• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

Newsflash: BR for Vegas has just been increased by 40%!
Sweet! How'd that happen.
It's July....btw.....i think......
It is. And you have exactly 48 hours to find a cheap flight. I'm saving your corner of the floor in my room. If you don't confirm quickly that you're using it, I'm gonna give it to a homeless person.You wouldn't want to be responsible for me having to entertain a homeless person instead of you would you?
sup kids, our cab will be here in 8 hours, flight leaves in 10 hours!fyi - orbitz has rent a cars for $14/day in Las Vegas, its like $93 including taxes and fees for us to have our car from thursday through monday. we are going to split one with michael. Hell one trip from the airport to binions is $22 or so each way. Since I'll be drunk most the way I probably wont use it much, but meh, its available
I'M SO EXCITED!If you guys want to get a car, we will gladly pay for using it at cab prices or whatever if we need it.
You too, Mr. Pinko. I got enough for you too, sweetcheeks!
I'm so glad you seem happier today.
read the thread and pay attention orGET THE FUCK OUT!
This made me laugh. Kinda ruined it for me though when I saw you figured out who that was. Next time drag it out some so those of us who are late can laugh at you too, okay? :club:
OMG. Seriously, show others the ability to live peacefully and that's going to prevent people from showing agression to America? You know, I personally just don't see that happening. If we lessened our military and tried to 'live peacefully' in efforts that other nations will say, "Hey America is at peace, let's all sing kum-by-ya together and dance around the flagpole." Hell no, it's not going to happen. The people that want us Americans dead are going to eat our arses alive if we were to go on those beliefs. They just want us Dead, they don't necessarily have reason, they want us dead because of what we believe in. That's right, they want You dead, just because you're an American, and just because you have freedoms, and just because you have the beliefs that you have. So let's go on the notion of living peacefully and others will follow, why don't you just hand the keys out to your house, and tell people that you don't steal and hope that they don't either.
Haha, you seriously believe that? You think the terrorists sit around saying (in Arabic, or spanish, or whatever), "Man, I hate those Americans. All their freedoms...and rights...and I really hate those peace loving hippies...let's blow them up..."? Or, could it possibly be, "I hate those Americans...they invade our countries, throw out our governments, and install what they think is the 'right' government, as if we're not smart enough to figure it out for ourselves..."? Again, I point you back to Afghanistan where the PEOPLE elected their own government and we told them it wasn't good enough.Give me a break. Those are just scare tactics used by hawks to get people all riled up, give them more money, and get them re-elected.
First, to the current war. I do believe it's a waste, but I don't believe it's for oil. I'm sure oil's a part of the reason, but I think it's truly about spreading democracy in the middle east....whether the countries want it or not. Remember, it was Afghanistan, after we freed them, that voted for a leader that believed in an Islamic nation and was going to prosecute a man who was a Christian. It likely would have happened if the US didn't say, "No, you can't do that. We won't let you."That's true, the other countries aren't as powerful economically as we are. That's why I put it in terms of budget percentages and not raw numbers. You don't need a giant military budget to live peacefully - you have to be able to show others that you have the ability to live peacefully. That's something that I don't believe the United States has shown as of yet.
This war was simply an opportunity to get rid of a very bad man. Plain and simple. We had the military in place and we had a good excuse. Bush took that opportunity and ran with it. It had to be done eventually.I get so tired of "showing the world you have the ability to live peacefully" crap.That's a weakness we cannot allow. We must show that we want to live peacefully but we will knock you into the stone age if you fuck with us.For 8 years the radical Islamic Waco’s kept hitting us and you great pres Clinton did nothing. Now young men and women have to play the price for his lack of balls!
It is. And you have exactly 48 hours to find a cheap flight. I'm saving your corner of the floor in my room. If you don't confirm quickly that you're using it, I'm gonna give it to a homeless person.You wouldn't want to be responsible for me having to entertain a homeless person instead of you would you?
