how big is your bankroll

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About 20k.. but 5k is gonna be gone of that once I purchase..62" Toshiba 62HM195 - 1920x1080 so I can 6-table on the couch. $2,730TV stand for the new TV. $200Fluance SX-HTB+ speaker system. $260Pioneer Elite VSX-52TX receiver. $500New microfiber sectional. $1,000Coffee table - either $160 or $390 - haven't decided on which.And have a pair Bose Series VI 901's to add to that.Pimpin' out the basement.. already have the carpet.  Will be a 13 x 22' room.  After I get all that setup, a small bar and load it with liquor, a small fridge, and then I should be set.Any comments or  suggestions on the TV/speaker stuff?  Lemme know..
Hey Tommy - I have the Toshiba 52HM84 and LOVE it (you HAVE to get cable HD programming b/c it's so money) But one word of caution... get the extended warranty. I have had the TV for a little over a year and the lamp exploded. Luckily I called Toshiba and they sent me a replacement (even though it was out of warranty by two weeks). I have been told that replacement lamps are at least 300 if you can find them. The warranty is only a little more than that for 4 yrs. coverage. Anyway GL. :club:
at the end of september it was 10k..ahh..those days were nice and worry free.now its small.i play 3/6 6 max mostly.
did you pick up a crack habit in Oct. PP? definitely -EV.just grind it out man!
nah. After I made a big cash I got all excited and started playing big buy in sit n gos and tourneys which lost me quite a bit. then I cashed a bit out for "invesment" purposes. I had a a reeeaally bad month of october at the tables, and well..that was that. back to grinding it and hope for another big tourney win.
good luck bro.
ty.
Did you loes most of it at Stars NL Cash Games?
at the end of september it was 10k..ahh..those days were nice and worry free.now its small.i play 3/6 6 max mostly.
did you pick up a crack habit in Oct. PP? definitely -EV.just grind it out man!
nah. After I made a big cash I got all excited and started playing big buy in sit n gos and tourneys which lost me quite a bit. then I cashed a bit out for "invesment" purposes. I had a a reeeaally bad month of october at the tables, and well..that was that. back to grinding it and hope for another big tourney win.
good luck bro.
ty.
Did you loes most of it at Stars NL Cash Games?
nah, Party Limit cash games, and some Pokerroom sng's.
around $50K$20-$40 live$5-$10 online
thats a huge bankroll for the limits you're playing. is there a reason for you not playing bigger limits? or are you just playing it safe?
yeah. first off I live out of my bank roll. so I maintain several months of expenses "just in case"second I tried to make the move up (i posted a thread about this a few months ago) and kept getting clobbered. Plus I'm in a non gambling state so I don't have many options. As much as I'm making at these limits it is best for me to stay put right now.
62" Toshiba 62HM195 - 1920x1080 so I can 6-table on the couch. $2,730.
I just got a Samsung HLR-5078 DLP that is 1080p/1,920 x 1,080 and it is just amazing. I did the old "make them match each others price" war and got 1 place down to $3,000 out the door. You can get them online for $2,700-$2,900 to your door but I wanted a "place" I could go in case of a problem with it. The HDTV/HDMI cables added another $500 but they are a must so I had no choice. I will have a MAX viewing distance of 11 feet so 50" is perfect. As long as you can get far enough away 62" should be killer. Lucky.
combined live and online br is about 10.5k right now. I will always hold a place in my heart for instant bankroll, without it I would have about 2k instead (only live games).
Explain about the instant bankroll, and what happened..........
As previously mentioned, started with the free 75 bucks (later they give you 25 more), and played 25 NL on party. Had nothing else to do last semester, so I played tight and used a basic all in pf strategy with AA and KK. Started bonus whoring when i was at around 500, now I'm on bodog.Unfortunately, I withdrew my whole roll and now have a deposit limit ( i made a new name on bodog to get rakeback), so now they will only let me deposit 500 at a time. Working on fixing that, cause going from 2/4 to 1/2 nl is completely impossible.
my bankroll is a function of how much I can lose that week. i've played anywhere from 2/4 to 2000 nl. i lost 5k playing blackjack on party poker the first day they updated their software, so now i don't play on that site anymore. I'm trying to get rid of my other gambling problems and just focus on poker now. So, I'm at pacific now playing with a 600 dollar bankroll and just playing 100 nl and 30 to 50 dollar sit and go's. I can afford to have a larger bankroll but I'm trying to discipline myself to play well with emotional control.
Im not being rude, I just want to offer some advice. STOP PLAYING POKER. It is apparent that you have a gambling addiction, and playing poker will just feed the addiction further. It is like like an alcoholic saying "Im only going to drink beer."Also, if you are playing 100nl and $50 sngs with a $600 bankroll, you are bound to go broke, even if you are a great player. Seriously man, stop playing.
I appreciate the advice but I know that I can beat the addiction. Even smokers can quit and alcoholics become reformed and my gambling addiction isn't that severe. The losses I've sustained so far in gambling is still affordable, just a chink in the armor. I haven't gone so bad that it's going to be that hard to reform myself. If i lose the 600, i can still afford to buy in again. Besides I love poker, I can never quit. Besides playing online sharpens my skills when I play with buddies. I won 1k on the weekend playing 5-5 nl with the boys.
LOLOLOL!

I just deposited $25 to my account so I could use a tournament entry chip in order to cover the $9 fee that went along with it. I finished that tournament in 3 and now I have over a grand. But usually I don't play much cash games on this particular site. If I do, it's through my league I help run which is usually a $5 + .50 small tourney buy in with anywhere from 8-19 people playing it. What can I say- I like the people in my league- but don't like the site itself.

the Worst. Run. Ever. has knocked me down from 25k to 10k in just 3 weeks and 10k hands.was playing 25/50 on pokerroom and the occasional large buyin MTT, but now i'm back to 10/20, and school hasn't left me enough time to play more than 10 hrs/wk or so these days, so i'm taking the bad run as a cue to take a break for a bit and work more on the grad school thing.

Enough to play $30 sit and goes...I start with $500, build it up to $1500 and then cash out a grand, and repeat. I've cashed out $1000 about 25 times since I started somewhat seriously 4 months ago, and have only lost the initial $500 twice; but I only have $7000 in the savings account to show for it... I suck at saving money.

About 20k.. but 5k is gonna be gone of that once I purchase..62" Toshiba 62HM195 - 1920x1080 so I can 6-table on the couch. $2,730TV stand for the new TV. $200Fluance SX-HTB+ speaker system. $260Pioneer Elite VSX-52TX receiver. $500New microfiber sectional. $1,000Coffee table - either $160 or $390 - haven't decided on which.And have a pair Bose Series VI 901's to add to that.Pimpin' out the basement.. already have the carpet. Will be a 13 x 22' room. After I get all that setup, a small bar and load it with liquor, a small fridge, and then I should be set.Any comments or suggestions on the TV/speaker stuff? Lemme know..
ya can't go wrong with a set of Paradigm speakers...awesome!!!http://www.paradigm.com/Website/SiteParadigmProduct/ParadigmModels/MonSeries/Monseries.html

that's easy $211 after the fact my x wife who ran off with the UPS guy had her brother transfer $1500 out of my account into her partypoker account, since she swiped my laptop, and of course she withdrew the money and closed her PartyPoker acct. So i ask myself is it worth it to hire an attorney and confront my x (again) over $1500? well maybe, but i'm kinda too upset to think straight right about now.donations accepted oyPartyPoker: DeaconMike