**** my fcp license plate*******

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

don't be a fruitcake LA area type and blow all your winnings on a car loan and some stupid aftermarket molding or exhaust or lighting crap.i only say that because you admit you're young and i've seen your posts here. you made a nice score; don't go acting like you made a million, though. be smart. pace yourself. poker might be your life, or poker might have just spiked your lifetime earnings and you can only go down from here.as a young guy, i know that's hard to think about.but: get a car that's a couple years old, nice/classy, of course still under warranty, that you can use this money to insure for awhile and pay on. don't make yourself have to think about paying for it ever. stay within a budget.that means don't buy a car that costs $30k sticker plus insurance brand new when you just won $36.5k. that is, frankly, -EV. again, be smart.as for plates, 10-8 all by itself. no need to advertise anything else. let people ask you if they care.
great advice, thank you. I wasnt going to buy a new new car. I was going to buy an used car, but only used for 1-3 years with warranty. I'm only looking to spend around 10-18k the "10-8" license plate sounds very good as well
great advice, and glad you're planning on taking it and doing the right thing teneight. pick something that you can explain to girls and make yourself look cool instead of a weirdo who's license plate is about an internet forum. no offense guys, but come on.congrats again on the score dude.daniel

Hey 10-8, I skimmed through your blog and saw you never lose. What limit do you play man? Do you play nolimit? How can you win every time? Are you just not recording losing sessions? (I tend to do this on my cardplayer.com poker analyst)thx

Like most of you already know, I took down the Ultimat bet 150k guar. last sunday for $36.5k. I'm a college student and needed a car really bad.Well i'm getting a new car next week(dont know what kind just yet) but I will be getting my own custom license plate. It's going to be one of the following:FCP10 810 8FCPteneigt it's most likely going to be FCP10 8 so i'll be representing FCP while I drive all around Los angeles in my new car. I'm getting it because FCP is like a second home to me and I love you guys. thanks daniel for a great FOrum. I remember the old school days when you use to post on the LAP forums back when you weren't a huge known poker player, remember those days?? just get dorkteneightps. if you have any other suggestions for my license plate, let me know

Seeing this has half turned into a "what to do with the money" thread.. I suggest putting the money into a house and buying an el cheapo car. (If you are really young get your parents to go guarantor if the banks wont touch you).Chuck some renters in the house to cover the mortgage and you are on the road to richesAn expensive car is cool but will cost you money... -EVOwning your own house would be huge +EVAnyway it's your money and your business what you do with it.

Seeing this has half turned into a "what to do with the money" thread.. I suggest putting the money into a house and buying an el cheapo car. (If you are really young get your parents to go guarantor if the banks wont touch you).Chuck some renters in the house to cover the mortgage and you are on the road to richesAn expensive car is cool but will cost you money... -EVOwning your own house would be huge +EVAnyway it's your money and your business what you do with it.
a good idea, but a car will be about half his money tosr - i realize houses are cheaper where you live, but in the US (not sure where teneight is) a house will cost at least $100000 and usually several times that, so it isn't realistic for teneight.
a good idea, but a car will be about half his money tosr - i realize houses are cheaper where you live, but in the US (not sure where teneight is) a house will cost at least $100000 and usually several times that, so it isn't realistic for teneight.
he couldn't do 20k for a deposit and 10 for a car?
Hey 10-8, I skimmed through your blog and saw you never lose. What limit do you play man? Do you play nolimit? How can you win every time? Are you just not recording losing sessions? (I tend to do this on my cardplayer.com poker analyst)thx
i've been on a nice rush lately. I do lose, but I only put down how much i'm up/down for the day/night. Every night before I go to bed, I make sure to report on my winning/loses and lately, i've been up every day :club:
I live in los angeles, so to get a nice house around here now is like 200k min. seriously
that is possible, but both a car and running a house (especially renting one) require consistent and significant expenses. without a reliable, consistent source on income, he probably shouldn't be leaving himself so thin. not a bad idea, but he's pretty young, and while 36K is a lot of money, i don't think its quite enough to make an investment like that.tosr brings up a good point though - you could start a small investment fund now and use it both for investing and/or income purposes.cheers,daniel