I Called In Sick Today

How are cops not wearing cameras? Unions are so retarded and corrupt.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

On one hand I want cops wearing cameras for stuff like this, but I also don't want them to feel like they can't give me a warning for excessive speeding because it's all on film and they might get disciplined for that at some point.

I'm fairly selfish.

• Like 1

I am trying to refrain from voicing any conclusions on the shooting. I am intrigued by Dr. Baden's findings. Particularly the gunshot in the forearm. The location of that wound looks like something one could get when walking/running away from someone or facing someone with hands up. Also, the shot penetrating the top of the skull, looks like he was on his way down when that round hit him. But again, I'll wait for more info. Because god forbid we don't make a snap decision based on little to no information in matters of literal life and death.

I will however say that this bunch of yokels make the cops in First Blood appear professional and restrained. I'm jumping on the whole "militarization of the police is bad, mmmkay?" band wagon. holy shit these guys know nothing about firearm safety and tactical engagement protocols. Guys operating in overseas shitholes have more restrictions placed on them in terms of when they can/can't point a gun at someone.

• Like 2

I read the recap on Wikipedia, which was confusing and impossible to understand. all the different biases kinda met up in this incomprehensible mess of a middle ground.

Same with CNN, Fox, CNBC every internet blog, et al...

I can't base an opinion on much of anything. I just know the vocal majority will always be cops are bad and are looking to kill people. We had a situation in my city recently where a known mental illness guy overdosed on ibuprofen and called 911. The police went in first and he had already stabbed himself in the chest multiple times and started aggressively coming at the 2 officers with the knife. They repeatedly told him to drop the knife but he kept coming, they tried tasing him twice and he pretty much brushed it off. So they smoked him. Many many were up in arms that they should have tried pepper spray and shot him in the leg or arm to wound him instead of killing him. If someone comes at you with lethal intent, the only response police will and should ever have is to respond with deadly force. They have a job and there main concern is to go home safe at the end of the day. As far as the ferguson situation, if the kid was going for his gun, the cop should keep shooting him til he stops twitching. He knows nothing about whether he's hopped up on something and has weapons of his own. If he really was surrendering, then the cop should rot in jail. I have no idea either way. I've purposely pretty much stated away from researching the backstory because it's all biased either way, which ever way it wants to be spinned. It will be investigated by an outside agency and whatever happens, happens. Looting local businesses is a hilarious way to show your outrage however.

• Like 2

That would have been a lot more interesting.

I'm too busy to actually post, but I sure as shit expect you fools to keep the content flowing. (And in Strat's case, the emails coming)

Get to producing, and quit acting like the St. Louis protesters. Hell, I would even take horrible beer talk before nothing.

Children please, I won get fired. I'm a white man. I'd practically have to murder someone to get fired.

you think? go talk to a woman unsolicited at work. I dare you.

• Like 2

Just got a letter from my dental insurance saying they're not going to cover the $1,100 for a crown to be put on that my dentist told me would be covered and that I needed to get done because I had some serious decay on my tooth and a really big filling on it and so they were worried it would crack and then I'd be in real trouble. My tooth has hurt non-stop since I got this shit done and will probably need a root canal because she ****ed with the filling and took too much out when getting ready for the crown. And this is after already having to come out of pocket $500 for the crown. I am livid. They best be able to sort this shit out with my insurance because this is some bullshit. I'm never going back to them regardless but I really don't want to have to pay $1,300 for shit I didn't need to have done because my teeth felt fine.

Oh, that other $200 is because my insurance doesn't cover the natural colored fillings that they used to replace some old silver fillings that they also didn't tell me would happen.

AND ANOTHER THING...I only went to this fvcking dentist because BC goes there and she made me an appointment. And she told a coworker of mine today that I never talk to her anymore and she wishes I would. BITCH YOU KNOW THE DEAL. Still ruining my life.

• Like 2

I don't carry dental insurance, even though it's probably slightly better than just paying out of my HSA. I brush/floss daily, I figure that wipes out most of the additional benefit of carrying the insurance. doing dental insurance with my work ends up costing just slightly more than the semi-annual cleanings (free w/ the plan).

I'm going to get swapped to another team soon. this would be the team that provides rides to clients on big event weekend nights. financial planning and taxi services, what a business model. the guys on that team are pure douchebags, and I'm going to ask for a firm timeline for how long until I am transitioned off. my gorilla math has my piece of my uncle's inheritance at about $10k, meaning I could easily pick up and move to Chicago if they refuse to put a time limit on it, or say something like "at least a year."

lots more thought has to go into it before that conversation, and who knows what the inheritance will actually be. but yeah, I will absolutely clash with the senior on that group, there's no chance it'll be a functioning working relationship.

• Like 1

Dental insurance is just about the worst (if not THE worst) buy in insurance, right? I mean it's relatively inexpensive monthly I guess but most of them have something like a $1500 max annual benefit, outside of the cleanings. So, even if they didn't try to screw Napa out of paying what they probably should pay for, that one tooth issue would wipe out most dental plans for the benefit year.

Why is it that you can't get good dental insurance? Hell, I can get better health insurance for my dogs than I can find for dental for us.

edit: Life insurance is pretty bad too considering you won't be around to get what you paid for. An old boss told me "Just remember one thing about life insurance, they are betting that you aren't going to die and you are betting that you will".

Dental insurance is cheap and shitty for the same reason brakes aren't covered under your car warranty. Cuz dem shits it gonna wear down and need fixin, guaranteeeeeed

Unless you're Strat of course