I Called In Sick Today

They have. I don't know what's going on to tell the truth. I think I mentioned before that my boss is working as the "temporary" Senior Director since the old one left. And she's not said 2 words to me about who they are looking at for it or what's going on since. Which is odd because she usually shares these kind of things with me. So I don't know if she's not talking because she's thinking of taking it, which could mean I'm up for her current position or that she's definitely not taking it which would block me from getting her position.

So, holding pattern. I did get a message on Linked in the other day from a guy that was a VP with my old company but I didn't really know him other than the name. He said that my former VP there highly recommended me for a position with his new company and to call if I'm interested. Not sure I am based on what I saw on the web of the company but I'll probably call him just to check it out and keep the dialog going.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I know that feeling buddy. I have dreams about playing baseball all the time except I never actually play, I'm just there watching and I know I can never actually go back and play again. It sucks.

I hope you realize this is bullshit. One of the guys I coach with is 45 and he just played in his championship game yesterday for his men's league. He can still run it up at close to 80mph.

Seems like a wise purchase

Ocho is right. I played adult league baaeball in my 30's. And I was 3bills. Pitched a little, hit a lot. Pmped out two dongs in one game. I could always mash, even if my arm went to shit at 14

Bought some gun stocks today.

What company?

That was my guess. I'm not buying, I was just curious.

Are you buying for value or to catch a bounce?

There is no doubt (I mean like 0%) that the two main impellers of RGR price (and earnings over the past 5 years) were Obama being reelected in 2012 and Sandy Hook. Their brand is the socks-and-underwear of the gun world (I seriously loved Ruger firearms back when I owned guns, but they're the Honda Civic of firearms) and the mania is well died down. There is only so much metabolism for more and more and more and more guns, the ecosystem is suffering from disequilibrium in the secondary market now that a shitton of the bulk panic purchases made by people who really couldn't afford it are being sold off. "Peak guns" has been bandied about.

I'd guess RGR goes well below 40 before they go back up to 60 and I don't even know if I like them in the 30's.

Time will tell.

I have no idea how people can afford to shoot anymore.

Back when I was into it, bulk boxes of .22 LR were like $10, you could get 1000 rounds of 7.62X39 for under $100. 100 rounds of Winchester 9mm in the white box was $13 at Wal Mart.

These prices today are insane. If one thing finally put a boot on the neck of exploding transferable MG prices, it was ammo. That American 180 is bad-ass until it costs you $60 for a 10 second ride.

Are you buying for value or to catch a bounce?

There is no doubt (I mean like 0%) that the two main impellers of RGR price (and earnings over the past 5 years) were Obama being reelected in 2012 and Sandy Hook. Their brand is the socks-and-underwear of the gun world (I seriously loved Ruger firearms back when I owned guns, but they're the Honda Civic of firearms) and the mania is well died down. There is only so much metabolism for more and more and more and more guns, the ecosystem is suffering from disequilibrium in the secondary market now that a shitton of the bulk panic purchases made by people who really couldn't afford it are being sold off. "Peak guns" has been bandied about.

I'd guess RGR goes well below 40 before they go back up to 60 and I don't even know if I like them in the 30's.

Time will tell.

their valuation has crept out of line and their financials are fantastic. it's probably a hold for less than two years.

I have no idea how people can afford to shoot anymore.

Back when I was into it, bulk boxes of .22 LR were like $10, you could get 1000 rounds of 7.62X39 for under $100. 100 rounds of Winchester 9mm in the white box was $13 at Wal Mart.

These prices today are insane. If one thing finally put a boot on the neck of exploding transferable MG prices, it was ammo. That American 180 is bad-ass until it costs you $60 for a 10 second ride.

thanks for sharing your gun insight. I can see what you're talking about in the price history of RGR, for sure... it's just a question of whether the pendulum has swung too far. I don't know, I'm not an analyst by profession, I just try to be right 51% by looking at the big picture.

I currently have 11 positions open, just going to roll maybe 20-30 positions at any given time. if my results are worse than the benchmark, I'll just stop... no delusions here.

The .22 lr ammo issue is ridiculous. Why anyone would want to hoard .22 ammo is beyond me but what they've done is driven the price, if you can even find it in stock, to +- .50 cents a round. For .22 ammo.

The .22 lr ammo issue is ridiculous. Why anyone would want to hoard .22 ammo is beyond me but what they've done is driven the price, if you can even find it in stock, to +- .50 cents a round. For .22 ammo.

This is hard for me to even understand, since I've been so totally out of the loop since before ammo mania.

I don't even remember what I was paying for bulk packs of .22 at Wal Mart but it was more on the order of .02-.03 cents a round.

FIFTY CENTS for a single round of .22 LR is just mind blowing. It makes me wonder if there aren't Sherman Act violations going on, since it makes no sense that someone hasn't come in and started manufacturing the **** out of it and selling it much cheaper. It really smells like collusion and price fixing.

You may never again see the days of cheap-as-air ammo but if people are paying .50 cents, given what it costs to make a .22 rimfire, even factoring in for tooling and what not, there's more than enough room to undercut the current price regime, still remain hugely profitable and no doubt have people beating down your door to buy.

jesus tits...$.50/rd is more than i paid for .223 the last time i purchased.

i was wondering what strat was seeing. the gun market is awash with excess inventory right now, especially in the "scary looking" gun market. i wanted to sell my 2 m4s but i'd probably have to take a loss so i'm stuck holding for a couple of years. however, there may be a slight chance for one last gasp of paranoia in the last year or so of obammie's term to drive up sales again but I don't think we'll see the frenzy we saw in '12ish.

.50 a round is on small boxes, which is about all that ever seems to hit the shelves these days. IF you can find them in stock you can get the bucket o bullets (5600 rounds) for about $500 so .11 cents a round or so. But who wants to fork over $500 to plink with their .22. Again, if you can even find them in stock anywhere.

Amscray is right. Something is going on in the market for manufactures to not be ramping up production to take advantage of the price surge.

http://financials.morningstar.com/income-statement/is.html?t=RGR&region=usa&culture=en-US

the company appears to be extremely well-run, and popular opinion currently skews to the downside. that, and its P/E, is a buy signal to me.

I'm looking at Swatch as a potential play as well. they have retarded margins, haven't shown a loss in forever, etc. etc. but everyone hates them due to the Apple watch.

edit: oh, and swatch's ADR ticker is SWGAY. I want that in my portfolio for sure.

• Like 3

really? I went there after you posted that and didn't see anything less than $0.08 and they're all marked "only available in stores. I'd like to have some cheap 22 to plink but I'll be damned if I've seen any in a store or online available for less than like .17 a round. still way too much.

Pretty sure I've mentioned it but gun-deals.com does a decent job of finding good deals on guns from different online retail merchants but there are several aggregators out there that list up to the minute online ammo availability. This is the one I use: http://gunbot.net/ammo/rimfire/22lr/

Scram was super nice about the RGR stock purchase being a terrible buy. weird

FYP