unofficial: what do you "dislike" most about fcp?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

locking threads all the damn time. Mine just got locked because their was another 60 thread post on my subject.Who wants to read through all that crap? So I started a new thread, it got locked. Oh well.
yeah, well, guess what, I don't care. YOu made a topic about a topic that had already been started, therefore it was bound to be locked. YOu had to expect that to happen, so why even start a new thread on the same topic when you know that is bound to happen
Damn, KDawg, why come off like a pompous ass? In your newfound position of authority it may behoove you to conduct yourself with a tad more professionalism than what you've displayed here, just a thought.As far as locking threads because they've been discussed already, let's explore this:1. FCP is a fairly large community.2. In any large community the same subject is bound to come up between different people from time to time. Because my buddy and I discussed the state of the steeler's injuries thus far this season, this means no one else in my community is free to discuss it?3. If you've discussed a subject in a previous thread, you are always free to not contribute to a new thread on that subject, unless you care to have that discussion with new people who have unique comments and points of view you may wish to read.4. Does this policy of yours, locking "same subject" threads have some sort of timeline attached to it? Meaning, if I start a thread about Mike Matusow today, can one be started on him 6 months from now, or will that one be locked?Review your policies and quit treating the forum with a condescending attitude because you've been given a smidgen of authority around here, or you'll only succeed in reducing the number of people who frequent this site.

I don't post alot. I mostly just read Daniel's poker blogs and look at some of the things being posted. A throw in the occasional post here and there. I really don't dislike anything about the site. But I have something that should be added.I think there should be a Poker Room for Full Contact Poker members only. Possibly the best room, with the best random number generator (or whatever you call it.) That will give everyone a great site to play on, knowing online poker is not rigged. It will also give alot of these guys who think they know the world about poker a chance to put up or shut up.later

