Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Having to train the new guy, mainly. He's probably not dumb but it certainly feels like he is. No critical thinking ability. And I just don't like interacting with people that much as it is. This is my life for the next few months.

But my boss told me that her and my other bosses bonuses are somewhat tied to my performance so it's in their best interest to make sure I kill it this year.

Napa, maybe you need to find somewhere/something to volunteer at. I read recently where people with depression issues were prescribed (for lack of a better word) to volunteer a couple times a week or whatever and that helping others made them feel better about themselves and helped with the depression.

Making baked salmon with a honey/Dijon mustard glaze, steamed broccoli and rice for dinner.

• Like 1

In college we went door to door collecting food stuffs for a homecoming event called "stuff the bus" where all the food went on one of the university buses and then was delivered to a food bank and one house we went to grilled us on what charity it was for and we didn't know because we just knew "stuff the bus" and she went and got food and came back to us and said "you know, If you boys need food just ask. Don't make up a charity. I'll feed you if you need a meal". That was a little awkward.

• Like 1

When I was a kid (12, 13), a friend and I had this great hustle where we'd stand on a particular corner downtown that had a payphone then when we spotted a pigeon, go into a routine where one would accuse the other of incompetence for not having money to make the call and "Sir/Maam, Im sorry to bother you but we have to call our mom. Do you have a fifty cents by any chance?"

We'd bang down $10-$15 in short order, grab a couple slices then hit the baseball card shop.

The crazy part was how good we got at spotting marks at such a young age.

One lady, recognizing the scam, smirked at us and said if we needed to call our mom, we could do it from her office.

We looked at each other completely horrified but not having the sack to blow her off and basically cede we were running a scam, I said "OK, thanks". She was kinda shocked but lead the way. My friend and I stood in total silence during the elevator ride up, into her office. She took the phone off the hook and stared us down. I made my poor friend call his mother and ask for a ride home, thus admitting he was downtown without permission and getting into shitload of trouble.

I, on the other hand, stole some crystal award trophy off her shelf that I promptly threw into the Chicago River as my friend and I waited for his mom to come.

• Like 4

Yes

That show Pitbulls and Parolees is a damn tearjerker. She said that the show is good for helping with the funding, but now she has 450 dogs under her care. And counting.

I love you, Scram.

I find it fascinating how you enjoy living vicariously through Scram.