what music are you guys listening to?

and, just to clear it up, I think mk would still say the same ridiculously smug shit today. it just wouldn't have seemed so out of place back then, before poker, the economy, and everything else died a horrible death. I recognize that I was a huge, arrogant, dumb prick up until about 2009. I realize I've shed only some of those adjectives since then.I honestly just get really sad when I read back that far.
Every time I read anything I wrote more than 6 months ago, I feel like I did after masturbating in the morning before going to middle school.
  • Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

True story.In 5th grade, our class had a field trip to Kennedy Space Center. I didn't want to go, but instead of staying home, my mom made me go to school. Well I ended up being the only kid who didn't sign up for the field trip. So I spent the whole day just sitting in the classroom with my teacher.At one point she left me to go to the front office. She was gone for about 15 minutes which gave me ample time to masturbate in the classroom. That was my first experience with "public sex"

Re: mood of Look Back in Embarrassment: Y'know: in most ways, I miss my younger board presence. I was such a ****ing prick, but in ways that were awesome. I sort of miss being an angry, vaguely Christian Randist who thought he had solutions to giant problems. I think I enjoyed things more when I was more angry and sure of myself. At least I was funny back then.Here is a story, at least three aspects of which should give you an idea of how much I have deteriorated: I took my ladyfriend to see Blink182 last month. My ladyfriend suffers from IBS. She pooped her pants a little. I have not made a single comment about it. In 2006, I used to fantasize that someone I knew would poop their pants at a Blink182 concert. It's what kept me going through some depressing days. So it finally happens. You know what I feel? Compassion. I'm not even smirking now, as I sit here typing this. It's not funny to me.The worst part is that I'm arguably a worse person now than I was when I would have laughed my ass off. I am still cruel and mostly cold, particularly to her. It just presents itself in ways that aren't really funny. I have said some retarded shit on this board. I have defended Machbox20 and Audioslave in this very thread. I have been a huge prick about things I didn't begin to understand, and have attacked people for the mere crime of saying something that happened to fit a rant I had been turning over in my head for a couple hours. But I don't wince when I see those things. I'm proud that I was able to use my callousness and ignorance to amuse myself back then. What I'm ashamed of now is losing what made me a good poster here, and for not laughing at someone I know for pooping herself at a Bilnk182 show. I can't go back to what I was when I was funny, but that doesn't mean I'm going to pretend I wasn't better then than what I am now. I sicken me.

