FCPHA: Big Table in the Back

Congrats! :)You are getting in 1/2 hour after us.. but I guess sharing a cab is out since we are downtown and you are not :)What would I ever do without you????
yup :club: although that rental car alan was talking about sure seems like a good idea. Do hotels charge to valet the car, or do u only need to tip the runners???
  • Replies 347.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

To clarify, I want less money spent on the military. However, since there's so much money being spent on the millitary right now, we need to put it to good use to end conflicts, not start them. I am not (nor is almost any liberal) saying to cut off all funding to the military. That would be completely ignorant of anyone to say. However, just in the last 5 years, a ton of money (forgive me for not having specific figures) has been taken from education, social programs, etc. and put into the military. Nobody's saying we shouldn't have went to war with Afghanistan after they attacked us and nobody's saying that we shouldn't have the neccessary funds to defend ourselves.But, let's not pour so much money into funding our defense and, lately, offense that we forget about the people that we're defending. If you look at other prospering nations (ie Canada, half of Europe), they don't spend near as much on their militarys (in regards to % of their budget) and they get along just fine.
Omg where do I start. LOL.Canada, under flaming liberal regime for 10 years......cut military spending to the point where we are a laughing stock, with about 3 broke helipcoptors and a few row boats.Guess why we can do that?? Cuz we got y'all to stick up for us! Yep that's right. The pcLiberalPinkos KNOW that they can get away will cutting military spending, cuz when the chit hits the fan, the US will bail us out. (cut to Jack Nicholson speech LOL).I for one, appreciate that we have such good neighbours. Unfortuntely, alot of Canadians don't quite get it, and take great relish in anti-US sentiment. Oh, and they all voted Liberal. Ok, I'm gonna quit now and go back to not talking politics in this thread.
However, just in the last 5 years, a ton of money (forgive me for not having specific figures) has been taken from education, social programs, etc. and put into the military.
no it hasn'tIt isn't a zero sum game
This is the old fashioned kind of debate where nobody gets upset about it.
I didn't realize you were old fashioned. I kind of thought of you as pretty new world. But I could be wrong.
Omg where do I start. LOL.Canada, under flaming liberal regime for 10 years......cut military spending to the point where we are a laughing stock, with about 3 broke helipcoptors and a few row boats.Guess why we can do that?? Cuz we got y'all to stick up for us! Yep that's right. The pcLiberalPinkos KNOW that they can get away will cutting military spending, cuz when the chit hits the fan, the US will bail us out. (cut to Jack Nicholson speech LOL).I for one, appreciate that we have such good neighbours. Unfortuntely, alot of Canadians don't quite get it, and take great relish in anti-US sentiment. Oh, and they all voted Liberal. Ok, I'm gonna quit now and go back to not talking politics in this thread.
Well put, Bunny.
To clarify, I want less money spent on the military. However, since there's so much money being spent on the millitary right now, we need to put it to good use to end conflicts, not start them. I am not (nor is almost any liberal) saying to cut off all funding to the military. That would be completely ignorant of anyone to say. However, just in the last 5 years, a ton of money (forgive me for not having specific figures) has been taken from education, social programs, etc. and put into the military. Nobody's saying we shouldn't have went to war with Afghanistan after they attacked us and nobody's saying that we shouldn't have the neccessary funds to defend ourselves.But, let's not pour so much money into funding our defense and, lately, offense that we forget about the people that we're defending. If you look at other prospering nations (ie Canada, half of Europe), they don't spend near as much on their militarys (in regards to % of their budget) and they get along just fine.
I'll give you that the past few years have been excessive in military funding, we have our bad seed president to blame for that. I don't always know how to weigh on this current war. In most of the nation's eyes, this is a waste, and a war for oil. At times it clearly appears that that's the case. But I've also heard the other side of this war, from mouths of troops that have stepped in the sands of our current situation. I've heard some Very convincing accounts of the Need for this war. The inhumanity that was taking place, and those were innocent people that were being slain for nothing... Maybe it all started with the defense of innocent people, and the vengence of terrorists that targeted us; cause it was thought that that particular nation housed groups of the same terrorist groups. Maybe it was all for economic profit. As for the other countries not spending nearly as much military funding... One, they aren't the economic giants that we are, Europe is close as a continent, but not individual countries. Two, they don't have as much life to defend, and don't have as much nation to defend. Anyways.... My beer is empty, and I need a new one. Oh, and ISAP tonight.
Hail to ya!
no, but if he shows up at my door, he might get somethin else!
WOOT....10 BUCKS?
You mean he might get 10 bucks?
brudda?
WOOT....10 BUCKS?brudda?
sonofabish!I've always wanted to use that.If we're brothers, I want half of all these $5 donations you keep getting.
Would it be bad form to carry my own bags up to my room when i check in?
No, it would be practical, unless you want to leave your bags in the lobby for the weekend. :club:
I'm new world. This debate is not. New world debate is..."lolzzer""stfu n00b"Yeah...
The debate will go on for centuries (or until we all kill each other to prove we are more macho than the next guy). Religion, cultures, beliefs will always clash, there will always be a need for military in every country. Those that choose to spend money on it will have an advantage, those that don't, will be at the mercy of those that do. Would you rather play HU against some newb who hasn't read one thing about poker and has only played a little on-line, and is playing at or above his BR limits or against someone who has read everything, studied the game from every angle, and is playing at a BR level they have consistently beat and is prepared for the up and down swings?
sonofabish!I've always wanted to use that.If we're brothers, I want half of all these $5 donations you keep getting.
i've only collected from norm.....2.50 is on the way
No, it would be practical, unless you want to leave your bags in the lobby for the weekend. :club:
Well i'm fairly certain they have bell hops to carry bags. I wasn't sure if me carrying my own stuff would be "proper"
Would it be bad form to carry my own bags up to my room when i check in?
Mary has a rule.I am not allowed to go play craps untill the bags are delivered to our room.
i've only collected from norm.....2.50 is on the way
I'm not so sure Norm would want half of his 5 bucks coming my way, so you can keep that one. Appreciate the sentiment, though. :club:

by the way...if nobody else can get into ivan's clique @ binions, i'll start my own table and just give a hearty FU to ivan and his table! :club: