10 reasons why daniel negreanu is ...

10 Reasons why Daniel Negreanu is the Best Poker Player Ever!10. Daniel is always willing to think outside of the box. This type of thinking is displayed not only his in poker game but also in business. Daniel ventures into arrangements that are different from his counterparts instead of following the path of others before. Though he has seen mixed success, he is blazing new trails. Expect to one day see something quite revolutionary with Daniel in its association. 9. Daniel could easily be a fashion icon. Secure in his masculinity, Daniel is willing to take fashion risk with his clothing. You will see him wearing bold colors like orange, soft colors like pink or don the sophistication of all black. He keeps up with current trends while adding his own style to the mix. He has evolved from the “kid” attire of hockey jerseys to wearing expertly tailored Armani suits. 8. Daniel is good to his fans. Look out on his website or out on the web and you will see lots of fans posting pictures that they have taken with Daniel. There are stories of Daniel spending precious minutes chatting with his fans. Daniel is the only pro I know of who has created contest to where the winners get flown to Las Vegas and hang out with him at his house! 7. Daniel has Moxie! When I first joined Daniel’s forum, one of his members told me a story about Daniel several years ago before he became a big pro. The forum member was playing at the Bellagio and Daniel was standing behind the table watching. The forum member excused himself to go to the bathroom. Daniel asked him if he could play for him. They guy said sure, not thinking that Daniel was serious. Anyway, the bathroom guy comes back in shock to see Daniel sitting in his seat playing with his stack. The guys shock turned into a pleasant surprise when he saw that in that short time Daniel had more than doubled his stack. (Just a note… I have never been able to verify this story but it does sound like the real thing.)6. Daniel is a funny man. Don’t believe me, read his blog. Daniel has told tales of airport mishaps and buying leather jackets from the back of a car that will keep you in stitches. He does a great Ali G. impression. Watch him on TV and observe his quick wit. Daniel would probably see as much success as a stand up comic as he has seen with being a professional poker player. 5. He is generous. Daniel gives to his fans but he gives to others as well. You will not see Daniel bragging about who or what he gives to but others have commented on his generosity. He takes care of his family. He has also helped many of his friends who have run into trouble. The way Daniel writes about his friends and family you can tell he is the kind of guy who wears his heart on his sleeve. How refreshing!4. Daniel speaks his mind. Daniel will talk about business, religion, sports, politics and social mores with passion and without censorship. When Daniel has an opinion, he is not shy to share it. However, Daniel also appears to have a very open mind as well. He responds quickly to issues that affect poker players and gets his facts together before finalizing his thoughts. Daniel is a great debater and negotiator. 3. "Behind every great man is a great woman". Well, Daniel has 2 great women behind him, his mother and his beautiful wife Lori. Daniel has stated many times that he is who he is because of his great up bringing. You can watch Mrs. Negreanu on the edge of her seat watching Daniel in tournaments. View pictures of Daniel and Lori and you can see a deep love that glows between them. Lori’s beauty is more than skin deep. Daniel has given her credit for being the one to help him focus and she has given him an anchor.2. The results speak for themselves. Daniel was Player of the Year in 2004. However, it is not Daniel’s wins that necessarily makes him the best player out there but it is also his losses. Watch the WSOP main event and you will see a man who can read every player at the table. A person who can make tough lay downs and is will to take the “right” risk as well. When cards are not running his way, Daniel keeps a positive spirit. Daniel has made a great start for 2006 by winning the event in Tunica. Daniel will continue his success at poker tables everywhere. 