I've looked everyday..... :club:
To clarify, I want less money spent on the military. However, since there's so much money being spent on the millitary right now, we need to put it to good use to end conflicts, not start them. I am not (nor is almost any liberal) saying to cut off all funding to the military. That would be completely ignorant of anyone to say. However, just in the last 5 years, a ton of money (forgive me for not having specific figures) has been taken from education, social programs, etc. and put into the military. Nobody's saying we shouldn't have went to war with Afghanistan after they attacked us and nobody's saying that we shouldn't have the neccessary funds to defend ourselves.But, let's not pour so much money into funding our defense and, lately, offense that we forget about the people that we're defending. If you look at other prospering nations (ie Canada, half of Europe), they don't spend near as much on their militarys (in regards to % of their budget) and they get along just fine.
At the risk of losing my liberal title, they get along just fine because we are their allies and we are a superpower. If we suddenly were not a superpower, Europe would be a bit more frightened than they currently are.We defend a lot more than just America for your tax dollars.
I just think it's rather naive of you to think that that hope of peace comes free.
I don't think it's free at all. But I think there are easier ways to get it than a huge military that tries to change the world by force.
Yup. Basically, I said you'd be a phoenomenal used car salesman. Congrats.
:club::D:D
So, if I read this right, you're saying that I should give up hope of a peaceful world and peaceful countries and develop new beliefs based on how others run their lives?Personally, I'd rather live in a just, fair, and free nation than one that only looks out for the bottom line.
:club:
Haha, you seriously believe that? You think the terrorists sit around saying (in Arabic, or spanish, or whatever), "Man, I hate those Americans. All their freedoms...and rights...and I really hate those peace loving hippies...let's blow them up..."? Or, could it possibly be, "I hate those Americans...they invade our countries, throw out our governments, and install what they think is the 'right' government, as if we're not smart enough to figure it out for ourselves..."? Again, I point you back to Afghanistan where the PEOPLE elected their own government and we told them it wasn't good enough.Give me a break. Those are just scare tactics used by hawks to get people all riled up, give them more money, and get them re-elected.
Do you use your ass to eat with, too, or can you just talk out of it?
Omg where do I start. LOL.Canada, under flaming liberal regime for 10 years......cut military spending to the point where we are a laughing stock, with about 3 broke helipcoptors and a few row boats.Guess why we can do that?? Cuz we got y'all to stick up for us! Yep that's right. The pcLiberalPinkos KNOW that they can get away will cutting military spending, cuz when the chit hits the fan, the US will bail us out. (cut to Jack Nicholson speech LOL).I for one, appreciate that we have such good neighbours. Unfortuntely, alot of Canadians don't quite get it, and take great relish in anti-US sentiment. Oh, and they all voted Liberal. Ok, I'm gonna quit now and go back to not talking politics in this thread.
That's what I said. Nice to hear confirmation of it from one of those we defend.2 days Bunny! You are getting the biggest hug. I can't wait to meet you!
So, if I read this right, you're saying that I should give up hope of a peaceful world and peaceful countries and develop new beliefs based on how others run their lives?Personally, I'd rather live in a just, fair, and free nation than one that only looks out for the bottom line.
Of course having hope for peace is not wrong. We all want it. It's just naive to think that it comes without a price. Unfortunately, human nature being what is it.....conflicts have been going on since the dawn of time. It's something to strive for, for sure, but doesn't evolve naturally.
One planned terrorist attack in how many years? Wow...you Canadians have it rough...Do you know why those few terrorist attacks are thwarted? Because you put money in your local police systems. We don't do that here. We take it from the local police (and firefighters, and paramedics) and give it to local pork projects and the military.How many successful terrorist attacks have you had in the last 25 years?