sorry but I'm totally gonna laugh at your girlfriend pooping her pants at a blink182 concert
Yeah, I would have too. Luckily, I just made that story up because I was bored. I'm still the ****ing greatest.
There is just so much gold, there, so much SmugAsshole packed into so few words... (I spent an embarrassing amount of time poring over posts to find that.)
man, there had to have been something better than that. nothing in that post is even mildly objectionable.pitchfork is the fucking worst and the books faded into oblivion
I like to add the Level 4 thinker to the musical discussion, if only to separate my pompous ass a little further. Level 4 musical thinkers listen deeply enough and are familiar enough with the business of making records that they can find admirable qualities in otherwise TERRIBLE songs--usually songs that are hopelessly mainstream, songs that the Level 2 and even level 3 listener would NEVER admit to liking. Can you get with the keychange at the end of "My Heart Will Go On"? Does the barely audible arpeggiated synth line in the chorus of Robbie Williams' "Rock DJ" give you a semi? Can you absolutely despise Linkin Park but still admire the stupidly perfect guitar tones achieved on their records? Do you know that it was Andy Wallace who mixed both of their studio albums--the same Andy Wallace who mixed Nirvana's Nevermind???? Then you are probably a Level 4 musical thinker.
e.g.
e.g.
I like to add the Level 4 thinker to the musical discussion, if only to separate my pompous ass a little further. Level 4 musical thinkers listen deeply enough and are familiar enough with the business of making records that they can find admirable qualities in otherwise TERRIBLE songs--usually songs that are hopelessly mainstream, songs that the Level 2 and even level 3 listener would NEVER admit to liking. Can you get with the keychange at the end of "My Heart Will Go On"? Does the barely audible arpeggiated synth line in the chorus of Robbie Williams' "Rock DJ" give you a semi? Can you absolutely despise Linkin Park but still admire the stupidly perfect guitar tones achieved on their records? Do you know that it was Andy Wallace who mixed both of their studio albums--the same Andy Wallace who mixed Nirvana's Nevermind???? Then you are probably a Level 4 musical thinker.
Mxwwy.jpg
Here is a story, at least three aspects of which should give you an idea of how much I have deteriorated: I took my ladyfriend to see Blink182 last month. My ladyfriend suffers from IBS. She pooped her pants a little. I had not made a single comment about it.
I count a few more than 3.
I love that your image of me is still like Frasier or some snooty old dude. Really, when it comes down to it, I just want to listen to Heart's "Alone" and do fist pumps a la andrew wk. [whispered loudly: DOWNLOAD IMMEDIATELY AND PLAY ON REPEAT.]
Nah, I play up your image as an elitist prick, but I'm pretty sure I've got a more accurate of who you are, at least as a music fan, and even as a person. It's just more fun to pigeonhole people, and describe them as caricatures.
this seems relevant
Also, I hate Radiohead more than I hate Coldplay. And I really hate Coldplay. I did the Radiohead thing when I was a teenager, and those Columbia House bastards got me. I tried Tool and Marilyn Manson at the same time :club: Though I'll admit that Radiohead makes "good" music by most definitions (including mine), but I'd rather stab myself than actually listen to it. I even tried it again a few years later, and actually hated it more!
this guy was hilarious
Yeah, I would have too. Luckily, I just made that story up because I was bored. I'm still the ****ing greatest.
Hahaha...le pwn!On the other hand, if being compassionate in that situation turned "possible sex" into "no question about it" sex (after your invitation to clean up and undergo an inspection of the region is accepted), then that makes the faux poopage a worthwhile (non)-experience, imo.And, btw, that key change at the end of "My 'Eart Will Go On" is called a "lift". And it's been fucking done do death, making it far less effective than it should be, even in great songs. <insert smug pause here><<<Level 5 Music thinker
Hahaha...le pwn!On the other hand, if being compassionate in that situation turned "possible sex" into "no question about it" sex (after your invitation to clean up and undergo an inspection of the region is accepted), then that makes the faux poopage a worthwhile (non)-experience, imo.And, btw, that key change at the end of "My 'Eart Will Go On" is called a "lift". And it's been fucking done do death, making it far less effective than it should be, even in great songs. <insert smug pause here><<<Level 5 Music thinker
n....no. we do not do this here. not here. you can go do it elsewhere if you like, but please don't do it here.I'm begging you not to do this here.

I hate how much of a musical ******* I am, but I ****ing love the new Coldplay album, and I don't care which of you snobs knows it.

n....no. we do not do this here. not here. you can go do it elsewhere if you like, but please don't do it here.I'm begging you not to do this here.
Sorry...holdover from my MMORPG days...on the other hand, I really do speak a decent French...
I hate how much of a musical ******* I am, but I ****ing love the new Coldplay album, and I don't care which of you snobs knows it.
Hey guys, check out this LOSER! He probably likes the BOOKS too, amiright. Quit sucking up to Pitchfork so much... or start sucking up to Pitchfork more... or something(In all seriousness, a lot of people really like the new Coldplay album. I should probably listen to it, right?)
incredible gift to what users for the 4th bday or whatever...50 FL tokens to use on anything you wish under 1 gb
This might as well be in Chinese.

I had to change it to Greek, as the Chinese characters were not copying properlyαπίστευτο δώρο σε ό, τι οι χρήστες για την 4η bday ή οτιδήποτε άλλο ... 50 μάρκες FL για χρήση σε οτιδήποτε επιθυμείτε κάτω από το 1 GB

incredible gift to what users for the 4th bday or whatever...50 FL tokens to use on anything you wish under 1 gb
I have so much I've been meaning to download... these will work greatjKhmY.png
Didn't I invite you to what forever ago?? Or did you mean it might as well be in Chinese for those not in the know?
I don't know anything about that stuff. I have no idea what freeleeching is. I don't know what regular leeching is, since you don't pay for either. I don't understand anything about the uploading process or how you seed stuff. I'm totally clueless on how any of that stuff works. But sometimes I post on the forums.
Hahaha...le pwn!On the other hand, if being compassionate in that situation turned "possible sex" into "no question about it" sex (after your invitation to clean up and undergo an inspection of the region is accepted), then that makes the faux poopage a worthwhile (non)-experience, imo.
Firstly, if there is one thing that I have learned in my life, it's that if you are having sex because you were nice to someone, you are having terrible sex. Secondly, if someone is feeling sexy the night she pooped herself in public, humiliating, or possibly pooping on her, is the best way to further your cause anyway.