• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

I've been thinking about it, and the reason I dislike Simmons -- and I don't hate him nearly as much as I implied a few days ago -- is the same as the reason I hate almost all sports writers (with a few very notable exceptions). DrunkardsWalk.pngRemember his yearly NFL Playoff Betting Manifesto? I don't think I've ever been able to get over that. "YOU BELIEVE THIS TO BE TRUE. HOW CAN THAT BE?!"
My father refers to stats like BA w/ RISP and whatnot as NSGBBA, or "diminished sample grab bag batting average."
hopefully everyone's seen this
directed by michael schurnever been a fan of the band but this is clearly the greatest music video of all-time
Holy shit! That's awesome...For those of you who don't know, this video is a David Foster Wallace tribute. They are playing Eschaton, there are bunch of other references too. If I knew more than a couple people IRL who read the book, I would try to organize a game, because it seems ****ing sweet.
Holy shit! That's awesome...For those of you who don't know, this video is a David Foster Wallace tribute. They are playing Eschaton, there are bunch of other references too. If I knew more than a couple people IRL who read the book, I would try to organize a game, because it seems ****ing sweet.
Pretty great video. Among other images, the look on the kid's face when he has to swap the Cease Fire cap for the Red War cap is priceless (after the girl gets a ball in the head).Thanks for the background, David. Good to have that frame of reference.
I think it's about as good as it could be considering time constraints. My one gripe is that in the book I'm pretty sure (it's a been a while) they bomb jock straps-full of tennis balls and added balls = more tonnage = more difficult to hit accurately, but whatever, it still works.

I was honestly really excited for the new girls album when I very first heard about it, but now that pitchfork has told me it's ok to like it, I simply can't wait!

I was honestly really excited for the new girls album when I very first heard about it, but now that pitchfork has told me it's ok to like it, I simply can't wait!
i sometimes wonder what your guys' musical tastes would be if pitchfork didn't existprobably less hom huh

probably!but really though, like wang said previously: where else would we find music like this really? I mean, I can't just download everything off what and hope I find the .1% that's worth a shit, and if I stuck to recomendations from my friends I'd be listening to kenny chesney and phish. I mean, I honestly don't put that much stock in the actual reviews, but as a "hey this is now available and possibly relevant to your interests" site, there really isn't anything better out there.

probably!but really though, like wang said previously: where else would we find music like this really? I mean, I can't just download everything off what and hope I find the .1% that's worth a shit, and if I stuck to recomendations from my friends I'd be listening to kenny chesney and phish. I mean, I honestly don't put that much stock in the actual reviews, but as a "hey this is now available and possibly relevant to your interests" site, there really isn't anything better out there.
but they're such self-righteous dildos about it
exactly. it gives me info about new music I might enjoy AND a great excuse to hate another human, two things I love.
the main thing that makes me hate them is that they're sooooo eager to 'break' new bands to their flock of sheep they will heap praise on the most mediocre of bands which fit their mold of slightly catchy indie-sounding shit, e.g. the pains of being pure at heart, wavves etc
the main thing that makes me hate them is that they're sooooo eager to 'break' new bands to their flock of sheep they will heap praise on the most mediocre of bands which fit their mold of slightly catchy indie-sounding shit, e.g. the pains of being pure at heart, wavves etc
There's truth to this.(Though, I like Pains of being Pure at Heart...)