how big is your bankroll

Just a curiousity question...What is your bankroll and what is your regular limit?????Mine is a little over $3000.00 and i usually play 5-10 or any tourney between 10 buck and 100...I have made way more than this at poker but as some of you may know,Getting married can affect itWedding pictures $1800honeymoon to maui $4500School total $14,000Really would like to be playing with a 20,000 + bankroll but hey wives and a degree can be ok too....sigh i guessanyway lets hear em?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put $500 in to start back in April with the understanding when it was gone I wouldnt add more til the first of the year. Ive worked it up to about $800 playing mostly sin n gos with a lil $25 buy max no limit.

Big enough to play 2/4, not sure I'm good enough though.

4600 and I play 5/10
Custom is now a kinder gentler man now that he's a MOD.My BR is around $20 give or take several zeros depending on the day.or12 Brazilian dollars
$8,000+ USD... i play 3/5 NL
I checked your blog, it seems we play the same game at the Commerce (although I've dropped to $100 more recently because I was taking a beating at $200). I certainly don't have an $8k bankroll, though - nice work. In fact, my bankroll is the present value of my future paychecks :club:
I put $500 in to start back in April with the understanding when it was gone I wouldnt add more til the first of the year. Ive worked it up to about $800 playing mostly sin n gos with a lil $25 buy max no limit.
Not to derail the subject, but can we get a larger version of that avatar?

my bankroll is a function of how much I can lose that week. i've played anywhere from 2/4 to 2000 nl. i lost 5k playing blackjack on party poker the first day they updated their software, so now i don't play on that site anymore. I'm trying to get rid of my other gambling problems and just focus on poker now. So, I'm at pacific now playing with a 600 dollar bankroll and just playing 100 nl and 30 to 50 dollar sit and go's. I can afford to have a larger bankroll but I'm trying to discipline myself to play well with emotional control.

my bankroll is a function of how much I can lose that week. i've played anywhere from 2/4 to 2000 nl. i lost 5k playing blackjack on party poker the first day they updated their software, so now i don't play on that site anymore. I'm trying to get rid of my other gambling problems and just focus on poker now. So, I'm at pacific now playing with a 600 dollar bankroll and just playing 100 nl and 30 to 50 dollar sit and go's. I can afford to have a larger bankroll but I'm trying to discipline myself to play well with emotional control.
Im not being rude, I just want to offer some advice. STOP PLAYING POKER. It is apparent that you have a gambling addiction, and playing poker will just feed the addiction further. It is like like an alcoholic saying "Im only going to drink beer."Also, if you are playing 100nl and $50 sngs with a $600 bankroll, you are bound to go broke, even if you are a great player. Seriously man, stop playing.
$8,000+ USD... i play 3/5 NL
I checked your blog, it seems we play the same game at the Commerce (although I've dropped to $100 more recently because I was taking a beating at $200). I certainly don't have an $8k bankroll, though - nice work. In fact, my bankroll is the present value of my future paychecks :club:
we probably have played together...good luck

it'd be pretty cool if dn answered this question. i know it's kind of a privacy issue, but it would be interesting to hear from someone who plays in the biggest game possible... someone who bought into a nl game last week with a million against the best players in the world! i can't even imagine!?!?!something else i was wondering about was if dn would be interested in playing andy beal in his heads up challenge matches. now i know his challenge is 100,000 to 500,000 , but i was wondering if dn would consider playing him for higher limits, since beal is so rich!just something i was thinking about...