1. He created and started www.fullcontactpoker.com forums. Daniel’s influence is what makes FCP forums the best out on the web. He post on there frequently and keeps his fans aware of his whereabouts. He voices his opinions and shares his ideas. He created an environment where individual posters have emerged as characters with lots of popularity but at the same time, while perusing through the site, you get a strong feeling of community. He chose great administrators to design and formulate the site which is easy to use and is inviting to new members. Daniel also chose moderators who were already a strong presence on the site with unique styles and attributes. Daniel is Full Contact Poker. *************************************************************I was playing at the Hard Rock last night and for some reason, the thought of this article popped into my mind. Maybe because every time I had 10 7 I laid it down and I would have won big if I played it. Then of course, the one time I played it, I got nothing! Anyway, I hope you enjoy it. A while ago, my son was telling me about free Belgium domain names. Well, I snagged danielnegreanu.be and I posted this article on there as well. Daniel, if you ever want the site, let me know. I do not plan on using it to make money on someone else's work. I just thought I could use it as a fan site. Take care everyone!T:)
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice post Theresa, refreshingly different from all the haters who come here bash him/the forum/us.
Completely agree. I'm getting sick of reading all those other garbage posts that bash everything in site. Very nice post!
That might have been the gheyest thing Ive ever read in my entire life.  I mean Im guessing your a chick and all because there is a picture of a girl in your avatar who is not a hot chick a dude would post, but are you for real?  You should immediately put on some kind of watch list.   Someone should seriously call the FBI.  This has to be simialar to the kind of stuff that was happening with Selena before she was knocked off.
Hi Epistate. How are things going at NWP?
That might have been the gheyest thing Ive ever read in my entire life.  I mean Im guessing your a chick and all because there is a picture of a girl in your avatar who is not a hot chick a dude would post, but are you for real?  You should immediately put on some kind of watch list.   Someone should seriously call the FBI.  This has to be simialar to the kind of stuff that was happening with Selena before she was knocked off.
Silly... check out my forum title. Also, check out the date I joined the forum. I am usually the defender of all newbies. Does any parent ever teach their kids about the value of complimenting people who do a job well done? No wonder so many people in this society have self esteem issues. Oh well.
you got a lot of compliments, and only one insult, so it seems unnecessary to only acknowledge the insult.frankly, i'm a little tired of the incessant fanboy(fangirl :-) )-attitude on this site, and i think the relentless fanboy attitude hurts the site sometimes.
you got a lot of compliments, and only one insult, so it seems unnecessary to only acknowledge the insult.frankly, i'm a little tired of the incessant fanboy(fangirl  :-) )-attitude on this site, and i think the relentless fanboy attitude hurts the site sometimes.
I didn't really ackwoledge the insult or do a tit for tat with it. I just wanted to point out who I was. After all, I don't want the FBI called out on me because I have lots of secrets to hold on to. ;)Anyway... this is a site for poker players and fans of Daniel. Why else would someone come here. I am sure most people googled Daniel's name and found the site. Compliments are good. When you give a compliment to someone and it is true and sincere, it lifts your mood because you feel like you shared a part of yourself in a positive way. When someone hears a compiment, it makes them stop and listen and recongize a good quality about themeselves. Most people I know with low self esteem issues do not compliment people. In fact, they are usually defensive and quite critical. The lack of a strong self esteem limits people in relationships and in their careers. People make poor decisions when they have low self esteem. They tend to choose people who may not be the best candidates because they are afraid of someone out shinning their own performance. A strong leader surrounds themselves with the best. A person who is confident will realize that there are people who can do jobs better than themselves and will want those people to help them out instead of excluding them from their team.There is an old saying my mom use to say that use to drive me up the wall. She use to say "If you can't say anything good, then don't say anything at all." Now, I still do not completely agree with it but I like to take this sayng and add a little something to it...If you can't say something good, then say something to make it good.Meaning, if you criticize, offer a solution so that the thing you are critical can actually transform. Boy... I am really on a writing crusade today! :club:

this is some funy sheet. i wonder if daniel is actually worried about his fashion icon status. Doyle Brunson couldnt give two fuuuuks about fashion, thats the way it should be.

i'm glad you wrote this theresa. very sincere and well written. i enjoyed reading it. it's nice to see someone who is SECURE enough to speak kindly about someone and their positive attributes. hiding behind insults to protect yourself is a cop out.i'm not saying that people have to worship daniel. if they don't like him or the way he plays than they are entitled to their opinion. but to flame you for having something nice to say is just silly.

Is that really your picture theresa. You are hot. What do you think of 30 year old balding short canadians who are not Daniel Negreanu?
Sorry. She's been tied up by a 19 year old American with lots of hair. :twisted:
I kinda agree with him, theresas post was all right but then the next 27 posts were "I agree" and "well said" and some "daniel is god" I like daniel too but at least add to OP, not type "im a sheep" or "im the biggest fan"
I too find it absolutely astounding and shocking that there are so many Daniel Negreanu fans on a forum that was created by Daniel Negreanu. This is the kind of news that stops traffic.

It's clear that DN is a very good poker player and he does come across as a decent person. But reading the initial post in this thread.. well i nearly vomited. Maybe us English are just cold hearted.

you got a lot of compliments, and only one insult, so it seems unnecessary to only acknowledge the insult.frankly, i'm a little tired of the incessant fanboy(fangirl :-) )-attitude on this site, and i think the relentless fanboy attitude hurts the site sometimes.
I didn't really ackwoledge the insult or do a tit for tat with it. I just wanted to point out who I was. After all, I don't want the FBI called out on me because I have lots of secrets to hold on to. ;)Anyway... this is a site for poker players and fans of Daniel. Why else would someone come here. I am sure most people googled Daniel's name and found the site. Compliments are good. When you give a compliment to someone and it is true and sincere, it lifts your mood because you feel like you shared a part of yourself in a positive way. When someone hears a compiment, it makes them stop and listen and recongize a good quality about themeselves. Most people I know with low self esteem issues do not compliment people. In fact, they are usually defensive and quite critical. The lack of a strong self esteem limits people in relationships and in their careers. People make poor decisions when they have low self esteem. They tend to choose people who may not be the best candidates because they are afraid of someone out shinning their own performance. A strong leader surrounds themselves with the best. A person who is confident will realize that there are people who can do jobs better than themselves and will want those people to help them out instead of excluding them from their team.There is an old saying my mom use to say that use to drive me up the wall. She use to say "If you can't say anything good, then don't say anything at all." Now, I still do not completely agree with it but I like to take this sayng and add a little something to it...If you can't say something good, then say something to make it good.Meaning, if you criticize, offer a solution so that the thing you are critical can actually transform. Boy... I am really on a writing crusade today! :club:
:shock: "writing crusade" seems about right. wow.basically, i just wanted to point out that compliments are much more meaningful if they are given objectively. listing 10 compliments and no criticisms takes away from the value of the compliments.
:shock: "writing crusade" seems about right. wow.basically, i just wanted to point out that compliments are much more meaningful if they are given objectively. listing 10 compliments and no criticisms takes away from the value of the compliments.
No it doesn't. Why do you have to critisize some one in order to compliment them? You must have grown up in a real fun household. jsSometimes overlooking some ones faults is the greatest compliment you can give.
I too find it absolutely astounding and shocking that there are so many Daniel Negreanu fans on a forum that was created by Daniel Negreanu. This is the kind of news that stops traffic.
OP is just scary. If you really think these are the best poker forums, where there is like 1 guy that plays 10/20 and a bunch of other donks that cant beat .50/1 LHE, then you are retarded and bad at poker and you probably play hands like T7o all the time.I still find it absolutely stupid that people would be "fans" of professional poker players. Spend more time working on your game and getting good. Spend less time writing up these huge gay hero worship posts about a gambler's fashion sense.
as opposed to some of us, who mostly play as a hobby, but enjoy watching others play at the highest level. due to a variety of aspects (including their hometown :club: ), we develop personal favourites.sound like something else? professional athletes. so unless you are going to argue it is stupid for people to be fans of professional athletes as well, i disagree with your rudely-made arguments.