I Called In Sick Today

Andre please expand. The presence of a Buddha statue prohibited your parents from having a Christmas Even dinner with their son?Is your brother or his wife Buddhist? Could they possibly have just been decoration? Is there something about Buddhism that is anti-Christian?Obviously your bother is wanting to recognize some sort of Christmas tradition, also it was Christmas eve and not Christmas day. Will this prohibit your parents from visiting on other days?
They're crazy christians. Asking rational questions is futile.I do have to say, that was especially dickish of them to try and steal you from your brother's party.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Andre please expand. The presence of a Buddha statue prohibited your parents from having a Christmas Even dinner with their son?Is your brother or his wife Buddhist? Could they possibly have just been decoration? Is there something about Buddhism that is anti-Christian?Obviously your bother is wanting to recognize some sort of Christmas tradition, also it was Christmas eve and not Christmas day. Will this prohibit your parents from visiting on other days?
Well maybe if he wants to celebrate Christmas he could stop worshipping false idols in his home for a few minutes.
I think that my parents felt that it was sort of blasphemous to visit their home on Christmas Eve/Christmas when there was a Buddha there (it has to do with praying or showing deference to false Gods ). They would have no problems on any other day visiting my brother's house (well maybe Easter).I'm not exactly sure what my brother's GF religion is. I do know that she and her family do follow some buddhist traditions and that it is important to her.This reminds me of a high school story. One of my buddies who turned out to be a strong Christian asked this girl to the homecoming dance. So, a bunch of us all go over to her house one day after school. There are a bunch of funny symbols and things hanging all over the place. We see some cookie jars and of course want some cookies. We open them up and see "Birds feet, animal heads, and other gross things".Turns out that she and her mom are practicing wiccans. We also learn that from talking to the spirits, she says that she knows quite a few things about each of us. I remember that she told me that my IQ was 151. (obviously too low)So we jetted out of the house pretty quickly. He did still take her to the dance but it was a one time deal.
They're crazy christians. Asking rational questions is futile.I do have to say, that was especially dickish of them to try and steal you from your brother's party.
Well my Dad is over 80, he's pretty set in his ways

Oh good so other people have crazy families!Very long story short...I have spent prior to this year, 14 straight Xmas Eve's with my wife and her family. This usually consists of me going to her parents house where Liz, her parents, and her brother and his family will partake in the festivities. Sometimes my mom has come as well. Out of those 14, my brother in law attended 11. Out of those 11, 10 of them involved him hurting someone's feelings, usually his parents, which resulted in waiting for him to leave and them Liz and I consoling whomever he hurt. He also was so rude to my mom during a couple xmas eve's that she will no longer attend any family functions where he will be present. He tends to find a newspaper and sit in a corner sulking and reading the paper for 4-5 hours. During presents he sits there with all his presents at his feet and stares at the fire and refuses to open any of his presents. Last year we solved the problem by hosting Xmas Eve and thus not inviting him. This year was supposed to be the same but he allegedly was getting on well with Liz and her parents that he was to be invited this year. I was none to happy about that and that also didn't sit well with my mom so she decided to have Liz and I over Xmas Day so as to not have to come to our house xmas eve. Then I find out 5 days before xmas that Liz's mom called and said that Liz's brother had invited everyone to spend xmas eve at his house and my mother in law accepted for all of us before even talking to us. I was pretty angry but over all, not having to cook and host for 12 people made it easier to get over. But I told Liz that I was sure this was going to be a bad idea. But she was confident in that he was turning over a new leaf and by him inviting us this should work out well since it is all on his terms and he is in control.So Liz, my dad, her parents and I went to my brother in laws house for xmas eve.Broinlaw is not there when we get there. About 20 minutes in his wife tells us that he was working all night and day and is taking a nap. 2 hours later dinner starts and he is not down yet. Allegedly taking a nap. But I had to go out to my car and every light was on upstairs. After dinner my mother in law goes and knocks to try and wish him a merry xmas and he won't answer the door. We all leave thanking his wife for all the hard work and great food.What a dick. It took everything I had not to stand up at dinner and say, "Merry Xmas and I TOLD YOU SO!"

Oh good so other people have crazy families!Very long story short...I have spent prior to this year, 14 straight Xmas Eve's with my wife and her family. This usually consists of me going to her parents house where Liz, her parents, and her brother and his family will partake in the festivities. Sometimes my mom has come as well. Out of those 14, my brother in law attended 11. Out of those 11, 10 of them involved him hurting someone's feelings, usually his parents, which resulted in waiting for him to leave and them Liz and I consoling whomever he hurt. He also was so rude to my mom during a couple xmas eve's that she will no longer attend any family functions where he will be present. He tends to find a newspaper and sit in a corner sulking and reading the paper for 4-5 hours. During presents he sits there with all his presents at his feet and stares at the fire and refuses to open any of his presents. Last year we solved the problem by hosting Xmas Eve and thus not inviting him. This year was supposed to be the same but he allegedly was getting on well with Liz and her parents that he was to be invited this year. I was none to happy about that and that also didn't sit well with my mom so she decided to have Liz and I over Xmas Day so as to not have to come to our house xmas eve. Then I find out 5 days before xmas that Liz's mom called and said that Liz's brother had invited everyone to spend xmas eve at his house and my mother in law accepted for all of us before even talking to us. I was pretty angry but over all, not having to cook and host for 12 people made it easier to get over. But I told Liz that I was sure this was going to be a bad idea. But she was confident in that he was turning over a new leaf and by him inviting us this should work out well since it is all on his terms and he is in control.So Liz, my dad, her parents and I went to my brother in laws house for xmas eve.Broinlaw is not there when we get there. About 20 minutes in his wife tells us that he was working all night and day and is taking a nap. 2 hours later dinner starts and he is not down yet. Allegedly taking a nap. But I had to go out to my car and every light was on upstairs. After dinner my mother in law goes and knocks to try and wish him a merry xmas and he won't answer the door. We all leave thanking his wife for all the hard work and great food.What a dick. It took everything I had not to stand up at dinner and say, "Merry Xmas and I TOLD YOU SO!"
Man I hate that. Turn the light off when you leave the room!

Man, my holiday get togethers are boring. No drama. The closest we came was a few Thanksgivings ago when my brother in law spilled the beans early about some close friends who were having their first baby.....and ruined their surprise.Just typing that it feels lame. I will try to introduce more booze into holiday get togethers and see what happens.Also, Key West in December is as close to heaven as I will ever get (according to Christians).

So my son's girlfriend, Kidney girl was at my families Christmas and relayed this story. She has been converting to Catholic faith from the insistence of a lady who has served as her "big sister" and been influential in her life.I don't think she has alot of religous experience beyond this and is pretty entranced with the whole idea and is constantly throwing out new found little tidbits like, "losing her keys so she prayed to St Tony and found them!"Umm who? "Well I suppose it's St. Anthony but I like to call him Tony".Right..So anyways last Sunday at her urging my son agreed to go to mass with her. He got dressed and was dismayed when she looked like she was going to out to a bar. He has been trying to improve her attire but she has resisted for the most part. Skanky is apparently a hard habit to break. She got mad because he was dressed up an arguement ensued. He finally opted out of attending.She went on by herself. Here she had time to self reflect and realized what a bad girl she was, after all he was in a bad mood from trying to kick the tobacco dipping habit. He was hungover from being out late the night before. He really justneeded some love from her and a little kindness.So when she went to recieve communion instead of putting it in her mouth and eating it, she stuck it in her pocket and took it home to give to him.Imagine the surprise on his face.Edited-Is this better?

