Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

$100 tops id think. A good gallon of primer+paint will cost $30-40. $20-30 for tray, decent rollers, tape, plastic, a decent brush for edging. You probably only need one gallon but if you buy two most places will let you return it if it's unopened.

• Like 1

Does he get commision on the shed sale?

He does.

Closed already Strat? Congrats!

And, yes, if you're not on a time crunch moving out of the current place absolutely do any painting before moving in. You will be happy you did.

Maybe you've said before but are your poker earnings mostly tourneys or cash? What's the breakdown of time spent in tourneys vs cash games?

I wish they would legalize online poker again. It would be a great way to kill some hotel time while on the road.

Last I checked, it's like 80/20 cash profits versus tourney profits. Okay...just looked. Not counting this month, up $618k lifetime from poker. $113k of that is from MTTs. ($6k from STTs...but I haven't played those in a long time.)

Hard to say on time, because I mix them so much. My guess is that it might be something similar. That said, my routine these days is to fire up 3-6 MTTs on Friday and Saturday evenings along with 4 cash tables. (Sometimes the same on other week nights.) I generally play until I'm finished with the tourneys - usually 3-5 hours. On Sundays, I play about a dozen tourneys and just depends on whether I fire up some cash along the way.

There are a number of options to play in the US. They're just not as big as before. That said, WPN is running a $1m guaranteed this Sunday. Think Bovada is guaranteeing $200k on theirs.

• Like 4

main room of my place is this mildly annoying light green color. I'm weighing whether I should delay moving in by a day to do that painting work. to do it right, what should it cost?

No more than a couple hundo. You need a good roller. Good brush to cut in sides. Primer, paint, blue tape, paint tray and some plastic sheeting

Last I checked, it's like 80/20 cash profits versus tourney profits. Okay...just looked. Not counting this month, up $618k lifetime from poker. $113k of that is from MTTs. ($6k from STTs...but I haven't played those in a long time.)

Hard to say on time, because I mix them so much. My guess is that it might be something similar. That said, my routine these days is to fire up 3-6 MTTs on Friday and Saturday evenings along with 4 cash tables. (Sometimes the same on other week nights.) I generally play until I'm finished with the tourneys - usually 3-5 hours. On Sundays, I play about a dozen tourneys and just depends on whether I fire up some cash along the way.

There are a number of options to play in the US. They're just not as big as before. That said, WPN is running a $1m guaranteed this Sunday. Think Bovada is guaranteeing $200k on theirs.

Cool, thanks. For some reason I was under the impression you played/won a lot more in MTTs than cash but I started questioning that this morning for some reason.

No more than a couple hundo. You need a good roller. Good brush to cut in sides. Primer, paint, blue tape, paint tray and some plastic sheeting

Plus $1.99 a couple time for the GFs fountain drinks.

• Like 1

$100 tops id think. A good gallon of primer+paint will cost $30-40. $20-30 for tray, decent rollers, tape, plastic, a decent brush for edging. You probably only need one gallon but if you buy two most places will let you return it if it's unopened.

do not return it. store it properly so you have it on hand later in the event you need to patch the dry wall.

• Like 1

Cool, thanks. For some reason I was under the impression you played/won a lot more in MTTs than cash but I started questioning that this morning for some reason.

Probably cause tournaments have the glamour. There's a designated start point and end point and you have a goal that can be publicized if you hit it. However, the variance in them is pretty sick. They're definitely not steady income. Cash will always be my bread and butter.

Good call. Probably ought to send me a few Gs too. I'd hate for all that pretty land to suddenly..um...hold on I got something for this...for all that pretty land to go on strike.

boom, subtle threat achieved. I should start a protection racket.

so I went mattress shopping. found the exact mattress I want: posturepedic premier hybrid silver. gonna go find it at one of the 60 other mattress stores in town. the guy was quoting me $2100.

it's remarkable, they show you the $4k model and you're like "this $2500 mid range unit seems very reasonably priced!"

