• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

No, I'm not. I'm a realist. You, on the other hand, and young and naive.
I almost had it say "I'm a pessimist, but I call myself a realist," but I didn't want to assume something that wasn't true. Nice to know I can hit it on the head once in a while.
Omg where do I start. LOL.Canada, under flaming liberal regime for 10 years......cut military spending to the point where we are a laughing stock, with about 3 broke helipcoptors and a few row boats.Guess why we can do that?? Cuz we got y'all to stick up for us! Yep that's right. The pcLiberalPinkos KNOW that they can get away will cutting military spending, cuz when the chit hits the fan, the US will bail us out. (cut to Jack Nicholson speech LOL).I for one, appreciate that we have such good neighbours. Unfortuntely, alot of Canadians don't quite get it, and take great relish in anti-US sentiment. Oh, and they all voted Liberal. Ok, I'm gonna quit now and go back to not talking politics in this thread.
Right...who's planning to wage war on Canada? How about Switzerland? Finland? Denmark? I could go on if you want.
I'll give you that the past few years have been excessive in military funding, we have our bad seed president to blame for that. I don't always know how to weigh on this current war. In most of the nation's eyes, this is a waste, and a war for oil. At times it clearly appears that that's the case. But I've also heard the other side of this war, from mouths of troops that have stepped in the sands of our current situation. I've heard some Very convincing accounts of the Need for this war. The inhumanity that was taking place, and those were innocent people that were being slain for nothing... Maybe it all started with the defense of innocent people, and the vengence of terrorists that targeted us; cause it was thought that that particular nation housed groups of the same terrorist groups. Maybe it was all for economic profit. As for the other countries not spending nearly as much military funding... One, they aren't the economic giants that we are, Europe is close as a continent, but not individual countries. Two, they don't have as much life to defend, and don't have as much nation to defend.
First, to the current war. I do believe it's a waste, but I don't believe it's for oil. I'm sure oil's a part of the reason, but I think it's truly about spreading democracy in the middle east....whether the countries want it or not. Remember, it was Afghanistan, after we freed them, that voted for a leader that believed in an Islamic nation and was going to prosecute a man who was a Christian. It likely would have happened if the US didn't say, "No, you can't do that. We won't let you."I, too, have heard from troops that have step foot over there. Good and bad things. No doubt that there were autrocities going on in Iraq, but it was (and still is) far worse in other countries that we continue to ignore.That's true, the other countries aren't as powerful economically as we are. That's why I put it in terms of budget percentages and not raw numbers. You don't need a giant military budget to live peacefully - you have to be able to show others that you have the ability to live peacefully. That's something that I don't believe the United States has shown as of yet.
10 BUCKS? WHAT? ARE YOU OUTTA YOUR FRICKIN MIND?Okay, if you promise not to beat me up how about $7.50?
BRAD!Well played sir.
by the way...if nobody else can get into ivan's clique @ binions, i'll start my own table and just give a hearty FU to ivan and his table! :club:
Hey, FU! There was an open invitation to everyone. Don't you start in with this crap.
Well i'm fairly certain they have bell hops to carry bags. I wasn't sure if me carrying my own stuff would be "proper"
I don't think the bellhops ususally rush to carry the bags of young guys with maybe a duffle bag or 2. Unless you wave some cash at them.
10 BUCKS? WHAT? ARE YOU OUTTA YOUR FRICKIN MIND?Okay, if you promise not to beat me up how about $7.50?
*sigh*....cheap bastahd :club:
Mary has a rule.I am not allowed to go play craps untill the bags are delivered to our room.
Well you could thank her for saving you a few bucks then?My plan as of now is get off the plane and put a 5 dollar bill into the first slot machine i find at the airport. Gotta start off the trip right :club:
I don't think the bellhops ususally rush to carry the bags of young guys with maybe a duffle bag or 2. Unless you wave some cash at them.
cool
Hey, FU! There was an open invitation to everyone. Don't you start in with this crap.
yah...i know....when you invited everyone, i still wasn't 100% goin'....so i guess i was S.O.L. no biggie...
The debate will go on for centuries (or until we all kill each other to prove we are more macho than the next guy). Religion, cultures, beliefs will always clash, there will always be a need for military in every country. Those that choose to spend money on it will have an advantage, those that don't, will be at the mercy of those that do. Would you rather play HU against some newb who hasn't read one thing about poker and has only played a little on-line, and is playing at or above his BR limits or against someone who has read everything, studied the game from every angle, and is playing at a BR level they have consistently beat and is prepared for the up and down swings?
So, if I read this right, you're saying that I should give up hope of a peaceful world and peaceful countries and develop new beliefs based on how others run their lives?Personally, I'd rather live in a just, fair, and free nation than one that only looks out for the bottom line.
My plan as of now is get off the plane and put a 5 dollar bill into the first slot machine i find at the airport. Gotta start off the trip right :Dcool
if by first slot machine, you mean stan's pocket...that's cool

