi, this is RGO. You were interested in possibly fostering a dog for us?Speedz: Oh, hi. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.RGO: Sure thing. I'd like to tell you about our rescue group if you have a few minutes, and you can let me know if you have any questions.Speedz: Ok. [pauses Curb Your Enthusiasm] RGO: Well we do things a bit differently than most organizations...our foster homes are very involved throughout the process. You would actually be the one going to the shelter or pound to pick up the dog of your choice. Then you get to know his or her personality, and you would be the one that takes the pictures and creates the Petfinder profile. The possible adopters would be getting in touch directly with you...you set the adoption fee, meet with interested people, and eventually choose the home your foster will go to.Speedz: ...RGO: We support you and call any applicant's references.Speedz: [hits play]RGO: Wah wah wah, wah wah, wah wah wah wah.Speedz: ...RGO: ...Speedz: Oh, what?RGO: Do you think you might be interested in fostering with us?Speedz: [pauses Curb ] Well, like I wrote on the application, I can only take in a dog that has already been proven to be good with cats. I can't really just go to the pound, grab a dog, and hope it doesn't eat my cats. Why don't you send me over your information and I'll take a look and get back to you. [hits play]RGO: Wah wah wah wah. Wah wah wah, wah wah wah wah wah wah wah.Speedz: Huh?RGO: What?Speedz: Ok, thanks, I'll let you know.Basically, this "rescue group" does absolutely nothing. I'm now realizing that this isn't a very funny story, but I spent at least four minutes writing it, so I at least hope it wasn't painfully bad.

Oh geez, the Bungles tried their best to give that game away or come away with a tie (like last year) but we won in the last second again. (of overtime) Of course we had to miss an extra point for the win to even get to that stage but, nonetheless we did.I finally watched I Love you, man last night since I heard it had some Rush references in it. Wow, it was a ton of Rush stuff which made me geddy as hell. In alot of ways it was eerily similar to my life. Since I moved100 miles away from my hometown I don't really have many friends I see. The one that is closest to me isa weird Rush fan. And yes, I did drag Deb to see them with my friend in tow. I am no where near as gayas that guy though, unfortunately. If I could bungle nicknames for my guy friends like he did I could die happy.Yo, Speedorific man.Hey, OuchadouchadolaWangsterpanksterdudie
oh wow... i think i love YOU, man. did you just kinda call me your guy friend? wanna go away next weekend? i know a great B&B in wine country.
That was inferred in the ellipses. It's like "yadda yadda yadda."
Gotcha.
Speedz: Oh, hey, a guy on my softball team wants to introduce me to this oncologist his wife is friends with.Dad: A woman?Speedz: Are you saying you think I'm gay or you don't think women can be oncologists?Dad: Don't tell your mother I said that.
That's damn funny. That's up there with the "Shit my dad says" Twitter feed.sidenote: I hate getting up to bat when we have two outs.
He might be a jew, but I just don't think he's capable of playing middleman in a dog adoption ponzi scheme.
of course not. he needs to be cfo minimum.
Oh geez, the Bungles tried their best to give that game away or come away with a tie (like last year) but we won in the last second again. (of overtime) Of course we had to miss an extra point for the win to even get to that stage but, nonetheless we did.I finally watched I Love you, man last night since I heard it had some Rush references in it. Wow, it was a ton of Rush stuff which made me geddy as hell. In alot of ways it was eerily similar to my life. Since I moved100 miles away from my hometown I don't really have many friends I see. The one that is closest to me isa weird Rush fan. And yes, I did drag Deb to see them with my friend in tow. I am no where near as gayas that guy though, unfortunately. If I could bungle nicknames for my guy friends like he did I could die happy.Yo, Speedorific man.Hey, OuchadouchadolaWangsterpanksterdudie
Someone fell off the wagon.
He might be a jew, but I just don't think he's capable of playing middleman in a dog adoption ponzi scheme.
of course not. he needs to be cfo minimum.
definitely not seeing adequate levels of compensation for his dog-moving business
I ate too much for dinner.
I thoroughly enjoyed this exchange.I actually laughed a lot during this catch-up and I quoted a bunch of stuff, but I didn't have anything to say, so then I deleted all of them. So everyone who posted since my last post, give yourself a pat on the back (especially Jubi and speedz). By the way, I didn't really want to talk about The Box; I just wanted to make the "Do Not Push the Red Button" joke.
I thoroughly enjoyed this exchange.I actually laughed a lot during this catch-up and I quoted a bunch of stuff, but I didn't have anything to say, so then I deleted all of them. So everyone who posted since my last post, give yourself a pat on the back (especially Jubi and speedz). By the way, I didn't really want to talk about The Box; I just wanted to make the "Do Not Push the Red Button" joke.
can speedz and I pat each other on the back?
can speedz and I pat each other on the back?
Simultaneously?!?!Regarding that Antichrist movie...that movie poster is pretty sexy, right? I can see how you got drawn in.By the way, anybody know who is playing tonight on MNF?
By the way, anybody know who is playing tonight on MNF?
Haven't heard. I wasn't even sure if there was a game.
It only counts if three different posters respond.**Any responses after this post will not be considered in JJJ's near win.
Hmm, I don't know about that. I think you may have missed a base.*steps on rubber**steps off rubber**throws to Jubi*

So I'm commish in my frat's fantasy football league (just for fun, no money involved) and last week, a friend voted against me (which he was right to do so, I was a 30 point underdog or something like that), but I ended up squeaking out a victory somehow, mainly because two of his guys scored 0 points and the rest of his team underperformed, etc. I then made a post on the message board saying "how dare he vote against me and such", just being dumb. Well this week we played each other and he blew me out, by like 50 points or something. He then made a post saying how he was much better at fantasy football than I am and how I shouldn't have won last game.So, I did what any commish would do, and that would be to bench his entire team and give him -1,000,000 points for the week, cementing a solid 1,000,053 point blowout by me. I can't wait for him to figure out what I've done. Should make for some interesting phone calls or texts.