GOD WHAT IS THAT SPACINGedit: so hey did she do the kidney thing yet? he's dumping her, right? your son.. is dumping her. I hope?
I tried to keep it short sentances hoping the spacing wouldn't mess up. It looks normal to us people with real monitors. Sorry!Fixed it, let me know if it's better?
I tried to keep it short sentences hoping the spacing wouldn't mess up. It looks normal to us people with real monitors. Sorry!Fixed it, let me know if it's better?
only press enter when you want to go to a new line otherwiseyour postswill probably look likethis. basically, wait to press enter until the end of a sentence or paragraph

please say he is dumping her...also forgot to add on the fact that Liz's brother told Liz that no presents would be exchanged this year so don't bring any. Of course we bought gifts for everyone and left them at her parents house to give at a later date. After dessert we go sit in the living room and we each get handed presents. Wow, we looked like ungrateful boobs. At least Liz finally spoke up and told her brothers wife that he told her no presents thus we didn't bring them anything.

Where's Andre? At least he'd get the godddam story! She took the body of Christ HOME!And Steve, I would invite him to your house next year, tell him everyone is exchanging gifts and then have it someplace else.I also realized over the weekend that my family gets alot fatter when they older so I am really glad I'm working out. I was told numerous times how unhealthy I look by people easily 50 lbs overweight.

Where's Andre? At least he'd get the godddam story! She took the body of Christ HOME!
That's some good out of the box thinking right there - that and wearing something skanky to church. Well not so much the second part. Our church is pretty laid back but more skin is shown than in the past. Well, it's a good way to recruit more members!
Pretty good few days off. Watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall with the wife and son last night. Was funny, however the scene where Peter starts jerking it on top of Sarah was a little over the top. That Mila Kunis is a hottie.
I know right? How is he not hard already?
My Christmas Story:My dog ate my children.The End
F'dYPI thought for sure that's how it was going to go.
Jeezus, you're gayer than a jew at vet school.
Not possible, but they are both big huge faggots.

Drove down to Rhode Island this afternoon to pick up my buddy from the airport...he's visiting from Tampa for the week. Waited there for an hour before finding out that his flight is tomorrow.

"Well I suppose it's St. Anthony but I like to call him Tony".So when she went to recieve communion instead of putting it in her mouth and eating it, she stuck it in her pocket and took it home to give to him.
Why would anyone here hope that your son breaks up with this girl? She's the second coming of Jess, for god's sake. I like her!
I also realized over the weekend that my family gets alot fatter when they older so I am really glad I'm working out. I was told numerous times how unhealthy I look by people easily 50 lbs overweight.
To be fair, you're probably too skinny. But, to be fair, if you were a woman I would never say that.Although, to be fair, it's not like I'm trying to fuck you, so you can trust me to be honest.Wait, what?
Hey STRAT, I'll be driving through Kansas tomorrow on my way to Tempe (TEMPE!)
I love Tempe. Say hi for me. And make sure to go to The Library if it's still there.
I was told numerous times how unhealthy I look by people easily 50 lbs overweight.
jesus christ I hate that. I used to get that from old people in my family all the time, and even when I was decently pudgy. "you need to eat! you're all skin and bone!" no thank you I don't want to wear size 42 pants and die from heart disease at 45 like you thankyouverymuch. fucking fat people.

Last year, my fantasy football team was pegged by league-members in the pre-season discussion as "middle of the pack" and "4th strongest at the very best." I was, for those of you that don't know, dominant. I finished the season 11-3, and outscored my nearest competitor by just shy of 100 points before winning the playoffs and the Sick Thread crown. (Hey, Steve! You got any cash for me? No? Not yet? That's cool. Go buy another year of XBOX Live or something.)This year, my draft was mocked. Bizzle was "LOLOLOLOL"ing his ass off the entire time, certain that I had finally ran into a wall of fail. I finished the regular season, for the second consecutive year, alone in first place at 11-3. Again, I rolled through the playoffs, and am again Sick Thread fantasy football champion. When will you people learn that the tide of my dominance is impossible to stem? I am NOT TO BE TRIFLED WITH.Seriously, though: congratulations to everyone on a hard-fought campaign. Especially me. Because I fought so much harder than all of you and won the league.