Out for the evening folks. Going to eat food that's bad for me and watch television that will rot my brain.It's gonna be a good night.Catch y'all later!

Wow...you're irrational...
Nah, he's just a Marine. It's a mindset you have to have to do that job. I, personally, thank dog you do it.I also think it's a shame that innocent civilians have to die and would love to live in a world where that didn't happen.I'm a fence setter.And a peace maker.Sorry.
Right...who's planning to wage war on Canada? How about Switzerland? Finland? Denmark? I could go on if you want.
I dunno, maybe all the terrorists who see Canada as a safe haven, immigrate here, and who tried to blow up some chit in Toronto a few weeks ago. Terrorist activists and sympathizers are alive and well in Canada, and stay under the radar because of exactly the attitude you just displayed.
This is true! Ivan posted before inviting anyone who wanted to join to let him know. No whining now! (and I say that in the most loving way possible). :club:
So, if I read this right, you're saying that I should give up hope of a peaceful world and peaceful countries and develop new beliefs based on how others run their lives?Personally, I'd rather live in a just, fair, and free nation than one that only looks out for the bottom line.
You have an ingenious way of walking on both sides of the argument. Everything you say flip flops in every direction imaginable.
I dunno, maybe all the terrorists who see Canada as a safe haven, immigrate here, and who tried to blow up some chit in Toronto a few weeks ago. Terrorist activists and sympathizers are alive and well in Canada, and stay under the radar because of exactly the attitude you just displayed.
One planned terrorist attack in how many years? Wow...you Canadians have it rough...Do you know why those few terrorist attacks are thwarted? Because you put money in your local police systems. We don't do that here. We take it from the local police (and firefighters, and paramedics) and give it to local pork projects and the military.How many successful terrorist attacks have you had in the last 25 years?
Personally, I'd rather live in a just, fair, and free nation than one that only looks out for the bottom line.
Then stay away from Harrah's :club:
if by first slot machine, you mean stan's pocket...that's cool
LOL, yeah sure. If i hit a point at a craps table and you're there, i'll give you 5 bucks
That's true, the other countries aren't as powerful economically as we are. That's why I put it in terms of budget percentages and not raw numbers. You don't need a giant military budget to live peacefully - you have to be able to show others that you have the ability to live peacefully. That's something that I don't believe the United States has shown as of yet.
OMG. Seriously, show others the ability to live peacefully and that's going to prevent people from showing agression to America? You know, I personally just don't see that happening. If we lessened our military and tried to 'live peacefully' in efforts that other nations will say, "Hey America is at peace, let's all sing kum-by-ya together and dance around the flagpole." Hell no, it's not going to happen. The people that want us Americans dead are going to eat our arses alive if we were to go on those beliefs. They just want us Dead, they don't necessarily have reason, they want us dead because of what we believe in. That's right, they want You dead, just because you're an American, and just because you have freedoms, and just because you have the beliefs that you have. So let's go on the notion of living peacefully and others will follow, why don't you just hand the keys out to your house, and tell people that you don't steal and hope that they don't either.
This is true! Ivan posted before inviting anyone who wanted to join to let him know. No whining now! (and I say that in the most loving way possible). :D
:club: whateverrrrrrrr :D

btw....i have found my outfit for the rio shindig ......51368505.jpgwith just one minor accessory change....instead of the chalice, i will be holding one of these....menu_catFountainFavorites.jpg

yah...i know....when you invited everyone, i still wasn't 100% goin'....so i guess i was S.O.L. no biggie...
And there were posts today indicating that after 5:00 my time, i was calling binion's to change the reservation. You snooze, you lose. Sorry my man.
I just think it's rather naive of you to think that that hope of peace comes free.