Leave it to Ron..I have to agree with Tevin, a veterans only forum would just create more havoc in general considering people would want to get their post count up ASAP to join this "elite" forum. I know I'm no veteran poster, but I have been a veteran lurker since about June. I used to love opening up General (since i couldn't see OT) and seeing JFarrel being retarded, or a Royal created thread every click of the mouse, thats what made FCP interesting. After seeing the Weekend at Daniel's photos and the sense of community this forum represented, I decided to get off my ass and contribute. I'll be the first to admit I was a newbie when it came to novice posting, but I got the hang of it and learned to actually give my two cents with out sounding juvenile. Hell, my first post was "Babe Ruth sucked." for crying out loud! My point is that eventually the spammers and "DC Thread Lovers" will eventually die off, and the people who actually care about learning from one another will stick around. You don't have to take my word for it, but post count and six months experience wont do a thing to weed out the spammers. They will go, and new ones may come, but we can always depend on the people who have fun at FCP and love it.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe - Daniel could Hire Ron and Royal to evaluate each thread and then mark the one's that are Veteran ApprovedThey could have an icon next to them - maybe an image of the biker from the village people

A veteran's forum is not a good idea. This forum would improve if we just stopped responding to the dumb threads. Some members post crap just to get a response. Stop giving them what they want and they will either improve or leave. Posting such things as "this thread sucks" is usually enough to encourage them to continue. I realize it's hard not to respond to some of the incredibly stupid things posted around here lately, but if you really want it to stop you must try.I still think the greatest thing this forum could do would be to implement an "ignore user" function. That, and displaying the author of a thread would be great improvements.+1

A veteran's forum is not a good idea.  This forum would improve if we just stopped responding to the dumb threads.  Some members post crap just to get a response.  Stop giving them what they want and they will either improve or leave.  Posting such things as "this thread sucks" is usually enough to encourage them to continue.  I realize it's hard not to respond to some of the incredibly stupid things posted around here lately, but if you really want it to stop you must try.I still think the greatest thing this forum could do would be to implement an "ignore user" function.  That, and displaying the author of a thread would be great improvements.+1
This post sucks

Maybe I'll start my own forum so I can pick and choose who can sign up...the requirements would be:1. if i recognize you2. if you can show at least 5 quality posts (funny/informative/etc.)3. the acceptance committe (umm...me and a four others TBD) would have to approveImmediate expulsion would result from:1. mentioning the FCP/NWP rivalry2. being a speedz99 fanboy (Royal, I'm looking at you)3. being a buzzkill Am I kidding?

I put three fingers in my own ass last night.
were they your fingers?
I just had the creepy image of a serial killer chopping off young coeds fingers and shoving them one by one inside of himselfthat's a good way to start any morning
Ya....you're weird.

I have like 2.5 posts so I don't know how good my $.02 are here, but I'll be honest: I was drawn to FCP by the DN/DC HU matches of late. A good buddy of mine told me to check it out, and a lot of people in the main chat were really nice and helpful- I started reading the forums, and even though there are some people in dire need of a helmet on here, for the most part I've found some very interesting and informative topics regarding strategy, BR management, funny stories, and stories about other players' success. If I didn't find the forum or talk to anyone on here, I would've watched the match and signed off the site without depositing, honestly. Similar games as Pokerroom, where I play 90% of the time, so what's the difference?A huge part of the attraction of this site is the community. I deposited money because I wanted to play in a $5 SNG that some of the players in the main chat started a few nights ago. I also played in that SNG that DN started up the other night, the $20+2 rebuy. In both games, everyone was chatty, it was a lot of fun - people were revealing hands, playfully trash talking, etc. Unlike other sites, where I've been taunted for having an obviously female username or yelled at because someone was mad that I caught them bluffing at a pot (my personal fave), it was a really fun atmosphere. I'm transferring the rest of my BR over to the site because I took the time to check this site out, and I like the action/people here.I think that a veterans' forum would lead all of the "veterans" of the site to only post in that specific forum, and the rest of the forums would suffer as a result. Even though you might filter out some of the retards from the veterans' posts, I think it'll result in the quality of posts in the other forums deteriorating (more so than they already have) and discouraging people who are genuinely interested in talking about poker or becoming a part of the community.

maybe something like being a member for at least 6 months and having at least 500 posts? just a suggestion
*************************************************So that in 6 months you get all the new guys, that you don't want, appear in the "vet forum"...just seems like 6 months of "peace and quiet" only to have the same problem rear it's ugly head...no??!!
two were mine, one was...well, actually, I'm not sure whose it was.  Or if it was even a finger.Oh well.    Good times.
Yeah, I'm gonna need my toothbrush back...
who said he ever took it out?

I completely understand where IveyFan is coming from, but I disagree with the idea. I think the vets would post in the vet forum and would significantly water down the general population forum, which would, in turn, stop drawing new people and ultimately hurt the FCP poker site. Would it help if on the home page the name of the person who started the thread be displayed instead of the last poster? This way it would be easier to pick and choose which threads to open. Just an idea.

I completely understand where IveyFan is coming from, but I disagree with the idea.  I think the vets would post in the vet forum and would significantly water down the general population forum, which would, in turn, stop drawing new people and ultimately hurt the FCP poker site.  Would it help if on the home page the name of the person who started the thread be displayed instead of the last poster?  This way it would be easier to pick and choose which threads to open.  Just an idea.
This should definitely be looked into. Great Idea!

the reason i picked 6 months and 500 posts was alot of ppl that are new to fcp because of "all the buzz" would have either gotten bored before the 6 months and left or became good posters ..either way its awin win for fcp...to be honest, i dont think this will happen and it seems more ppl are against it rather than for it ...so in that case, screw it...let this place be overun with idiots....

the reason i picked 6 months and 500 posts was alot of ppl that are new to fcp because of "all the buzz" would have either gotten bored before the 6 months and left or became good posters ..either way its awin win for fcp...to be honest, i dont think this will happen and it seems more ppl are against it rather than for it ...so in that case, screw it...let this place be overun with idiots....
c'mon man, don't go all 'Tritz' on us...you know there are certain refuges on this site where things are still pretty cool...
c'mon man, don't go all 'Tritz' on us...you know there are certain refuges on this site where things are still pretty cool...
i hear ya, but this site has really gotten crappy ..no? its not really fun anymore...oh well..shrug...good luck..smash is the greatest
i hear ya, but this site has really gotten crappy ..no? its not really fun anymore...oh well..shrug...good luck..smash is the greatest
That's the spirit.On that note, how about a 'Smash discusses religion with fundamentalist christians' forum. I think I'd pay for a subscription to this...

Ivey Fan stop your whining. Be reasonable and understand that this the internet. Does it pain you that much when a newbie posts a bad beat story in the general? If so don't date a girl then. Also I see you in NWP all the time. Should we run our general like that?Do they even talk about poker there?

Ivey Fan stop your whining. Be reasonable and understand that this the internet. Does it pain you that much when a newbie posts a bad beat story in the general? If so don't date a girl then. Also I see you in NWP all the time. Should we run our general like that?Do they even talk about poker there?
umm who are you? lame....yes, i post at nwp...deal...
i like the 500 posts and 6 months, cause ive been here since week 2, but dont post much, but could easily go to off topic and ruin it to get to 500.
No, you would have had to have 500 before the poker room launched. You wouldnt qualify. Go cry now.