Ha, same happened to me.

Problem with mattress shopping is that while many stores carry the same brands and exact same mattresses, each store has its own name and model number so it's really hard to know if you're comparing apples to apples. But what you're describing sounds like the mattress we got and we really like it.

it's this one with a box spring for $2100:

http://m.us-mattress.com/sealy-pp-hybrid-silver-plush-king.html

I am also going to buy a floor model queen that is extremely comfy for $700, if I go with this guy. but we will see if I can get that mattress cheaper somewhere else, everyone has the throwaway queens for $700 it seems.

Well, I have tomorrow to make $3.5k if I'm going to continue my five-figure month streak. Considering I've only played 9 sessions this month, I suppose I can't be too upset if I don't make it.

So a few hours into my last session of the month, I was up about $400 and kind of resigned to the fact that I wasn't going to make it. Had one biggish MTT left where I got crippled down to 6bb when JJ < QTo all-in on a T83 flop. Kept grinding away at cash while I was "stuck" in it. Doubled...kept playing. Ended up making it into the money...but nothing significant. However, the fact that it kept me playing...well, I went on a run in cash. Despite -$560 in tourneys, finished +$6.7k on the session. So, yay. Streak lives.

• Like 7

He's good at poker?

• Like 1

so I went mattress shopping. found the exact mattress I want: posturepedic premier hybrid silver. gonna go find it at one of the 60 other mattress stores in town. the guy was quoting me $2100.

it's remarkable, they show you the $4k model and you're like "this $2500 mid range unit seems very reasonably priced!"

I don't post here but I do have a mattress store. I'm in a completely different market but it's not like there's that much difference in price between the national chains and my single store. I'll be happy to give you some info.

You're on the right track by lying down on mattresses and then looking at the price but don't spend that amount of money for that mattress. I have no idea what store you were at but a quick online search shows Us-mattress.com has the same mattress listed for 1800 and they're overpriced.

If you're going to drop 2100 on a queen, buy a Tempurpedic Cloud Prima for 1999 and make sure you get the $300 in pillows and mattress protector. You're a guy who likes free money so take advantage of no interest option financing.

edit: I had stopped reading at the above post and didn't realize you wanted a king. Still overpriced. PM or call me.

• Like 1

Well done CB, how did you manage to do that?

Not entirely sure. Some combo of confidence, game selection, and running hot.

Winning that tournament at the end of December that I'd been trying to win for a decade helped the confidence and boosted the bankroll so much that I didn't really have to worry when playing in the biggest games. Also has been my fourth concerted attempt to play 10/20 regularly, so I think I've learned a lot along the way. I think life in general has been going really well too, so I'm not bringing much stress into it.

I used to try to play almost every day. Part of that is good experience, but for about a year, I've been opting to play during prime hours. I think it has boosted my win rate a lot. I also haven't marathoned nearly as much as I used to...so I'm much less likely to be tilted or tired.

And, I actually had my worst session in 21 months several weeks ago when I lost $3.8k. That that's my worst session in that span is really silly considering the stakes that I've been playing.

A friend came to town yesterday to go to a music festival today. But the music festival was moved to a nearby town because the venue had flooding this week.

So we went out and had dinner at a bar and then we went downtown to the arcade bar and played games for awhile and then we went to the strip club where he was telling the strippers it was my birthday. Now I've got a lot of scratches on my back but it was a good time. Lot of fun.

Oh, and he woke up hungover and decided to just go home rather than go to the festival.

I know you don't play them but what's the SNG lobby like on bovada? I wouldn't mind getting back on the grind a little.

Taking a quick glance at the moment...I think up to $100+5 Hyper Turbos go...but probably not super frequently. Looks like hyper turbos and turbos are the most popular. My guess is that the $12+1 and below probably go fairly frequently. I think I also recall hearing that the triple-ups are popular, but I've also heard rumors of collusion there. (I do know that Bovada does actually police them some though, because I've heard of people getting refunded.)

• Like 1