locking threads all the damn time.  Mine just got locked because their was another 60 thread post on my subject.Who wants to read through all that crap?  So I started a new thread, it got locked.  Oh well.
yeah, well, guess what, I don't care. YOu made a topic about a topic that had already been started, therefore it was bound to be locked. YOu had to expect that to happen, so why even start a new thread on the same topic when you know that is bound to happen
Damn, KDawg, why come off like a pompous ass? In your newfound position of authority it may behoove you to conduct yourself with a tad more professionalism than what you've displayed here, just a thought.As far as locking threads because they've been discussed already, let's explore this:1. FCP is a fairly large community.2. In any large community the same subject is bound to come up between different people from time to time. Because my buddy and I discussed the state of the steeler's injuries thus far this season, this means no one else in my community is free to discuss it?3. If you've discussed a subject in a previous thread, you are always free to not contribute to a new thread on that subject, unless you care to have that discussion with new people who have unique comments and points of view you may wish to read.4. Does this policy of yours, locking "same subject" threads have some sort of timeline attached to it? Meaning, if I start a thread about Mike Matusow today, can one be started on him 6 months from now, or will that one be locked?Review your policies and quit treating the forum with a condescending attitude because you've been given a smidgen of authority around here, or you'll only succeed in reducing the number of people who frequent this site.
I love how you sum up how I am as a mod off of one comment, good job, you're another one of those people. The guy who I was talking to had been whining about it and I was fed up. If you have a problem with what I'm doing, please PM me instead of trying to call me out. Just to let you know, Everyone who has attempted to do what you are doing since I became a mod has failed in trying to change how I do things. It should also be noted that going about things the way you just have hasn't exactly resulted in Gov, admin, or Daniel telling me to change things. Again, if you have a problem with me, PM me, if not, then I will keep it out in the open
Allie is probably one of the nicest posters on this site.  Becareful what you say.  Accusing her of supporting flaming is just going to make you look bad.
Thank you for that Ms. I. :wink: :wink: Nice to know the girls got my back.
I believe that some people post strictly just to flame others.  It's extremely obnoxious.  That's my one and only problem with the site.
You have been on the internet before coming here, right? If you don't like it, stay far away from rec.gambling.poker.
locking threads all the damn time. Mine just got locked because their was another 60 thread post on my subject.Who wants to read through all that crap? So I started a new thread, it got locked. Oh well.
I love how you sum up how I am as a mod off of one comment, good job, you're another one of those people. The guy who I was talking to had been whining about it and I was fed up. If you have a problem with what I'm doing, please PM me instead of trying to call me out. Just to let you know, Everyone who has attempted to do what you are doing since I became a mod has failed in trying to change how I do things. It should also be noted that going about things the way you just have hasn't exactly resulted in Gov, admin, or Daniel telling me to change things. Again, if you have a problem with me, PM me, if not, then I will keep it out in the open
I didn't attempt to sum up how you are as a mod by one comment, just expressed my opinion on said comment. Another one of those people? What people would that be?The second bolded statement implies others have attempted to change the way you do things? Hmmmmmmm.Thanks for addressing my comments / questions / concerns regarding locking "same subject" threads. :roll:
You have been on the internet before coming here, right? If you don't like it, stay far away from rec.gambling.poker.
This the only forum I've ever been a part of. I've been reading on here for about a year, although I've only been a member a few months. For that year, I've read way more "flaming" posts than meaningful ones. It becomes a bit tiresome after a while. I would just rather not post than post and say something pointless to someone in an attempt to be funny. That's just me though.
morrissey =god....that is all
Amen my good man. Amen...
I didn't attempt to sum up how you are as a mod by one comment, just expressed my opinion on said comment. Another one of those people? What people would that be?The second bolded statement implies others have attempted to change the way you do things? Hmmmmmmm.Thanks for addressing my comments / questions / concerns regarding locking "same subject" threads. :roll:
I didn't address you question, cause to be honest, its silly and its something that will be crossed when it gets there. Please, for every person like you that makes a needless criticism, there have been several that have thanked me, or if they have had a criticism, theyhave done it in private. I've never been some cuddly poster, and I'm not gonna stop. Yes, you did attempt to sum me up in one post, and bolding my other statement without looking at the posts where people have criticised is also ridiculous. Before you open your e-mouth again do a little searching so that you don't look as clueless as you are
locking threads all the damn time.  Mine just got locked because their was another 60 thread post on my subject.Who wants to read through all that crap?  So I started a new thread, it got locked.  Oh well.
Since KDawg has much more important stuff to deal with than you, I will go ahead and answer your stupid, pointless questions. Weren't they rhetorical anyway?1. This isn't a question. It is a statement, one with which I agree.2. Yes, you can discuss the same subject. 3. But after making three pages of posts that say the exact same thing, you should expect to get the thread locked. Come up with something to add that hasn't been brought up before, and the post could stay. But after pages of mindless drivel, the thread was locked. The OP in question then started another thread about the exact same topic. Same argument, everything. What do you think the correct way to deal with this sitation is? You argue that new posters might bring "unique comments and points of view you may wish to read." They had three pages to bring unique comments. What more do you want?4. if I start a thread about Mike Matusow today, can one be started on him 6 months from now, or will that one be locked? You are making a completely different argument. The set of circumstances that led to you making your idiotic post are completely different than the situation that you outlined above.Like KDawg said, you should know what you are talking about before pouring fuel onto a fire. People like you, who try to manipulate others into thinking like you, should be shot. Good thing most people can sense your stupidity. Any mature adult can see what a mockery you have made of yourself. If you were genuinely concerned about the way that KDawg moderates, you would send him and email, or send Chris an email, and not try to bring your argument to a public place. You have no credibility when your argument is no stronger than "Mommy, look at what brother is doing. What a jerk!" That is, essentially, what you are arguing. Your childish remarks deserve an equal response:"Stop whining like a baby."Go change your diaper.

OK, let's put this thing to bed right now:Having a couple days to reflect on my op in this thread, I've come to the conclusion that, while I stand by my comments and point of view, I could've expressed them in a more discreet manner. I've always respected kdawg's posts and I'm sure I will continue to do so. Having a bad day is no excuse for jumping down someone's throat, especially when I wasn't even involved in the initial discussion between KKsuited and kdawg. I don't frequent this site as much as I used to due to the constant flaming, then when I see a mod tell another member he doesn't care about their point of view, it irritated me.As for you, jeepster, you're guilty of the exact same thing as me, sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong. Kdawg responded to my last post, and I'm sure he didn't need you to take up for him. I forgive you (sw). As for "whining" and sounding childish, you're entitled to your opinion, as we all are, but attempting to belittle me or insult me shows alot about your character. All that said, I'm willing to drop this whole silly disagreement right now if you are.

I love the out of control flaming on this site.That is the only reason I registered here.Well not the only reason,I also really enjoy reading and discussing other people's bad beats.Post countwhale_hunter -2Kdawg-8,562
you're gonna have to try so much harder to get close to me. You're gonna have to fengstyle it to get close, and then, I'll start deleting your posts :twisted:
At is it right now, it discourages people from reading and responding to messages in other fora, and thus encourages people to just post everything in "general poker".
My favorite thing about FCP: amidst the poop jokes and debates about boobies that dominate the general forum, someone uses the proper plural of a neuter latin noun.It's a thing of beauty.Flowers grow best in shit, after all.
  • 1 year later...