where is chris moneymaker

I have not seen him recently and i mean in almost really 10 months minus his pitstop at the world series. He looked like he was hit by a bus there. wehat happened to him he becomes a millionaire and looks like shit. Anyone know the story? :shock:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow.. when I saw this topic, I decided that I was going to say "he got hit by a bus, ala Gus Hansen". but goddamnit, you beat me to it.

Actually he is a member of Team Pokerstars and has all the buy ins comped for him. He makes more $$ a year by doing appearances, signings, his book sales et. etc. than most of us. Plus he plays for free at all the big events. Don't worry about him, he's just fine. :club:

Being broke is in his genes. Don't blame him.Being a joke is in his genes. Don't blame him.Being an idiot is in his genes. Dont' blame himBeing ugly is in his genes. Don't blame him.Being one of the biggest losers on the face of the planet... you can go ahead and blame him for that.Actually, go ahead and blame him for all of the above.He's probably selling his wife for craps money and alchohol right now. A search on eBay might come up with something, might wanna check it out.

honestly it looks like he's been partying wwaaay to hard.He probabbly couldnt handle the fame and the millions like some people.But, He's probably getting tons of ass, driving a nice car, and drinking the best booze...so I wouldnt feel sorry for him just yet.

I just dealt to him the other day, he stays at the MGM when hes in town. Hes a winner in the 5/10nl game when he plays it, and says hes doing very well, due to something hes doing with playboy and also him and Johnny Chan are teamed up for some kind of gaming thing. I think hes doing pretty well, and yes, he does have money.

I dont get all the moneymaker hating. he isnt a total fluke because he also got a second place in wpt bay101. sure he isnt among the games elite but he made the most of his shot and desrves respect for that.he plays fearless even at the biggest points of tournaments.most of us will never even get a seat in a major tourney but if we do he taught us if things go right and u have heart u have a shot. i played with chris in a 500 dollar buy in at the bellagio and he is a nice guy. he ansered all are questions(probally ansering same questions for the millionth time)and he doesnt have a big ego. As for what he has been doing lately Daniel mentioned he played in the high stakes poker show and he is part of superstars 3.he is not gonna go broke playing with the big boys and u gotta respect a guy who knows when he is over matched.tuan le will be broke before money does.

He was hanging out in Binion's after getting done with Poker Superstars for the night. He's been playing as low as 2/5 NL i believe which IMO is very cool of him to mingle with the locals like that. It's good for the game. One night, him, Gus Hansen, and Mike Matusow were all in Binion's. I think they're filming a new show there for Fox or something. Good to see Binion's hoping again and Moneymake having fun.