About 2 less than you. Give or take. And you're right. Canada typically has not been a direct target. Of course, at one time, we actually had a decent military that worked co-operatively with yours. Also, the "bad guys" know that if they wanted to fuck with us, that they have the US to contend with. Ok, that's it for me! LOL. Said I was going to quit before, and I didn't. So now I am. :club:
OMG. Seriously, show others the ability to live peacefully and that's going to prevent people from showing agression to America? You know, I personally just don't see that happening. If we lessened our military and tried to 'live peacefully' in efforts that other nations will say, "Hey America is at peace, let's all sing kum-by-ya together and dance around the flagpole." Hell no, it's not going to happen. The people that want us Americans dead are going to eat our arses alive if we were to go on those beliefs. They just want us Dead, they don't necessarily have reason, they want us dead because of what we believe in. That's right, they want You dead, just because you're an American, and just because you have freedoms, and just because you have the beliefs that you have. So let's go on the notion of living peacefully and others will follow, why don't you just hand the keys out to your house, and tell people that you don't steal and hope that they don't either.
QFMFT!
That's what I said. Nice to hear confirmation of it from one of those we defend.2 days Bunny! You are getting the biggest hug. I can't wait to meet you!
Me too babydoll!!! :club:
Well i'm fairly certain they have bell hops to carry bags. I wasn't sure if me carrying my own stuff would be "proper"
A single guy like you can easily carry his own bags without bell hops being offended. They expect guys like you to carry their own bags.I, however, will use a bell hop because 1. I'm a girl and don't like to carry anything if I have a guy to carry it for me. Afterall what good are muscles if you can't impress me with them and 2. It's a little extravagance that I enjoy. It reminds me that I'm on vacation and that this is the good life.
We must show that we want to live peacefully but we will knock you into the stone age if you fuck with us.For 8 years the radical Islamic Waco’s kept hitting us and you great pres Clinton did nothing. Now young men and women have to play the price for his lack of balls!
I think this is a prime example of one school of thinking vs another and this is about where we hit a dead end. You seem to see the desire to negotiate and end conflicts through peaceful measures as a weakness and the only way to prove that you're better than them is to blow them up. I'm not saying there aren't times to use force. But I AM saying there are more times where diplomacy and negotiation work much better than force.And before you say it, negotiation is NOT "You agree to our terms and we won't blow you off the face of the earth," like we're doing with Iran. Negotiation is give and take.Clinton didn't "lack balls" when he got involved in Serbia. Or when he was being blown by the moderate-looking intern. JS.
At the risk of losing my liberal title, they get along just fine because we are their allies and we are a superpower. If we suddenly were not a superpower, Europe would be a bit more frightened than they currently are.We defend a lot more than just America for your tax dollars.
O rly? You think if they did exactly what they're doing now without the US as a superpower, they'd be subject to terrorist attacks and wars? I doubt that. In fact, it seems that, in the eyes of the terrorists, if you're an ally of the US, you're MORE likely to be hit by an attack, not less likely.
I think this is a prime example of one school of thinking vs another and this is about where we hit a dead end. You seem to see the desire to negotiate and end conflicts through peaceful measures as a weakness and the only way to prove that you're better than them is to blow them up. I'm not saying there aren't times to use force. But I AM saying there are more times where diplomacy and negotiation work much better than force.And before you say it, negotiation is NOT "You agree to our terms and we won't blow you off the face of the earth," like we're doing with Iran. Negotiation is give and take.Clinton didn't "lack balls" when he got involved in Serbia. Or when he was being blown by the moderate-looking intern. JS.O rly? You think if they did exactly what they're doing now without the US as a superpower, they'd be subject to terrorist attacks and wars? I doubt that. In fact, it seems that, in the eyes of the terrorists, if you're an ally of the US, you're MORE likely to be hit by an attack, not less likely.
If we didn't have the military we have, we wouldn't be able to negotiate at all. I think it's silly for you to assume that you know the whole story regarding what's been negotirated in the past or not?
WTF......Do u read the thread at all or just beg for $5 and dream of Sonic?
hmm...i'm gonna go w/ answer B on this one :club:
If we didn't have the military we have, we wouldn't be able to negotiate at all. I think it's silly for you to assume that you know the whole story regarding what's been negotirated in the past or not?
You're saying we wouldn't have been able to negotiate 9 years ago (1997), when we didn't spend near as much on the military?I call bullshit