**** my fcp license plate*******

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

don't be a fruitcake LA area type and blow all your winnings on a car loan and some stupid aftermarket molding or exhaust or lighting crap.i only say that because you admit you're young and i've seen your posts here. you made a nice score; don't go acting like you made a million, though. be smart. pace yourself. poker might be your life, or poker might have just spiked your lifetime earnings and you can only go down from here.as a young guy, i know that's hard to think about.but: get a car that's a couple years old, nice/classy, of course still under warranty, that you can use this money to insure for awhile and pay on. don't make yourself have to think about paying for it ever. stay within a budget.that means don't buy a car that costs $30k sticker plus insurance brand new when you just won $36.5k. that is, frankly, -EV. again, be smart.as for plates, 10-8 all by itself. no need to advertise anything else. let people ask you if they care.

don't be a fruitcake LA area type and blow all your winnings on a car loan and some stupid aftermarket molding or exhaust or lighting crap.i only say that because you admit you're young and i've seen your posts here. you made a nice score; don't go acting like you made a million, though. be smart. pace yourself. poker might be your life, or poker might have just spiked your lifetime earnings and you can only go down from here.as a young guy, i know that's hard to think about.but: get a car that's a couple years old, nice/classy, of course still under warranty, that you can use this money to insure for awhile and pay on. don't make yourself have to think about paying for it ever. stay within a budget.that means don't buy a car that costs $30k sticker plus insurance brand new when you just won $36.5k. that is, frankly, -EV. again, be smart.as for plates, 10-8 all by itself. no need to advertise anything else. let people ask you if they care.
great advice, thank you. I wasnt going to buy a new new car. I was going to buy an used car, but only used for 1-3 years with warranty. I'm only looking to spend around 10-18k the "10-8" license plate sounds very good as well

Teneight,I know you are looking for a used car, but I tell you, the Scions are cheap and they are oh so cute. I have the xA because I know I will tire from the xB. The tC is so sharp and sporty. Its about $17k-$18k. Anyway, for a timy little car, mine has lots of pickup and it is very comfortable. Only issue I have is that sometimes it is hard to find it in a parking lot because a big SUV always seems to park right in front of me and block my view. :)Congrats again on your win.

great advice, thank you. I wasnt going to buy a new new car. I was going to buy an used car, but only used for 1-3 years with warranty. I'm only looking to spend around 10-18k the "10-8" license plate sounds very good as well
Honestly teneight, there is no reason you shouldn't get exactly what your heart desires. I've followed you're cash games results and they are pretty impressive to date so you can afford to splurg if you please.I say this considering your personal situation.Young man with no real responsiblities as of yet (mortgage, kids, etc.)No childrenStill in schoolLive your young life to the fullest before the time comes when you have to put other peoples concerns before your own. Ask you dad about that if you like. Not saying life comes to a halt after you have kids...you are just not free to do what ever you want, when you want.By the way, you have forgotten to mention where you plan to vacation with your winfall. lol.

I think 10 8 is perfect. On a side note, after 20 years plus in the car business, if you have any questions about anything a dealer tells you give me a shout. I should be able to help you get thru the muck and the bs that most of us put out.Congrats on the big win btw.

I think 10 8 is perfect. On a side note, after 20 years plus in the car business, if you have any questions about anything a dealer tells you give me a shout. I should be able to help you get thru the muck and the bs that most of us put out.Congrats on the big win btw.
ty very much..I will probably have some questions later on.is there any simple advice you could give me? what are some good deals, what is a scam to look out for?
ty very much..I will probably have some questions later on.is there any simple advice you could give me? what are some good deals, what is a scam to look out for?
Simplest advice is this:Do some research, narrow down what your looking for before you talk price with anyone. Look online to see what cars like what you are looking for are selling for in your area, within say 150-200 miles. Don't buy anything the first time you look at it, regardless of how good the salesman says the deal is. If they can sell it today for a certain price, they can do it tomorrow. Have a mechanic look at the car before you buy it, if you know someone you trust. Once you have a car and a price range in mind, stick to your guns.Off the top of my head, those are some general things you can do to make sure you don't get screwed. Feel free to pm me if you have specific questions. I usually am on the forum a couple of times a day, even if I don't post much.
well i'll let the polls run for a bit more before I make my decision.thanks everyone for the advice, especially you dreamcaster
Thanks.I just can't picture you or Zim worring about downpayments on houses at your ages. That time will come.I'm surprised no one mentioned buying RRSP's. lol.